This Smart Cattle market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Smart Cattle market.
The advent of Internet of Things has connected every person on the planet and the technology is now moving towards connecting animals and objects. IoT has created many opportunities for the agriculture industry, which has led to the development of ‘the internet of cattle’, known as ‘smart cattle’ wherein cattle is attached with sensors that accumulate data and analyze weather the cattle is sick, lost, trapped or deceased. This technology includes several sensors, including GPS for location tracking, an accelerometer for disease detection and a temperature sensor to determine whether the cattle is dead or alive. With the help of smart cattle, herds can now be connected to the cloud with drones as mobile base stations, which also deliver information through pictures.
The increasing demand for dairy food products, low availability of farm lands and declining dairy and beef industry are driving the adoption of smart cattle in the market. The high adoption of connected technology for business advantage and investments in research and development and infrastructure are key trends observed in the market. Vendors in the market are developing smart pills, wireless sensors and designing new location technologies to leverage framers from livestock losses.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Smart Cattle Market: Drivers and Restraints
Smart cattle enable sensors to detect if cattle are dead or not because dead cattle can spread disease to other animals. This helps farmers to bring efficiency in their agriculture business by saving other animals from any injury. Also, the pictures clicked through drones can provide information about the herd such as the quality of pasture grass or the number of newly born calves. The efficiency achieved in agriculture business in terms of information and time is driving the adoption of smart cattle in the market.
Lack of skilled labor in the agriculture and farming industry and the high cost of investment in new technology hinder the growth of the smart cattle market. Unfamiliarity of new technology is further hampering the adoption of new technologies.
Smart Cattle Market: Competitive Landscape
Key players in the market include BT Group, Vital Herd, Inc., PTC, True North Technologies, DairyMaster, Moocall Ltd., AfiMilk, Ltd., AgVis, SCR Dairy and Microsoft Corporation
Europe is expected to be the largest market for smart cattle. Majority of smart cattle vendors such as Moocall Ltd. and AgVis are based in Europe. This can be attributed to the highly developed dairy and agriculture industries in the region. The market in North America and SEA and other APAC regions is expected to witness growth as well.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Smart Cattle Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Smart Cattle Market: Segmentation
Segmentation of the smart cattle market on the basis of components:
- Heat Sensors
- Temperature Sensors
- Motion Sensor
- Base Stations
Segmentation of the smart cattle market on the basis of deployment:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint