Nucleic Acid Isolation and Purification Market - Key Research Findings
- The global nucleic acid isolation and purification market size in 2018 was ~US$ 800 Mn.
- The nucleic acid isolation and purification market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~5.0% during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- Collectively, regions of North America and East Asia and are likely to account for half of the revenue shares of the nucleic acid isolation and purification market by the end of 2029.
- North America, attributing to the strong presence of nucleic acid isolation and purification kits, is estimated to continue to be an eminent regional market for the manufacturers of nucleic acid isolation and purification.
- DNA isolation and purification is expected to remain a prominent application area to provide investment to nucleic acid isolation and purification market players.
- The RNA isolation and purification segment in the nucleic acid isolation and purification market has witnessed significant growth over the recent past, and has been particularly noteworthy.
Key Factors Shaping the Nucleic Acid Isolation and Purification Market
Increasing Prevalence of Cancer is expected to boost the Market
Increasing research and the detection of tumor-specific changes are among the factors expected to create a conducive atmosphere for the growth of the market in the near future. Nucleic acid isolation and purifications kits are used for isolating nucleic acids from cancer-related samples including tissue and blood. Therefore, the increasing prevalence of cancer is expected to drive the growth of the nucleic acid purification and isolation market.
DNA derived from cancerous tissue often contains abnormal genetic and/or epigenetic modifications. The use of the right nucleic acid isolation and purification kits is expected to offer superior and high quality of yields with minimum loss of DNA during the extraction procedures. This is expected to increase the nucleic acid isolation and purification market.
Enhanced Sales Network and Distribution Channels
Due to the complex nature of research products and reagents, the sales force of vendors is technically skilled to be able to explain the characteristics and function of the products in their catalog to prospective users. The requirement of a technical background becomes even more essential when understanding custom requirements from researchers, to ensure that the vendor is able to meet the product specifications and manufacture them accordingly.
For custom products and services, the distribution network needs to be robust enough to meet delivery timelines. The leading players, such as Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and Merck KGaA, have their offices, manufacturing sites, and distribution facilities in almost all parts of the world for nucleic acid isolation and purification kits. The emergence of e-commerce also aids in the increasing availability of nucleic acid isolation and purifications from the prominent players.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Increasing Frequency of Acquisitions and Mergers
The top players are focusing on increasing acquisitions at regional levels in the nucleic acid isolation and purification market. The trend is observed across North America, Europe, and Asian countries such as China and Japan. The rapidly growing biopharmaceutical industry in China makes the country one of the key life science hubs in Asia.
The push for research and for rapid custom-manufacturing capabilities mean a greater need for approachability to nucleic acid isolation and purification kits and solutions, which further help in the advancement of research and innovation.
Technological Advancements Leading to Demand for Higher Quality Kits
Improvements in nucleic acid isolation and purification preparations processes have led to a greater demand for high-quality reagents, kits, and associated products.
Several companies with product offerings have developed in-house capabilities to generate high-quality products with short turn-around times to meet varying research requirements.
Technological advancements in sample preparation method for DNA & RNA, global agreements between leading research institutes to boost research activities in the molecular biology field, growing demand for modern extraction techniques, and technological advancements in analytical instruments are some of the major drivers of the global nucleic acid isolation and purification market.
Nucleic Acid Isolation and Purification Market Structure Analysis
- The global nucleic acid isolation and purification market represents a fairly fragmented competition landscape, where majority of the key players maintain their strategic focus on acquisitions and mergers, targeting a concrete global footprint.
- The nucleic acid isolation and purification market has been relatively steady in size, which remains a key factor for its dynamic competitive nature.
- The leading manufacturers of nucleic acid isolation and purification are presently prioritizing R&D and new product launches to resonate with the booming adoption of nucleic acid isolation and purification kits in North America, Europe, and China.
