This Malted Milk market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Malted Milk market.
Market Outlook for Malted Milk Market:
Malted milk is a formulation of malted grain flour, whole milk powder and other ingredients which are used as a flavoring and fortification ingredients in food and beverages. It is obtained from powdered malt, grain flour such as wheat and whole milk which is evaporated or vacuum dried to obtain a dry powder. Sometimes malted milk is also blended with cocoa powder to complement its flavor. Malted milk is known to impart a creamy mouthfeel and sweetness to the products and hence in food and snack products, it is used as a coating agent. Malted milk originates in North America and Western Europe, but demand for malted milk has grown considerably in Asian countries as well. In these countries, health positioning is the major driving force for the growth of the malted milk market. Malted milk is a product that has been around in developing nation for a long time, but recently rising disposable income and growing health awareness amongst the upper-class consumers have made room for growth for the malted milk market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Malted milk market is capitalizing on the global snacking trend
Due to changes in the meal consumption and snacking patterns amongst consumers across the globe, manufacturers are capitalizing on expanding snack portfolios to cater to this demand. Key players in the confection industry are developing bite-sized snacks where malted milk powder is invariantly being incorporated. Meanwhile, prominent players are focusing on expanding their reach in the South East Asian market in terms of production capacities to compete with the key giants. Other manufacturers are also coming up with innovative product lines such as malted milk powder cookies and other bakery products. As bakery products with high nutritional value are in more demand than ever before, malted milk based bakery products are increasingly appearing on the retail shelves. Manufacturers are focusing on consumer sentiment strategy by offering personalized packaging for malted milk foods that enable the consumers to connect with their past when malted milk was a new and trending product. This strategy is mainly directed at the baby boomers demo graph, whereas for millennial, the players are focusing on health-positioning of malted milk. However, the malted milk-based drinks which are mostly consumed as nutritional drinks are likely to face a decline over the forecast period. This is due to the fact that consumers nowadays aware of the scientific consensus that supports the health claims of the malted milk, as opposed to the historical scenario where mere marketing did the trick. For the past few years, the false health claims have proven to be particularly fatal for some of the top brands amongst the malted milk-based drinks.
Global Malted Milk market: Key Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants in the global malted milk market identified across the value chain are Imperial Malts Ltd., Briess Malt & Ingredients, Muntons plc, SSP Pvt Limited, Insta Foods, Family Cereal Sdn. Bhd., Food & Biotech Engineers India Private Limited., Nestlé S.A. and King Arthur Flour Company, Inc.
Malted Milk Market: Key Developments
In 2017, the company Nestlé S.A., which is a manufacturer of confection products, expanded its malted milk product portfolio by introducing a ready-to-drink malted milk beverage in India, through its Indian subsidiary, under its brand Milo. The product is available in cocoa flavor and specially targeted for growing infants.
In the same year, the company also introduced a malted milk powder in a sachet packaging format in Myanmar, under the Bear Brand. The product is aimed at the adults in this country to fight iodine deficiency. Through this move, the company is also focusing on strengthening its footprint in Myanmar.
Opportunities for Malted Milk Market Participants:
There are very few organic offerings in the malted milk market, despite its demand. Also, growing health consciousness for the gluten-free diet has opened new doors of opportunity for the malted milk market wherein malted milk made from whole grains can be developed. Also, the rate of inclusion of ancient grains such as teff, quinoa, sorghum, and millet, is also very low in the malted milk food, but the market for these grains is growing at an exorbitant rate, reflecting the demand for consumers and signaling the call to include them in malted milk food.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in the Malted Milk Market
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from malted milk industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments of the malted milk. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Malted Milk Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Malted Milk Market: Segmentation:
The malted milk market is segmented on the basis of source, end use, distribution channel and packaging.
On the basis of source, the malted milk is segmented into
On the basis of end user, the malted milk market is segmented into
- Food Industry
- Milkshakes & smoothies
- Dietary supplements
On the basis of distribution channel, the malted milk market is segmented into
- Discount Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retailers
On the basis of packaging, the malted milk market is segmented into
- Carton packs
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the malted milk industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the malted milk market
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and malted milk products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for malted milk market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Malted Milk Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Malted Milk Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Malted Milk Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Malted Milk Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)