This Passion Flower Extract market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Passion Flower Extract market.
Outlook for Passion Flower Extract Market
Passion flower extract is derived from flowers of the Passiflora incarnata belonging to Passifloraceae family, native to the southeastern part of the U.S. It is also cultivated in other parts of the world including North America, Southeast Asia, Southern Europe and Australia. Passion flower extract is used as a traditional herbal medicinal for the temporary relief of mental stress, mild anxiety by Native Americans. In other parts of the world, passion flower extract is used as a remedy for constipation, indigestion, mild infection, insomnia, nervousness, epilepsy, and painful menstruation. Passion flower extract is currently in official pharmacopeias of Germany, France, Egypt, and Switzerland.
Passion Flower Extract Market: Dynamics
The growth of the market for passion flower extract is mainly driven by its use in remedial medicine, followed by the food and beverage and dietary supplement industry. Passion flower extract is widely consumed as a tea to improve the quality of the sleep, since it boosts the level of gamma-aminobutyric acid which lowers brain activity and helps sound sleep. In Germany, passion flower extract is used in homeopathic medicine for treating pain, neurasthenia, and insomnia.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Passion flower extract is used in the food industry as a natural flavoring substance and food additive with the minimum quantity possible.
Most of medicinal and sedative effects of the passion flower extract are believed to be related to the active ingredients such as benzoflavone, harmol, harmane, hamraline, luteolin, etc. Passion flower extract’s active ingredients such as chrysin and pyrone derivative maltol are responsible for the related CNS effects.
Passion flower extract is generally regarded safe when consumed as a tea or as a flavor in food, but some side effects are observed if used by pregnant or lactating women, patients of kidney or liver dysfunction when taken orally. Passion flower extract may cause drowsiness, vomiting, nausea, dizziness and confusion if taken in large dose orally. It is advised to not consume passion flower extract during surgery as it might cause complications by affecting the central nervous system.
Global Passion Flower Extract Market: Key players
Naturalin Bio-Resources Co. Ltd., Alchem International Pvt. Ltd., Herb Pharm, Indena S.p.A., Avena Botanicals, Martin Bauer Holding GmbH & Co. KG are some of the key manufacturers of passion flower extract.
Global Passion Flower Extract Market: Key developments
Earlier passion flower extract was approved for over-the-counter sedative until 1978 in the U.S., but has been revoked by the U.S. FDA, while in Europe it is still used as over-the-counter sedative. Passion flower extract is seen as a potential raw material for development of new therapeutic drugs with incorporation with other component. Research and development activities for the product development and clinical trials for studying the mechanism of the medicinal properties of the passion flower extract might help the market growth. Non-GMO and organically produced passion flower extract are gaining traction from health conscious consumers.
Global Passion Flower Extract Market: Opportunity
The growth of the global passion flower extract market is fueled by the increasing cosmetic industry at tremendous pace in Europe and Asia. Also, opportunity for passion flower extract is amplified since new cosmetic products are being developed and launched continuously. The lack of study and experimental proof of the mentioned benefits of the passion flower extract, the growth of the market is expected to be stagnant in the US. In European countries and Asia, the passion flower extract market is growing significantly as it is regarded as safe due to lenient rules and regulations.
Brief Approach to Research
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the passion flower extract market, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, application, product type, and end use of the passion flower extract market.
Key Data Points Covered in the Passion flower extract Report:
- An overview of the global passion flower extract market, including background and advancement.
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the passion flower extract market and it’s potential.
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends.
- Detailed value chain analysis of the passion flower extract market.
- The cost structure of and segments covered in the study.
- In-depth pricing analysis, by crucial passion flower extract segments, regions, and by major market participants.
- Analysis of supply and demand the passion flower extract, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario.
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants of passion flower extract market.
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in the passion flower extract market.
Regional analysis of the passion flower extract market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the passion flower extract market. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors of the passion flower extract market, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies of passion flower extract.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Passion Flower Extract Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Passion Flower Extract Market: Segmentation
Passion flower extract market segmentation on the basis of nature:
Passion flower extract market segmentation on the basis of form:
Passion flower extract market segmentation on the basis of end use:
- Food and beverages
- Dietary supplements
- Cosmetic and personal care
Passion flower extract starch market segmentation on the basis of distribution channel:
- Online retailer
- Specialty stores
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Passion Flower Extract Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Passion Flower Extract Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Passion Flower Extract Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Passion Flower Extract Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)