This Functional Flavor market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Functional Flavor market.
Functional flavor refers to the flavors made up of functional ingredients such as co-enzyme Q10, spirulina, aloe vera, green barley etc. Functional flavors includes ingredients such as nutraceuticals, colors, acids, extracts, essential oils, antioxidants, sugar(s), fortifications, texture related ingredients, sugar substitutes & salt replacers. Functional flavors can be used in the natural state or can be processed for human consumption. Functional flavors have low carbohydrate, low fat, and low alcohol. Significance of functional flavors lies in the enhancement of taste and odour of the food products. Additionally, the antioxidant, antimicrobial, and antiviral properties of functional flavors helps it in gaining a prominent share in the flavors market. High growth of functional flavor market can be attributed to its increased applications in the functional food and functional beverages. Factors such as rising health consciousness, on-the-go lifestyle, changing taste and preferences of consumers, increasing health consciousness, and new product developments are expected to drive the demand for functional flavors over the forecast period.
Global Functional Flavor Market: Market Segmentation
The global functional flavor market can be segmented on the basis of application, type, and region. On the basis of application, functional flavor market can be segmented into functional food, functional beverages, confectionary, dairy product, bakery, and others. Others include applications such as condiments, dressings, soups, and sauces etc. Functional beverages is expected to witness high demand in the global functional flavor market followed by bakery segment during the forecast period. Based upon type, functional flavor market can be segmented into natural flavors and synthetic flavors. Natural flavors is further sub-segmented into aroma chemical, botanical extract, essential oils and other natural flavor. Sub-segments of synthetic flavors include savory flavor, citrus flavor, fruit flavor, and other synthetic flavors. Natural flavor segment is expected to witness high growth owing to the shift in consumer preference from synthetic flavors to natural flavors that adds more health benefits.
Global Functional Flavor Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global functional flavor market can be segmented into major regions including North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa. Globally, among all regions, North America is expected to be the largest market for functional flavors. Factors such as on the move life style, hectic work schedules, and high living standards are expected to fuel the revenue growth of functional flavors market over the forecast period. Asia Pacific region is expected to be the fastest growing market owing to the increased demand of functional flavors in the food & beverages industry.
Global Functional Flavor Market: Growth Drivers
Functional Flavor Market is anticipated to witness rapid growth during the reviewed period. Growing trend of increased demand for functional food and functional beverages is expected to have a positive impact on the growth of functional flavors market. Growing ageing population, rising health consciousness coupled with growing awareness regarding health benefits of the functional flavors is expected to result into high revenue growth of global functional flavor market. Rapid urbanization has also contributed significantly to the changing life-style, tastes and preferences, dietary habits. This, in turn, shifted the consumer preference towards food & beverages that can bring health benefits to the body. However, stringent regulations related to food safety is expected to limit the growth of functional flavor market.
Global Functional Flavor Market: Players
Some of the global key players in the functional flavor market includes Ungerer Limited, Excellentia International Firmenich SA, Sensient Technologies Corporation, Takasago International Corporation, Wild Flavors and Specialty Ingredients, Symrise AG, Frutarom Industries Ltd. among others.Companies in the global functional flavor market are focusing upon expanding their product portfolio through new product launches.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, and others)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Benelux, Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Functional Flavor Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Functional Flavor Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Functional Flavor Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Functional Flavor Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Functional Flavor Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Functional Flavor Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)