This Indian Cheese market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Indian Cheese market.
Cheese is originally from southern Italy and is used for several pizzas and pasta dishes. Consumption of cheese has several health benefits associated with it. It is a good source of Vitamins, minerals, proteins. Apart from several benefits there are various health problems associated with its consumption such as heart attacks. Some of the major drivers of the cheese market are changing food habits, increasing fast food chains and over consumption of pastas, pizzas and easy availability of raw materials such as milk. Some other growth factors are increasing demand for protein rich supplements. Increasing health awareness and changing preferences of the customers for the low fat content cheese are some of the restraints in the cheese market. Some other restraints are perishable nature of the cheese products and stringent government rules.
Indian Cheese market is expected to show double digit growth. Processed cheese market in India is expected to grow with above average CAGR that includes products such as slices, cubes and slabs. Processed cheese segment is well organised and have several Indian and International players.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Major trend in the Indian cheese market is the entry of various Indian and international brands. As a result of increasing exposure to the several variety of cheese most customers use processed cheese which is used in Pizza and burgers. Consumption of cheese in India is growing with double digit and maximum consumption of branded cheese is contributed by metropolitan cities. Companies such as Dabon added paneer to their product offerings and others added tin, cubes, slabs to their portfolio. Due to the increasing shift of the consumers towards premium variants, rise in milk price and inflation there is increase in the unit prices of the cheese. Gowardhan which is the brand of Parag Milk Foods launched new flavours. It extended its product portfolio by launching product variants such as cheese spreads, cheese powder, cream cheese, cheese sauce and wedges. Parag Milk Foods also launched international flavours such as jalapeno and paprika .Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation sells milk products under the brand name Amul decided to open 1000 more outlets across India and also has decided to set up nine manufacturing units in order to enhance the capacity of prevailing plants. Another trend in the Indian cheese market is shift of customers towards natural cheese. Innovative marketing activities, technological up gradation and research and development in cheese production have opened up new opportunities for growth in the Indian cheese industry
Some of the major players in the Indian cheese market are Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation, Britannia industries, Amul, Britannia Dabur are the leading players. Other players are Verka, Nandini, Vijaya and Vadila
Indian cheese market is expected show double digit growth. India is one of the largest market for pizzas that sources mozzarella cheese locally. Due to the increasing cheese consumption in India, several global firms such as Kraft Cheese and Fromageries Bel and Arla Cheese have started capturing the Indian market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry validated market data and projections with suitable set of assumptions and methodology. Research report provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Indian Cheese Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Report covers exhaustive analysis on
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Indian Cheese Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Indian Cheese Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Indian Cheese Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Indian Cheese Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)