This Spirulina Extracts market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Spirulina Extracts market.
Spirulina extract market is expected to grow with a single digit CAGR over the forecast period. Spirulina Extracts are made with natural herbs, vitamins and minerals to raise energy levels and provide antioxidant protection.Spirulina extract ingredients are used in food products, colours, nutraceuticals, feed, cosmetics, bio-fertilizers and fine chemicals.Spirulina contains phycocyanin which makes it best natural blue colour which can be used in food. Spirulina extracts are mainly of three colours which includes blue, red and yellow .Blue Spirulina extract is used to make other colours. In various regions, use of food colours without chemicals is mandatory. For instance, in Japan, the use of food colours without chemical is made mandatory by food regulatory bodies.
Spirulina Extracts Market Segmentation:
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Spirulina extracts market is segmented on the basis of application and geography. On the basis of application spirulina extracts market can be segmented into soft drinks, meat and savory, confectionary, oil and fats, dairy and fruit and vegetables and others. Also, spirulina extracts market is segmented on the basis of geography into North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Europe is expected to dominate the spirulina extracts market in next four to five years, followed by North America. Various regions including Asia Pacific and North America are preferring natural products such as spirulina extracts which is expected to further boost the demand of spirulina extracts over the forecasted period
Spirulina Extracts Market: Region-wise Outlook:
Spirulina extracts market is mainly growing rapidly in various developed countries such as USA, Germany and Japan owing to the rising awareness among the consumers regarding the adverse effects of artificial colours in food. These countries mainly use spirulina extracts due to the presence of high income population. Moreover, European countries have put ban on the manufacturing of synthetic colour and also banned the import of synthetic colours from other countries. This has led to increased demand for spirulina extracts market in this region.
Spirulina Extracts Market: Drivers:
Spirulina extracts market growth is fuelled by the increasing consumer awareness for natural food in comparison to synthetic food coupled with health-promoting properties of natural food colours. Other factors that further fuel the growth of spirulina extracts market is increasing demand for clean label products and favorable government regulations. For example FDA’s approval to use spirulina to impart blue colour in candy in U.S. as an alternative to synthetic FD&C Blue#1. In addition to this development in food colour extraction techniques and packaging innovation is expected to further boost the growth of spirulina extracts market. Spirulina extract market growth is hampered by more cost associated with the production of natural colours in comparison to the synthetic colours. Moreover various spirulina extracts are less stable in comparison to synthetic colours as they easily change colour under the effect of light.
Spirulina Extracts Market: Key Players:
Companies operating in the spirulina extracts market are Sensient Technologies Corporation, DDW The Color House , Chr. Hansen A/S, DIC Corporation, Other Companies operating in Spirulina extracts market are mainly launching new products to provide customised solutions to its customers. For example, Naturex S.A. offers colours made from spirulina extracts that dissolve easily in lipophilic formulations.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Spirulina Extracts Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Spirulina Extracts Market Segments
- Spirulina Extracts Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Spirulina Extracts Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Spirulina Extracts Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Spirulina Extracts Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Spirulina Extracts Market includes:
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Spirulina Extracts Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Spirulina Extracts Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Spirulina Extracts Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Spirulina Extracts Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)