This Global Pu Coatings market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Global Pu Coatings market.
Polyurethanes are manufactured from reaction of polyols (polyester, polyether polyols) with polyisocynates such as MDI and TDI. In case of PU coatings, polyols are first converted to stock coatings and are then mixed with polyisocynates cross linker before processing thus offering two component system. The properties of the coatings can be adjusted according to polyol used in manufacturing and crosslinker selected. Polyurethane coatings offer various characteristics such as high performance coatings with low temperature curing, excellent abrasion and corrosion resistance, high flexibility, higher durability, pleasing optical properties and good weathering features. Polyurethane coatings are one of the emerging sectors in global paints and coatings industry. In spite of these features, the cost associated with PU coatings is higher as compared to other coatings available in the market. On the basis of formulations, the market for PU coatings is divided as PU water borne coatings, PU solvent borne coatings, PU powder coatings and PU high solids coatings among others. PU solvent borne coatings had the largest market share in PU coatings market however, there is likely to be more demand for PU waterborne coatings in near future owing to lower VOC content.
The main driver for the global PU coatings market is huge automotive industry. PU coatings are majorly consumed in automotive and transportation industry especially, ships and automobile. PU coatings offer various characteristics to the surfaces such as anti-corrosion and anti-abrasion along with durability and higher performance. In addition, PU coatings make the texture glossier, easy-to-clean and soft-touch. Other major outlets for the PU coatings market are wood furniture, construction, electronics, textile and industrial applications among others. Wood furniture and construction industry are likely to be the emerging markets for PU coatings over the forecast period. Technological advancements and capacity expansions are likely to offer major opportunities for the PU coatings market in upcoming years. Although, stringent environmental regulations and fluctuating prices associated with the use of raw materials can act as a major restraint for the PU coatings market in next few years to come.
In terms of demand, Asia Pacific was the leading region for the PU coatings market and accounted for more than half the global demand for PU coatings. The demand in this region was mainly driven by automotive and transportation industry. Increasing standard of living and rise in per capita incomes of the consumers is likely to be major factor for driving automotive industry indirectly helping the PU coatings market to grow in this region. China was the major consumer for PU coatings in this region owing to huge demand from manufacturing sector. Other major countries such as India and Japan are likely to exhibit higher demand for PU coatings in few years. Asia Pacific was followed by Europe. Increasing demand from automotive and wood furniture industry were the major drivers for PU coatings in this region. Germany and the UK had the largest demand for PU coatings in this region. Automotive refinishes have been the major application for PU coatings in these regions. Europe was closely followed by North America which has huge demand for PU coatings, especially PU powder coatings from various end-user industries such as wood furniture and construction industry. The U.S. dominated the PU coatings market in this region. The Rest of the World is anticipated to show potential growth for the PU coatings market in upcoming years. The market share for PU coatings is least in The Rest of the World region due to lack of penetration in major manufacturing industries.
The market for PU coatings is concentrated and is dominated by global manufacturers in various regions. Some of the major manufacturers in the PU coatings market are Akzo Nobel N.V., Axalta Coatings Systems, BASFSE, PPG Industries and Sherwin-Williams among others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Global Pu Coatings Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Pu Coatings Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Global Pu Coatings Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Global Pu Coatings Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Global Pu Coatings Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Global Pu Coatings Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.