This Functional Flour market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Functional Flour market.
Functional flours are grain and non-grain flours modified to enhance the values of their individual components for different applications, through breeding, blending and/or further processing.Apart from providing the structure and texture to food products functional flours claim to improve health and provide higher health benefits than that of regular flours. Functional flours also include flours fortified with vitamins, minerals, herbs, and even with other nutritional components and nutraceuticals. Globally growing food industry with frequent introduction of innovative and nutritional value products, is the major factors driving market growth of the products like functional flours, as used as raw materials in various food products.
Functional Flour Market Segmentation:
Functional flour market is segmented on the basis of by source, by type, by applications in different products.
On the basis of source, functional flour market is segmented as cereals and legumes. The cereals segment includes flours of rice, barley, wheat, maize, corn, millet, sorghum, triticale etc. Cereals flours are quite popular and traditionally being used. Flour prepared from different kind of beans, nuts, peas and lentils such as soybean, carob, clover, mesquite etc falls under legume segment. Understanding nutritional value of legumes are always been preferred in diet, hence market demand for legume functional flours is expected to be higher in near future.
Functional flour market is further segmented on the basis of types such as, fortified flours, gluten -free flours, specialty flours and other flours. Fortified flours are fortified with specific vitamins and nutritional elements, and demanded in deficiency treatment nutritional deficiency. Consumer preferences for gluten free products is expected to fuel market demand for gluten-free flours. Specialty flours are prepared by mixing of four to five different seeds as per requirement, flours from organic seeds are also fall into specialty segment. Functional flour market is later segmented on the basis of applications as bakery, soups and sauces, ready to eat products and others.
Market Regional Outlook:
On the basis of region functional flour market is segmented as Latin America, North America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan, Middle East and Africa, and Japan. Owing to the flourishing processed food market of the region, North America market constitutes major market for functional flours and expected to show significant growth in near future. Europe market is another largest market followed by Japan. Rapidly growing popularity of ready to eat convenience food, coupled with the growing awareness of health benefits in the developing regions like Asia-Pacific has seen a spike in demand from countries like India and China.
Market Drivers and Trends:
Increasing number of health conscious consumers demanding for specialty, gluten free and fortified trends are fueling growth of function flour market. Customers suffering from celiac disease, gluten intolerance, and wheat allergies, and other disease, are preferring specialty flour consumption, this is in turn driving market growth of functional flours.As functional flours possess wide applications into bakery products, the rapid growth of bakery industry is another major factor driving market growth globally. Food products made using functional flour is low fat, contains more protein and fiber, and better nutritional advantages than that of commonly used wheat flour. Understanding the health benefits offered by different functional flours, various governments are promoting the functional flours, and assisting the manufacturers and suppliers.
Stringent government regulations and labeling rules, namely for gluten-free, and health claims are the major restraints for functional flour market. The high cost of raw material, such as products derived from specialty source crops not native to the region, acts as a hindrance to the market.
Functional Flour Market Key Players:
The functional flour market key players include Cargill, General Mills, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Associated British Foods, The Hain Celestial Group Inc., Sunopta Inc., Maticnjak, Shipton Mill, Bos’s Red mill, Limagrain, Gisto’s Vita Grain. Consumer demand and availability of variety of crops for functional flour are encouraging manufacturers to focus on marketing the novel taste and property of such flours.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Functional Flour Market Segments
- Functional Flour Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2014 - 2015
- Functional Flour Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Functional Flour Market Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Functional Flour Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Functional Flour Players Competition & Companies involved
- Functional Flour Market Technology
- Functional Flour Market Value Chain
- Functional Flour Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Xylitol Market includes
- North America
- U.S. & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Functional Flour Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Functional Flour Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Functional Flour Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Functional Flour Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Functional Flour Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)