This Purified Terephthalic Acid Pta market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Purified Terephthalic Acid Pta market.
Purified terephthalic acid (PTA) is produced by chemical synthesis of crude oil. Majority of the purified terephthalic acid (PTA) is utilized in production of polyester resin which is used in the manufacture of polyester film, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) resin, and polyester fiber. The remaining percent of the purified terephthalic acid (PTA) is employed in manufacture of liquid crystal polymers, terephthaloyl chloride, cyclohexanedimethanol, plasticizers, and copolyester-ether elastomers.
It is comparatively more economical to use Purified terephthalic acid (PTA) than the dimethyl terephthalate (DMT) alternative for most grades of polyester utilized in the food and beverage containers and textiles. Purified terephthalic acid (PTA) also finds application in other end-user industries including textile and home furnishing, wherein PTA is essential for manufacture of garments such as bed sheets, clothes, and curtains.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) Market: Segmentation
Global purified terephthalic acid market is segmented into manufacturing processes, application and region. The global terephthalic acid market can be segmented on the basis of manufacturing processes into amoco process, cooxidation, multistage oxidation, and Henkel process.
On the basis of application, global terephthalic acid market can be segmented into polyester production, cyclohexanedimethanol production, plasticisers, liquid crystal polymers, textiles, bottling & packaging and furnishing etc.
On the basis of region, the global terephthalic acid market is segmented into north America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific (APEJ), Japan, and MEA.
Global Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) Market: Region-wise Outlook
The global purified terephthalic acid market is projected to witness a considerable growth in CAGR from 2015 to 2025. Asia Pacific is projected to be the most lucrative market for the global purified terephthalic acid market owing to the high ratio of manufacturing industries especially in India and China. Moreover, on account of the rising disposable income along with the improved standard of living, the Asia Pacific region is anticipated to witness a steady growth over the forecast period. Additionally, the growth in the PTA consumption is expected to be driven by high demand of polyester fiber.
North America and Europe is expected to trail Asia Pacific in terms of market volume share. Europe is projected to witness a sluggish growth owing to the growing utilization of bio-based PET in the bottle and packaging industry. Also, due to migration of the textile industry from North America and Europe to the Asia-Pacific region, production of polyester fiber in these regions have been declining exponentially.
Global Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) Market: Drivers
The purified terephthalic acid (PTA) market is likely to observe a noticeable growth in the approaching years owing to a high demand for polyester resin. Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) demand is also anticipated to have a positive impact on the purified terephthalic acid (PTA) market.
The rising per capita consumption and the growing disposable income in the developing economies such as India and China, along with a significant growth of the textile, coating and packaging industries in these regions is predicted to fuel the demand for the purified terephthalic acid (PTA) market.
Industries such as the beer industry, and the household product containers industry are still dominated by the glass industry, which is an unexplored market for purified terephthalic acid (PTA) consumption, offering new opportunities for the growth of the global purified terephthalic acid market.
Global Purified Terephthalic Acid Market: Restraints
Volatile crude oil prices are likely to affect the profitability of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) manufacturers and thus affecting the growth of the global purified terephthalic acid market. Moreover, stringent regulations is expected to support the use of bio-based PET and have a negative impact on the global purified terephthalic acid market growth. Other reasons which could affect the growth of the terephthalic acid market are toxicity levels which could cause eye irritation and mild skin irritations.
Global Purified Terephthalic Acid Market: Key Players
Some of the major players identified in the global purified terephthalic acid market are Sinopec Yizheng Chemical Fibre Company, Mitsui Chemicals, Reliance Industries Limited, Eastman Chemical Company, DuPont, Formosa Plastics Group, Alfa Group, Indian Oil Corporation, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, SABIC, Samsung Petrochemical Co. Ltd., and Samyang Corporation etc.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Purified Terephthalic Acid Pta Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Passive Infrared Sensor Market Segments
- Passive Infrared Sensor Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Passive Infrared Sensor Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Passive Infrared Sensor Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Passive Infrared Sensor Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Passive Infrared Sensor Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Purified Terephthalic Acid Pta Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Purified Terephthalic Acid Pta Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Purified Terephthalic Acid Pta Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Purified Terephthalic Acid Pta Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.