This Smart Stadium market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Smart Stadium market.
From last couple of decades, stadiums have seen increasing demand from sports and entertainment sector. The increasing demand, in turn, increases the number of viewers in the stadium.
Crowd management is the major factor of concern for the stadium managers. The introduction of a smart stadium, curtail many of these problems.
Generally, a smart stadium comprises of a large number of sensors, cameras, and digital signs, which are being connected to wired and wireless networks and servers.These sensors provide real-time information about empty parking spots, waiting lines, a number of vacant seats and other useful information.
Additionally, with the help of advanced technology, the smart stadium now can predict the uncertain whether condition and provide early planning of entry and exit point in case of any chaos.Moreover, viewers now can order their meals by seating on their seats, with the help of their smartphones by connecting it to stadium server.
The number of advantages coupled with safety and security provided by smart stadium has led increasing demand for smart stadium and is expected to show significant growth over the forecast period.
Advanced technologies and increasingly digital world is forcing the sports industry and sport stadiums to adapt Internet of Things (IoT) and this adoption can bridge gap between digital space and the physical world.
Teams are focusing on few main areas to utilize IoT in today’s world to address specific needs or challenges. Integration of IoT in smart stadiums increases the revenue streams, enhance fan experience, provide real-time personalization and increase venue efficiency.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic Outbreak on Smart Stadium Market
The pandemic situation of COVID-19 has put the sports world on hold. As due to the spread of novel coronavirus most of the leagues and championships have been suspended.
For instance the National Hockey League (NHL) and National Basketball Association (NBA) in the United States have both suspended their seasons indefinitely. In Europe region many soccer matches and leagues are being played without spectators.
Thus the event organizers are facing a decline in the revenues due to cancelled or postponed events. In addition in March 2020, pandemic shut down traditional sports leagues everywhere, the same month game streaming site Twitch reported a 31% increase.
Thus cancellation of thousands of live events Esports keeps scoring wins. Hence the growth of smart stadium market is anticipated to decline during this pandemic situation.
However, some governments have signed agreement about hosting the events, thus the events will take place, although some changes might have to be made. So the market is anticipated to be back on track by the end of Q4 of 2020, or early 2021.
Smart Stadium Market: Market Dynamics
Increased Implementation of green initiatives is a Major Factor Driving the Growth of the Smart Stadium Market
The growing popularity of sports and events around the world is expected to push the demand for stadiums, which in turn is anticipated to fuel the demand for the smart stadium over the forecast period.
Moreover, benefits such as operational efficiency, fan experience, and stadium security are expected to drive the demand for the smart stadium over the forecast period. Furthermore, increasing trend of digital transformation, focus on attracting home viewers and growing demand for better customer management are some of the factors anticipated to escalate the market for smart stadium over the forecast period.
However, high investment cost along with traditional infrastructure of stadiums restrict the stadium owners from adopting the advanced technology and are expected to act as a restraining factor and is anticipated to hamper the demand for Smart Stadium over the forecast period.
Smart Stadium Market: Competition Landscape
Examples of some of the market participants in the global Smart Stadium market identified across the value chain include Huawei Technology Co. Ltd, Intel Corporation, NEC Corporation, Cisco System Inc., IBM Corporation, Fujitsu, Johnson Controls, Tech Mahindra Ltd., Volteo, among others.
Following are some key strategies and developments in the global Smart Stadium market:
- For instance, in November 2019, Cisco Systems Inc., partnered with SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles to deploy cutting edge IoT and audio-visual solutions at what will be the biggest venue in the NFL.
Smart Stadium Market: Regional Outlook
In terms of demand, it is anticipated that Europe will dominate global Smart Stadium market. While Middle East and Africa is expected to show significant growth over the forecast period.
Europe and MEA have several smart stadium vendors and are leveraging on advanced technology to provide better and connected stadium for their viewers. For instance, Vodafone will provide smart stadium service in collaboration with Intel for 2022 FIFA world cup in Qatar.
The Smart Stadium market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain.
The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Smart Stadium Market Segments
- Smart Stadium Market Dynamics
- Smart Stadium Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved in the Market
- Technology Landscape
- Value Chain of the Market
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, BENELUX, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia and Pacific (India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of South Asia and Pacific)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent Smart Stadium market
- Changing Smart Stadium market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape of Smart StadiumMarket
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Smart Stadium Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Smart Stadium Market: Segmentation
The Smart Stadium market can be segmented on the basis of solution, deployment, and region.
- Digital Content Management
- Stadium & Public Security
- Building Automation
- Event Management
- Network Management
- Crowd Management
- Professional Services
- Deployment & Integration
- Support & Maintenance
- Managed Services
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Smart Stadium Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Smart Stadium Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Smart Stadium Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Smart Stadium Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.