Seitan Powder Market Overview
Seitan also known as wheat gluten is mainly made from wheat and sometimes from chickpea is a popular vegan meat substitute. Seitan Powder comprises of hydrated gluten, high amount of proteins and minerals and low carbohydrates and fat content which makes it a nutritious food. The adoption of sietan in numerous ready to eat food products processing has increased the demand for sietan across the globe.
Moreover, seitan powder demand is expected to increase due to rapid growth of fast-food restaurant chains and increasing number of consumers adapting vegan diet which has greatly influenced the Seitan Powder market. People allergic to soy-based products are shifting towards consumption of Seitan Powder. Rising demand for plant-based food products is also one of the major factors accelerating the Seitan Powder market globally.
Seitan Powder: Market Drivers
Emerging veganism and growing number of fast food outlets is considered the key factor driving Seitan Powder market. With rising competition in food service industry, mainly in developed countries well established chains are focusing on improving product qualities and service offerings.
With readily adopted product innovations in Seitan Powder market, growing access of e-commerce business is motivating key players to sell the products online which are contributing to revenue maximization of Seitan Powder market.
The awareness created through global animal welfare organizations, such as PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment for Animals), has led to people considering a meat-free diet. Non-meat-based meals are already popular in Asia, with tofu used extensively in Asian cuisines and bean-based congees widely consumed in countries such as China. Moreover, the increase in the number of start-ups in Asian countries such as India, Japan, and China is also further propelling market growth.
Global Seitan Powder Market: Key Players
Key player in the global market include:
- Sweet Earth Foods
- Upton's Naturals
- Vbites Foods Ltd.
- Morningstar Farms
- Meatless B.V.
- The Nisshin Ollio Group Ltd.
- MGP Ingredients, Inc.
- Garden Protein International, Inc.
- Amy’s Kitchen, Inc.
are among the leading players participating in seitan market.
- In February 2019, Upton’s Naturals launched wheat-protein-based Jerky Bites at Natural Products Expo West 2019. According to company, these 100% vegan snacks offer an excellent source of protein and vitamin B-12, which come in creative, tropical-inspired flavors. In July 2018, Upton’s Naturals had introduced 60-second Thai Meal Kits in its line of jackfruit products. The company is widely known for its Seitan in Italian, Ground, Chorizo, Bacon, Chick, and Traditional flavors.
Opportunities for Global Seitan Powder Market Participants
Regionally, the East Asia and South Asia are projected to make notable contributions even during the estimated timeline. The regional market growth can be credited to the huge demand for vegan products in the thriving foodservice sector. Moreover, growing health concerns in countries of Europe along with rapidly changing lifestyles & demographics are likely to drive the growth of Seitan industry in the European continent.
Asia Pacific’s growth is attributed to the increasing awareness of people about healthy dietary habits. The key factors driving growth in the Asia Pacific region are the need for health benefits, animal welfare, environment safety, cost affordability, and the growing variety of plant-based meat products.
The seitan powder market report provides a complete assessment of the market, with the help of historical data, qualitative insights, and supportable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been obtained by using confirmed research methodologies and assumptions. The research report provides a complete understanding of analysis and information for every aspect of the Seitan powder market, including: regional markets, product type, extract, source, end-use.
The Report Covers Exhaustive Analysis on
- Seitan powder market segment
- Seitan powder market dynamics
- Seitan powder market size
- Seitan powder supply and demand
- Current trends/issues/challenges pertaining to seitan powder market
- Competition landscape and emerging market participants in seitan powder market
- Technology related to production/processing of seitan powder
- Value chain analysis of the Seitan powder market
Regional Analysis Includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, BENELUX, Poland, Russia, Nordic, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
The seitan powder market report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analysing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the Seitan powder market report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Seitan Powder: Market Segmentation
Product Type :
- Bakery & Confectionary
- Dietary Supplements
- Animal Feed