This Functional Water market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Functional Water market.
Functional water is a non-alcoholic beverage, which is altered by adding additional ingredients, to offer health and other functional benefits. Most commonly used ingredients which are added to water, for transforming it to functional water includes vitamins, minerals, acids, herbs, and raw fruit or vegetables. Functional water contains additives which offer extra nutritional values, and also known as aquaceutical.
Functional water market is expanding rapidly owning to change in beverage consumption habits, preference has shifted from high sugar, carbonated beverages to functional and flavored water. Functional water market is expected to grow in the forecast period due to increasing demand from health conscious consumers.
Functional Water Market Segmentation:
?Functional water on the basis of distribution can be segmented into Hyper/Supermarket, grocery and departmental stores, convenience and drug stores and others (includes foodservice, vending and delivery). Grocery and departmental stores accounts for the highest share in sales of functional water, followed by other distribution channels. Functional water are also available in different specialty stores, which offer healthy food and beverage, but there are no exclusive stores for functional water.
Functional water market can be further segmented on the basis of packaging which includes, functional PET bottled water, functional glass bottled water, and others (including flexible pouches and cans). Functional water mostly comes in PET bottles, which are highly recyclable and preferred by manufacturers. Functional glass bottle water is offered at higher price and account for significant share in total market value. With the advancement of packaging technology, and increasing usage of recyclable packaging, PET bottles are preferably used by manufacturers, to supply Functional Water products to end-users.
Regional Outlook of Functional Water Market:
Geographically Functional water market can be segmented by regions such as North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific (excluding Japan), Middle East and Africa and Japan. Among all these regions, Western Europe market is expected to dominate the functional water market, in term of revenue, and also expected to expand at highest CAGR followed by North America. Asia-Pacific and Latin America functional water market is at nascent stage, but the region has potential to grow at higher pace as compared to other developed regions due to changing eating habits, and growing urban population and increasing disposable income of the huge middle class population.
Functional Water Market Drivers:
The size of functional water market is increasing with respect to the growth of non-alcoholic beverage market and due to maturity of soft drinks market. Consumer’s increasing preference for healthy variant, and preference for high nutritional drinks is expected to drive the functional water market. Functional water has the potential to become one of the major non-alcoholic beverage due to its high vitamin, mineral and extra-oxygen properties. Functional water offer healthy hydration while offering refreshment and health benefits to consumer. Health conscious consumers are expected to result in demand pull effect for the functional water products. Functional water market is not just driven due to increasing health concerns, but major brands are also looking forward to offer functional water with additional skin benefits, which is expected to support the growth of functional water market.
Major manufacturers of functional water are expected to offer various products, which are natural, contains vitamin C, botanicals and antioxidants, which and target exclusive market for such products.
Functional Water Market Key Players:
Functional Water market is moderately concentrated with number of major players holding high share and domestic players offering functional water in the local market. Leading players in functional water market are Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc., Nestle S.A., PepsiCo, The Coca-Cola Company, Groupe Danone, Hint Water, New York Spring Water, Balance Water Company and Sunny Delight Beverages Company.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Functional Water Market Segments
- Functional Water Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Functional Water Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Functional Water Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Functional Water Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Functional Water Market includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (A&NZ)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- The Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Functional Water Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Functional Water Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Functional Water Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Functional Water Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Functional Water Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Functional Water Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)