Global Orthopedic Oncology Market: Key Players
This Orthopaedic Oncology market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Orthopaedic Oncology market.
Orthopedic oncology accounts for a small proportion in orthopedics. Orthopedic oncology is a condition that arises due to the formation of benign and malignant tumors in bones and connective soft tissues. It also includes the diagnosis and treatment of patients with metastatic carcinomato the skeleton. Bone and soft tissue tumors are quite rare and sometimes require reconstructive surgery. Soft tissue sarcomas are more common than bone sarcomas. For 2016, the American Cancer Society estimates about 3,300 new cases for cancer of the bones and joints and 12,310 new cases for soft tissue sarcomas. There are three main types of bone cancers, osteosarcoma, which arises most often in the growing ends of long bones, chondrosarcoma, which develops in the metaphysis and Ewing’s sarcoma. Malignant bone tumors also referred to as chondrosarcoma are more prevalent in adults than other form of cancers and remains a challenging tumor to diagnose and treat. Treatment with chemotherapy and radiotherapy do not remain the preferred choice of treatment in treating such type of tumor as clinical studies demonstrate no substantial improvements in the survival rate of the patients. Therefore, adequate surgical resection is the mainstay of treatment in case of chondrosarcoma. As estimated by the American Cancer Society, chondrosarcomas is more prevalent with 40% of cases developing in adults whereas less than 5% of cases occur in patients younger than 20.
Radiofrequency ablation has become the standard and most preferred choice of treatment in case of osteoid osteoma, a benign bone tumor that arises from osteoblasts. However studies demonstrates its expanded application in palliative treatment of patients with painful bone metastasis .The ability to perform less invasive procedures often allows more efficient, less painful, and more cost-effective patient care. In addition, minimally invasive techniques such as kyphoplasty, vertebroplasty, and acetabuloplasty may provide an alternative to major reconstructive surgery for patients with metastatic disease.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Factors driving the global orthopedic oncology market includes rapidly ageing population with increasing risk of developing cancer. Patients who had prior high-dose external radiation therapy or treatment with anti-cancer drugs are at higher risk of developing osteosarcoma. However, a small number of bone cancers also develop due to heredity defects of bones and people with metal implants, which doctors sometimes use to repair fractures, are more likely to develop osteosarcoma. In case of soft tissue sarcoma adults with heredity disorders such as retinoblastoma, tuberous sclerosis, werner syndrome etc are at higher side of developing this type of cancer.
High cost associated with the treatment for musculoskeletal oncology diseases and lack of awareness regarding the effective treatment therapies are some of the factors which restraint the market growth in the near future
Global Orthopedic Oncology Market: Segmentation
Global Orthopedic Oncology Market: Overview
Rising prevalence of musculoskeletal disorders are expected to drive the demand for effective treatment therapies for treatment of various cancers associated with bones and soft tissues. The orthopedic oncology market is expected to grow at a healthy pace attributed to rising prevalence of cancer over the forecasted period.
Global Orthopedic Oncology Market: Region-wise Outlook
Some of the key market players in the orthopedic oncology market are Stryker Corporation, Accentus Inc., Roche Diagnostics, Amgen Inc., Novartis AG, Biogen Idec, GlaxoSmithKline, Sanofi S.A., and Pfizer Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Orthopaedic Oncology Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Orthopedic Oncology marketis segmented by treatment, by end user and geography:
- By Treatment
- Limb Salvage Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Radiation Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
On the basis of region presence, thrombophilia treatment market is segmented into seven key regions: North America, Latin America, and Eastern Europe, Western Europe, and Asia pacific excluding japan, Japan, Middle East and Africa. Global market for Orthopediac oncology is expected to be on a higher side in North America and Europe owing to increasing prevalence of cancer and musculoskeletal related disorders. Asia pacific represents immense growth opportunity for orthopedic oncology market attributed to rapidly aging population and rising cancer incidence. In addition macroeconomic factors such as FDA approvals are also expected to increase the adoption rate of devices in the developed countries.
Global Orthopedic Oncology Market: Key Players
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Orthopaedic Oncology Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Orthopaedic Oncology Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Orthopaedic Oncology Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Orthopaedic Oncology Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)