This Passive Infrared Sensor market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Passive Infrared Sensor market.
Global Passive Infrared Sensor Market: Overview
Passive infrared sensor is an electronic device that can produce light and detect motion of an infrared emitting source such as human being. Passive infrared sensor finds its application in security devices, cameras and thermal camera, spectrometers, home appliances, gas and fire detection systems, pyrometers, and temperature sensors etc. Some of the major advantages of passive infrared sensor are minimum power consumption and accurate movement detection, which in turn make passive infrared sensor an ideal electronic device for safety and security.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global passive infrared sensor market is segmented into device, range, type, and region. The global passive infrared sensor market can be segmented on the basis of device which includes smoke detector, motion controller, heat detector and other device. On the basis of range the market can be segmented into short wave passive infrared sensor, mid wave passive infrared sensor and long wave passive infrared sensor. Application type includes consumer electronics, defense and aerospace, healthcare and industrial, and automotive. Consumer electronics segment can be further sub-segmented into smartphones and smart mobile devices, cameras and other electronics. Region wise, global passive infrared sensor market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Japan, Asia pacific (APEJ), and Middle East and Africa (MEA).
Global Passive Infrared Sensor Market: Region-wise Outlook
The global passive infrared sensor market is projected to witness a considerable growth in CAGR from 2015 to 2025. Currently, North America and Western Europe are the matured market for passive infrared providers. However, Asia-Pacific, and MEA are expected to become lucrative regional market for key players operating in the passive infrared sensor market. FMI forecasts, the market in Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at fastest CAGR over the forecast period.
Global Passive Infrared Sensor Market: Drivers
Widening application area of passive infrared sensor is accelerating the growth of passive infrared sensor market. Expanding demand for motion enabled smartphones, industrial machineries, medical equipment, and military & aerospace devices, rising uptake of wireless communication, growing trends of industrial as well as home automation. Additionally, low power consumption and increasing demand for motion sensors in gaming is likely to fuel the growth of the global passive infrared sensor market during the forecast period.
Global Passive Infrared Sensor Market: Restraints
Some of the restraints which are hindering the growth of global passive infrared sensor market to some extent are availability of alternative sensors at lower price and inability of passive infrared sensor to detect objects moving at very slow speed.
Global Passive Infrared Sensor Market: Competitive Landscape
Key players in the global passive infrared sensor market focus on product innovation and introduction of new enhance products in order to outperform competitors. Major companies in the global passive infrared sensor market concentrate on expanding footprints across the world so as to enhance their customer base as well as profit margin. Furthermore, high investment on research and development activities is another major strategy followed by major players in the global passive infrared sensor market. For example, General Dynamics Corporation invested 1.2% of its total revenue during fiscal year 2014 i.e. US$ 358 Mn in research & development (R&D) activities in order to enhance the efficiency of its business operations and foster innovation in product development.
Global Passive Infrared Sensor Market: Key Players
Some of the major players identified in the global passive infrared sensor market are Axis Communications AB, General Dynamics Corporation, Bosch security systems ltd., Current Corporation, Atmel Corporation, Elmos Semiconductor AG, Cypress Semiconductor, Epson Toyocom Corporation, Honeywell International Inc. and STMicroelectronics N.V. etc.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Passive Infrared Sensor Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Passive Infrared Sensor Market Segments
- Passive Infrared Sensor Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Passive Infrared Sensor Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Passive Infrared Sensor Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Passive Infrared Sensor Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Passive Infrared Sensor Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Passive Infrared Sensor Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Passive Infrared Sensor Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Passive Infrared Sensor Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Passive Infrared Sensor Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.