This Proppant market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Proppant market.
Hydraulic fracturing, also known as fracking, is a process that has been used by gas companies since the 1940s. The process involves injecting sand, chemicals, and water into a well under carefully controlled conditions to crack or fracture solid rocks and release trapped gas deposits. The development of hydraulic fracturing technology has led to the usage of proppants. Proppants are used during hydraulic fracturing in order to keep the fissures open for the oil and gas to flow towards the well head. These are primarily of three types such as sand, resin-coated and ceramic.
Although the recent plummeting of international crude oil prices has negatively impacted the hydraulic fracturing industry, the overall outlook on the future prospects of the industry is positive. The proppant market is expected to register significant growth in the near future due to anticipated increase in global crude oil prices, which is likely to revamp the global shale industry.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Although the crude oil market is going through a slump, increasing energy demands all over the world are projected to provide an impetus to the market. This, in turn, is anticipated to augur well for the hydraulic fracturing- and proppant- market. After witnessing the shale boom in North America, many countries across the globe are exploring shale prospects in respective shale plays. The proppant market is expected to register increased revenues and volumes with shale exploration picking pace in such countries.
Proppant Market: Restraints
One of the key restraints in the proppant market can be attributed to the prevailing low international crude oil prices. The plummeting of crude oil prices makes shale extraction uneconomical and as a result, the proppant market revenues decline due to decreased hydraulic fracturing activity.
Proppant Market: Segmentation
The proppant market has been segmented into the types of proppants used for hydraulic fracturing. Sand, resin coated and ceramic are the three types of proppants used for hydraulic fracturing. Within the proppant market, sand proppant is most widely used for hydraulic fracturing. However, the type of proppant to be used in coming years most likely depends on the price of crude oil in the international market.
In terms of geography, the proppant market has been segmented into North and Central American region wherein the U.S. & Canada and Mexico is considered respectively. Amongst these regions, the North American region accounts for a leading share in the proppant market, both in terms of value as well as volume.
Proppant Market: Key Players
The key players in the proppant market include U.S. Silica, Carbo Ceramics, and Hi Crush LP Partners.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Proppant Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Proppant Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Proppant Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Proppant Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Proppant Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.