- Portfolio extension and regional expansion is also identified to remain one of the crucial developmental strategies followed by manufacturers of the nucleic acid isolation and purification market
- For a stronger foothold in target markets, nucleic acid isolation and purification manufacturers will continue to rely on inorganic strategies such as acquisitions and mergers.
- Deeper understanding of the market trends and preferential shifts of end-use segments across various regions are expected to create a hindrance for market players that are looking forward to untapped opportunities in the nucleic acid isolation and purification market.
Nucleic Acid Isolation and Purification - A Key to Successful Molecular Diagnostics
With rapid development in molecular biology technology, molecular diagnostic and detection techniques represented by nucleic acid sequence analysis and nucleic acid hybridization are becoming increasingly significant in various fields. Subsequently, efficient separation and extraction of genomic nucleic acid from diverse biological samples gained importance for these techniques, as the quality and integrity of isolated nucleic acid directly affects the experimental results.
In recent years, a number of products such as DNA isolation and RNA isolation kits have been designed and developed to resolve several issues faced when working with the genetic material. These kits not only improve the analysis or manipulation process but also provide numerous opportunity in increasing reproducibility and quality of results.
Moreover, researchers turning their attention to clinical gene testing and analysis are taking nucleic acid isolation and purification route to mass markets.
Adoption Remains High in Scientific Investigations and Healthcare Domains
Ongoing developments in genetics along with newer trends such as personalized medicine and diagnostics, especially for cancer and genetic disorders, have been key growth influencer of the market. As the new field of scientific investigation emerged, finding suitable nucleic acid isolation and purification products to satisfy the downstream application requirements remained vital for successful completion of experiments.
Further, the utilization of nucleic acid has gone from just protein synthesis and storage of genetic material to a multitude of healthcare domains including gene therapy and precision medicine. Manufacturers of nucleic acid isolation and purification kits are thus likely to experience a steady growth in the coming years.
Tracking Evolving Market Trends across Geographies
Advances in genomics research lined with increasing research programs for cancer and other complex diseases have led to greater demand for high-quality nucleic acid isolation and purification kits that provide maximum yield, purity, and integrity from virtually any sample type.
Developed countries in North America and Europe continue to offer greater opportunities for manufacturers, owing to strong presence of skilled labors along with greater access to new technologies for the R&D on high-quality products. Considering stable economic growth, rising number of biotechnology companies, and hefty investments by government on life science projects in East Asia, market consolidation in the region will remain a key to gaining distinct competitive advantage.
The Broader Perspective
While the use of nucleic acid isolation and purification kits remained confined in academic research, demand from contract research organizations and biotechnology companies is gathering pace in the recent years. With growing need for separation and purification of nucleic moieties in studying diseases associated with various pathogens at genetic level, manufacturers are targeted towards automating sample purification, while reducing hands-on time and maintaining the top performance for downstream analysis.
However, relatively high cost of custom research products along with lack of skilled professionals in field of scientific research and developments are likely to represent as a threat to the growth of nucleic acid isolation and purification market.
How Growth Will Unfold
As quality of nucleic acid can affect the performance in downstream application such as polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and high-throughput sequencing, manufacturers of nucleic acid isolation and purification kits continue to place their focus on R&D to create more advance automated nucleic acid extraction systems and to offer best-in-class products.
Recognizing the varying research requirements, market stakeholders are leveraging new technologies to enhance their in-house capabilities. In an effort to establish long-term buyer engagement, several manufacturers are emphasizing on custom-manufacturing capabilities and strengthening sales and distribution networks. Apart from expanding their product portfolio, key market players have been on an acquisition spree for enhanced geographical footprint, especially in developing countries.
- DNA Extraction and Purification Kits
- Column Based Kits
- Magnetic Beads
- Reagent Based Kits
- RNA Extraction and Purification Kits
- Column Based Kits
- Magnetic Beads
- Reagent Based Kits
- Plasmid Isolation and Purification
- DNA Isolation and Purification
- RNA Isolation and Purification
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Research Organizations
- Academic Research Institutes
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East and Africa