This Phototherapy Equipment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Phototherapy Equipment market.
Increasing utility for treating skin disorders such as psoriasis, acne, neonatal jaundice, and eczema, the market of phototherapy equipment is anticipated to display numerous opportunities of growth for market players during the forecast period.
Cost Reduction of Products in the Phototherapy Equipment Market to Propel Growth
The rapid rise of neonatal jaundice and other skin diseases owing to unhealthy global environment conditions, technological improvements, and increased preference for the use of LED based phototherapy treatment equipment are factors that are anticipated to drive the market in the near future. The products for the treatment of neonatal jaundice is expected to see relatively higher growth owing to the fact that about 50% of term and 80% of preterm babies develop jaundice within 2-4 days of birth, which sets up a high demand for efficient treatment.
Rising awareness among patients regarding advanced treatment options and improved healthcare service and infrastructure is anticipated to contribute to market growth. The introduction of phototherapy equipment for home use is also expected to boost demand among skin ailment patients.
On the other hand, stringent regulations related to the approval of devices by the governments such as the 21CFR Part 807 of the FDA, or the Central Drug Standards Control Organization (CDSCO) of India along with intense competition with alternative treatment options for skin ailments are anticipated to act as constraining factors for the phototherapy equipment market.
Phototherapy Equipment Market Players Emphasize on System Improvements to Attract Business
Major market players such as GE Healthcare, Daavlin, and Aeroflow Healthcare are putting efforts towards research and development activities to improve on safety and treatment efficiency.
- Aeroflow Healthcare has developed phototherapy blankets for hospital and home use to treat neonatal jaundice in infants. The product is a portable phototherapy device that consists a fiber optic band that emits white or blue light to eliminate bilirubin from the body to normal levels. It has a high success rate although the treatment process is relatively slower, while maintaining optimal comfort levels for the baby.
- The 7 Series phototherapy product range from Daavlin provides healthcare providers with options to adjust height, lamps for either UVA and UVB rays, or a combination of both to provide added treatment functionality. The system also gives an integrated dosimetry meter to enable accurate output of light consistently thereby lowering energy consumption and improving on product longevity.
- Products by GE Healthcare such as the Lullaby LED Phototherapy System is also bringing innovation to the table by bringing in the latest in LED technology that provides highly efficient, soundless breakdown of bilirubin in neonatal jaundice, through uniform distribution of light. The use of specialized LEDs give several thousand hours of operating capacity, which will last any healthcare facility for an average of 5 years.
North America Phototherapy Equipment Market to Maintain Dominance
North America is anticipated to hold control over a major amount of phototherapy equipment market share and also display a rapid increase in the yearly rate of growth. This can be largely attributed to the increasing incidences of neonatal jaundice and other ailments that affect the skin. Growing awareness among the public about the latest treatment methods and healthcare infrastructure is expected to give a boost to the phototherapy equipment market of the region during the forecast period.
In addition, the number of new hospital establishments has also increased significantly in the region in the past few years, numbering well over 5000 at the current time, equivalent to over 45 percent of the global market. Growing preference of hospital treatments for curing skin conditions and favorable policies of reimbursement such as the Medicaid reimbursement policy of the United States are anticipated to significantly contribute to the growth of the North America market.
The Asia Pacific region is also anticipated to show good growth arising from growing support of the government for healthcare initiatives, increasing popularity of the region for medical tourism, expansion of key market players in the region, and low cost phototherapy equipment in China and India.
Segmentation of the Global Phototherapy Equipment Market
Phototherapy equipment can be broadly classified on the basis of products, application, and end user. On the terms of products, phototherapy equipment can be divided into portable LED lamps, bed type LED lamps, and neonatal incubators with LED lamps. On the terms of applications, phototherapy equipment can be used for cancer, psoriasis, acne, and neonatal jaundice. On the basis of the end user, phototherapy equipment can be categorized into diagnostic centers and hospitals.
This review on the phototherapy equipment market, gives readers a full assessment at regional and global levels to extract crucial information from trustworthy sources that has been supported and validated through in-depth research. The report helps in gaining an improved understanding about competitive scenarios and recognizing untapped business opportunities.
The report was developed through the use of in-depth scrutiny of vital aspects such as:
- Demand and Supply
- Market Drivers: Important factors that greatly influence the market
- Trends and Challenges: Popular trends and obstacles faced by market players
- Market Value: Size of the global market
- Market Segmentation: Categorization for better comprehension of each key area
- Technology: Changes arisen in the market through the introduction of new technologies
- Competitive Analysis: Market strategies used by major players
To add to this, the regional markets mentioned below have also been fully analyzed here.
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan phototherapy equipment market (China, India, New Zealand, ASEAN, Australia)
- Japan phototherapy equipment market
- North America phototherapy equipment market (United States, Canada)
- South America phototherapy equipment market (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of South America)
- Africa and Middle East phototherapy equipment market (S.Africa, N. Africa, GCC Countries, Rest of MEA)
- Eastern Europe phototherapy equipment market (Poland, Russia)
- Western Europe phototherapy equipment market (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
The report is an extensive compilation on primary data about the phototherapy equipment market worldwide on the basis of quality and quantity, which has been extracted from intensive interactions with numerous eminent industry experts. A complete market study including trends, economy, and market attractiveness provides a clearer understanding of the effects of every factor on regional markets and segments.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Phototherapy Equipment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Phototherapy Equipment Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Phototherapy Equipment Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Phototherapy Equipment Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Phototherapy Equipment Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Phototherapy Equipment Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)