This Ring Main Unit market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Ring Main Unit market.
Ring main unit is a set of switchgear commonly used ring-type electrical power distribution networks, and it plays an important role in secondary distribution substations. A wide range of industrial applications of ring main units include transportation, infrastructure, and construction, and recent industrial developments across the globe are expected to provide a fillip to growth of the ring main unit market.
Increasing Demand for Electricity and Use of Secondary Distribution Networks to Drive the Ring Main Unit Market
The growing trend of electrifying virtually everything is acting as the biggest trigger to increased demand for electricity across the world. According to the International Energy Agency (IEA) the global electricity demand increased by more than 3% in 2017 over 2016. Furthermore, growing needs for the upgradation of old electric distribution systems is bolstering the adoption of ring main units. In developing countries, rising fund flow towards promoting the use of nonconventional and renewable energy sources is redefining growth prospects of the ring main unit market. Owing to the burgeoning demand for electricity worldwide, the ring main unit market is poised to envisage incremental growth in the upcoming years.
Switchgear Manufacturers Introducing Intelligent and Smarter Devices to Gain an Edge in the Ring Main Unit Market
Increasing adoption of advanced electric power distribution systems is giving rise to the use of electronic component with more advanced features than conventional ones. Leading manufacturers in the ring main unit market are aiming to incorporate advanced technologies to further enhance safety and operational features of ring main units. Increasing adoption of next-generation technologies for expanding the range of innovative and smarter devices is emerging as a popular trend in the ring main unit market.
C&S Electric, a leading manufacturer of electrical and electronic components, recently introduced a smart, FRTU integrated ring main unit. The intelligent FRTU and modem integrated to the ring main unit make it a smart device that can identify and isolate any network issues and enhances reliability of uninterrupted power supply. The company announced that it is aiming to target Smart City projects and private and public power supply companies in emerging economies with launch of the ring main unit.
Another leading manufacturer in the ring main market – Eaton Corporation recently launched a wide range of power distribution products manufactured using cutting-edge technologies, in India. The company introduced RVAC SF6 Ring Main Unit (RMU), which is smart grid ready and has ergonomically designed logical mechanical and electrical interlocks. The advanced features of the RVAC ring main unit by Eaton can improve personal safety, ease of operation, and its state-of-the-art fault detection mechanism is likely to help the company to gain momentum in the ring main unit market.
The other players in the ring main unit market including General Electric, ABB, Schneider Electric, Siemens, L&T Electrical and Automation, Crompton Greaves, TIEPCO, Lucy Electric UK Ltd., LSIS Co., Ltd, Ormazabal, and Entec Electric & Electronic Co., Ltd, have been profiled in this report.
Asia Pacific Region to Attract Heavy Investments from Ring Main Unit Manufacturers
With the rising economic output, electricity demand in developing countries in the Asia Pacific region has surged significantly in the past few years. According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), developing Asian countries, such as China and India, hold a whopping 70% share in this rise in demand for electricity, which is triggering the use of secondary distribution networks in the across the world. In 2017, warm summers and strong economic growth triggered electricity demand in China by over 6%. Electricity demand in India surged by 12% in 2017 outpacing the economic growth in the country, which was 7% in the fiscal years.
Emerging economies are making significant strides in the improved access and distribution of electricity, which likely to generate lucrative opportunities for ring main unit market players in the Asia Pacific region. With the bolstering electricity capacity expansion and adoption of smart grids in rural areas in developing nations, the market for ring main units in Asia-Pacific is likely to showcase significant growth in the upcoming years.
Ring main unit market research report offers detailed analysis of the market as well as consists of thoughtful facts and insights along with historical data, which holds market data that is industry-evaluated and statistically backed up. The report comprises of projections that are generated with the help of suitable methodologies and a set of hypotheses. In addition, the research report delivers information and study based on market classifications such as industry, end-use and region.
Extensive Analysis of Ring main unit Market Research Report Covers:
- Segmentation of ring main unit market
- Dynamics of ring main unit market
- Global market sizing
- Demand and sale
- Modern trends and challenges
- Competitors and related competition
- Technological advances
- Value chain
Geographical Data Analysis of Ring main unit Market Research Report Is Based On:
- North America ring main unit market including (Canada and U.S.)
- Latin America ring main unit market including (Brazil and Mexico)
- Eastern Europe ring main unit market including (Russia and Poland)
- Western Europe ring main unit market including (Spain, U.K., France, Italy and Germany)
- Asia Pacific ring main unit market including (New Zealand, Australia, ASEAN, India and China)
- Japan ring main unit market
- Middle East and Africa ring main unit market including (North Africa, South Africa and GCC Countries)
Ring main unit market research report has been incorporated with first-hand information along with comprehensive analysis based on quality and quantity with the help of industry analysts. Inputs from participants and experts in the industry has also been integrated in the global report. Governing, micro and macro-economic aspects relating to parent market has been identified in the global report. Market attractiveness based on regions and segments along with qualitative impacts has also been included in the ring main unit market research report.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Ring Main Unit Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Ring Main Unit Market Segmentation
The ring main unit market is broadly segmented according to the installation, insulation types, applications, positions, component types, and ratings.
Based on the installation, the ring main unit market is segmented as:
Based on the insulation types, the ring main unit market is segmented as:
- Oil Insulated
- Gas Insulated
- Solid Dielectric Insulated
- Air Insulated
Based on applications, the ring main unit market is segmented as:
- Distribution Utilities
Based on position, the ring main unit market is segmented as:
- 3 Position
- 6 Position
- 10 Position
Based on component types, the ring main unit market is segmented as:
- Self-powered Electronic Relays
Notable Topics in Ring main unit Market Research Report Includes:
- Outlook on parent market
- Shifting market factors in industry
- Wide-ranging market segmentation
- Forecasted, on-going and past market sizing in terms of value and volume
- Current industry improvements and trends
- Competitive landscape
- Product offerings and strategic plans of key players
- Regions and segments indicating promising growth
- Neutral viewpoint on the global market performance
- Lucrative information for global market participants for business expansion
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Ring Main Unit Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Ring Main Unit Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Ring Main Unit Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Ring Main Unit Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.