This Nata De Coco market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Nata De Coco market.
Nata comes from Spanish language and it is translated into Latin word ‘natare’, meaning floating. Nata de coco is a coconut gel product produced from coconut juice by the process of bacterial fermentation. It is a translucent, chewy and jelly food stuff consumed commonly as a candy or mixed with beverages. It is also found mixed in many food items such as drinks, puddings, ice cream, pickles and fruit salads and cocktails. Nata de coco color ranges from creamy white to yellow and is prepared by a microorganism named Acetobacter aceti subspecies Xylinium, on sugar surface, which is enriched with coconut water.
Nata de coco is beneficial as it is rich in fiber, low in calorie, contains no cholesterol and is good for digestive system. In order to reduce sugar level from nata de coco, it is soaked in water first before it is to be consumed. Nata de coco can also be made from sugar syrup, aloe vera, coconut milk and fruit. It has a distinctive texture and flavor, which can be enjoyed separately with a syrup mixture or water. It is generally available as cubes. Nata de coco consists of 67.7 % of water, 12 mg of calcium, 0.2 % of fat, 2 mg of phosphorus, 5 mg of iron and minute amounts of protein, riboflavin and vitamin B1.
Global Nata de coco: Market Segmentation
The global Nata de coco market is segmented on the basis of end products and distribution channel. End products made from nata de coco are dessert, beverages & syrups, confectionery, ice cream and jams & jellies. It is used mainly in beverages & syrups as it enhances the flavor of the product with its unique taste and it can be mixed with any syrup. Distribution channel is segmented into hypermarket/supermarket, retail outlets, online shops and convenient stores. It is majorly available in hypermarket/supermarket under different brand names and due to the convenient and proper storage offered by them.
Global Nata de coco Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the Nata de coco industry can be divided by major regions which include North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Nata de coco has highest consumption in Asia Pacific followed by Europe and Africa. It originated in Philippines and is now considered as one of the favorite ingredients while preparing desserts in Asia. It is used as toppings in desserts and ice creams. Its uses varies, as in Southeast Asia it is used in iced teas and in Japan it is used in making fruit jellies. Indonesia, Philippines and India are the leading countries producing coconut and its products. Nata de coco is famous and is widely used as nata mixtures in various range of cold drinks majorly in countries of tropical regions.
Global Nata de coco Market: Growth Drivers
The main driver of Nata de coco market is that it helps in good digestion especially for those suffering from constipation problems. Nata de coco’s regular consumption helps protect from bowel cancer, coronary thrombosis and atherosclerosis. As nata de coco is cholesterol free, it is good for people who wants to lose weight as it is consumed by them who are on low calorie diet. Nata de coco can be coupled with different essence and flavor extracts, such as banana, almond, strawberry, vanilla, orange and others. Due to its low nutrient content it can be consumed by anyone and is considered safe, thus driving demand for nata de coco in the market. One of the major drivers identified is that nata de coco is rich in dietary fiber, especially cellulose. A diet without fiber content have symptoms of colon cancer, constipation, hemorrhoids, diabetes, obesity, coronary heart disease and others. It is also used as a snacks by many people who are fasting, thus driving demand for the product in the market.
Global Nata de coco Market: Players
Some of the key players identified for the global Nata de coco market includes F&N Magnolia, Nata De Coco Manufacturing Sdn Bhd (NDC), The Prachuab Fruit Canning Co., Ltd. (Praft), Happy Alliance Sdn Bhd., Captain Dolphin Marketing (M) Sdn. Bhd., Jeram Coconut Sdn. Bhd., Choke Mahachai Beverage Co., Ltd., Mogu Mogu Manila and others. The companies are expected to expand their business by enhancing their product portfolio in global Nata de coco market. The companies are projected to frame certain strategies in future in order to gain the competitive advantage in global Nata de coco market till 2026.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, and others)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Benelux, Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Nata De Coco Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Nata De Coco Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Nata De Coco Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Nata De Coco Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Nata De Coco Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Nata De Coco Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)