This Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) market.
Purified terephthalic acid (PTA) is a crucial element in manufacturing man-made fibers. Around 70-80% of polyester products are made up of purified terephthalic acid. Purified terephthalic acid is a cost effective alternative to dimethyl terephthalate (DMT), PTA has been a commonplace in the textile and packaging sectors. Moreover, PTA is finding application in healthcare sector for treating peptic ulcer, reflux esophagitis and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). The global purified terephthalic acid market is projected to grow at a healthy CAGR over the forecast period, 2020-2030. Market players are exploring growth potentials in marine, construction, and transport & wind energy industries.
Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) Market – Growth Trends
Growing textile industry and high adoption of polyester fibers owing to their compatibility with with other synthetic or natural fibers are driving the market for purified terephthalic acid. China is the largest textile exporter and is anticipated to grow rapidly over coming years; currently the country holds 38% share of the global textile industry. High utilization of polyester films in photographic films, data storage tapes and sheet material is anticipated to surge demand for PTA.
Gaping forward, purified terephthalic acid are widely used in manufacturing carbonated plastic bottles. According to the Guardian, about a million plastic bottles are produce in single minute, and this production is fixed to show double digit growth over next 20 years. Furthermore, technological advancements in production devices are providing a lucrative base to the market players.
Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) Market – Growth Restraints
Fluctuating prices crude oil (paraxylene) are setting forth huge challenges for PTA market players. Alerted by rising ecological burden, governments across the globe are imposing bans on purified terephthalic acid which, in turn, is paving way for alternatives such as bio-based PET. Furthermore, PTA is poisonous in nature, causing slight eye and skin irritation upon contact.
Impact of COVID-19 on Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) Market
The global economy is witnessing deepest recession after WW2 due to COVID-19 pandemic, and its effect is apparent across the global purified terephthalic acid market as well. Due to halt in export and import from various countries, demand for textile has reduced, and manufacturers are forced to curtail production or shut down their production units. According to just-style, about 80% of textile industries in Africa have faced downfall during the pandemic. Moreover, majority of market players are dependent on China for raw materials. As the country is facing the second wave of the pandemic, reinstating lockdowns in key manufacturing hubs are severely hampering the supply chain disruption of purified terephthalic acid market.
On the flip side, PTA is finding immense use in manufacturing of personal protective equipment (PPE) kit amid the pandemic. PPE kits have become a must for the frontline healthcare workers in order to protect them from the coronavirus while treating patients. As such, surging demand for PPE kits from various sectors is offering lucrative prospects for PTA manufacturers. With 3600 manufacturing units, about 2 lakhs personal protective equipment (PPE) kits are produced in India alone.
Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) Market Regional Analysis
Asia Pacific (APAC) continues to hold leading share in purified terephthalic acid market. China is the largest manufacturer and exporter of PTA in the world. Additionally, APAC is the largest textile consumer, especially polyester fabric and yarn. Growing at a CAGR of around 5%, the APAC textile is poised to register revenues worth US$ 520 by 2024. Further, surging sales of apparels through online platforms is anticipated to provide remunerative opportunities for PTA manufacturers. Going forward, North America is also attracting significant stakeholders’ investments, given rising adoption of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) in bottling and packaging industries. Studies find that the PET bottle industry in the region is expected to exhibit stable growth in the coming years.
Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) Market – Competitive Landscape
The global purified terephthalic acid market is highly fragmented, key manufacturers accounting for slight over a third of overall market revenue. Market leaders are focusing on collaboration and capacity expansion to maintain their competitiveness in the purified terephthalic acid market. For instance,
- BP has formed strategic collaboration with China Resources Chemical Innovative Materials holding Limited (CRC) to create and improve flexibility of its polyester value chain.
- Sinopec Yizheng Chemical Fibre Company has collaborated with SIBUR Holding to invest in Amur GCC for expansion of new and large-scale projects.
Players in global purified terephthalic acid market include
- Sinopec Yizheng Chemical Fibre Company
- Mitsui Chemicals
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Eastman Chemical Company
- DuPont, Formosa Plastics Group
- Alfa Group
- Indian Oil Corporation
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Samsung Petrochemical Co. Ltd.
- Samyang Corporation.
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) Market – Segmentation
Purified terephthalic acid market is segmented on the basis of following,
- By Grade
- Fiber & Yarn Grade
- Polybutylene terephthalate (PET) Grade
- Film Grade
- Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBT)
By End User
- PET Bottles
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.