An Incisive, In-depth Analysis on the Spirulina Powder Market
This study offers a comprehensive, 360 degree analysis on the Spirulina Powder market, bringing to fore insights that can help stakeholders identify the opportunities as well as challenges. It tracks the global Spirulina Powder market across key regions, and offers in-depth commentary and accurate quantitative insights. The study also includes incisive competitive landscape analysis, and provides key recommendations to market players on winning imperatives and successful strategies.
Spirulina Powder Market - Key Research Findings
- The global spirulina powder market size in 2019 is estimated to be valued at ~US$ 358
- The spirulina powder market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period for 2019-2029.
- The organic spirulina powder is expected to grow rapidly in demand during the forecasted period.
- Significant growth in the sales of organic spirulina powder can be primarily attributed to increasing awareness of natural ingredients. Consumers prefer natural and organic products without any additives and chemicals.
- North America is stipulated to account for maximum revenue shares in the spirulina powder industry by the end of 2029.
- North America is estimated to continue to be an opportunistic market for spirulina powder manufacturers and distributors, owing to increasing production and demand for organic spirulina powder
- Growing application of spirulina powder in the food & beverage industry is likely to result in increased market share during the forecasted period.
- High potential application of spirulina powder has also been identified in dietary supplements & pharmaceuticals. The consumption and production of dietary supplements is increasing rapidly. Manufacturers are launching innovative and unique products in dietary supplements, which attracts customers, which in turn, is likely to remain instrumental to the spirulina powder market growth.
Key Factors Shaping the Spirulina Powder Market
Government Initiatives towards the Production of Spirulina Powder
Governments of various countries have started promoting the production of spirulina powder to strengthen the market and create a decent income source for rural population. The government of many countries such as India, Angola and Ghana are actively supporting the local Spirulina powder market and building a strong gateway for the development of this super-food, which can change the course of food for the entire race. Due to high nutritional contents, many countries have identified it as an economical response to malnutrition and various deficiencies, which the populace is suffering from. Almost one in every three malnutrition children's live in India, which crafts a severe need for an action against the hunger.
Spirulina as a Renewable Energy Source
Globally, the oil prices are subject to volatility and are affected by political disputes and controversies. Considering the above mentioned factors along with increasing amount of pollution generated by burning petroleum products for fuel, governments and companies are exploring alternative forms of energy. Spirulina is one of the newest and most viable forms of clean energy, which is expected to even outperform solar energy. Algae based bio-fuels are gaining traction in the market and are expected to surge during the forecast period.
- According to the U.S. Department of Energy, algae yield are between 10 and 100 times as high as those of traditional biofuels. Further, the U.S. Department of Energy is spending money to promote the viability and efficiency of using algae as a fuel. In, august 2015, they announced US$18 million in funding towards algae bio-fuel production. Even, Just Energy in Ohio, has pushed for more state level funding for research into these methods and extract oil from micro-algae.
Major Players Earning Consumer Trust through the Inclusion of Organic and Natural Ingredients
Large number of companies in the overall food and ingredients market are focusing on developing their organic business. As a consequence, major companies are increasing their investments in production of natural and organic products. This is one of the major factors, which is driving the global spirulina powder market growth at a rapid pace. Moreover, companies have become more customer focused now. There has been increased consumer mistrust over the years, hence, consumers have become very particular about the source of the food and what goes into it. Organic labels or certifications on products are featured as key additional benefits in most of the health food launches, and significantly support the growth of the spirulina powder market at large.
Utmost Focus on Quality of Sports Food and Supplements
Consumers prefer excellence in quality and service. Companies are investing in research and development to create unique and innovative products with great quality. Companies are concentrating on adopting latest technologies in order to maintain high quality standards. Consumers choose brands with best quality products. Consumers have various options to choose one of the best for them. Competition is increasing rapidly in the spirulina powder market. Consumers are ready to pay a good amount for high-quality products.
Spirulina Powders Market Structure Analysis
- The global spirulina powder market is a moderately competitive market. Approximately 35% - 40% share of the market is held by tier-1 players.
- Expansion of the business through mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and alliances are the strategies followed by key players in the spirulina powder Key market players focus on strategies such as adoption of new technologies to develop innovative products, and further enlargement of sales and distribution channels.
- Noteworthy investments in the research and development for novel and sturdy products is projected to boost the growth prospects of the spirulina powder
- Major players in the spirulina powder are DIC Corporation Now Health Group Inc., Chr. Hansen A/S, GNC Holdings, Inc., Cyanotech Corp., GNT Holding B.V., Fuqing King Dnarmsa Spirulina Co., Ltd., Sensient Technologies Corp., Dongtai City Spirulina Bio-Engineering Co., Ltd., DDW Inc. and others.
Spirulina Powder Market Analysis 2019-2029
A recent market study published by FMI “Spirulina Powder Market: Global Industry Analysis 2014-2018 & Forecast 2019-2029” offers a comprehensive assessment of the most important market dynamics. After conducting thorough research on the historical, as well as current growth parameters of the spirulina powder market, the growth prospects of the market are obtained with maximum precision.
The global spirulina powder market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present complete market intelligence to the reader.
By Sales Channel
Chapter 01 – Global Economic Outlook
The report commences with the global economic outlook, which depicts the world GDP in the key countries and trade penetration of various distribution channels in countries. The effect of these parameters on the spirulina powder market is analyzed.
Chapter 02 - Executive Summary
The executive summary of the spirulina powder market includes, the market country analysis, proprietary wheel of fortune, demand-side and supply-side trends, opportunity assessment and recommendations on the global spirulina powder market.
Chapter 02 – Market Introduction
Readers can find the detailed segmentation and definition of the spirulina powder market in this chapter, which will help them to understand basic information about the spirulina powder market. This section also highlights inclusions and exclusions, which helps reader understand the scope of the spirulina powder market report.
Chapter 03 – Global Spirulina Powder Market Overview
Readers can find the detailed segmentation and definition of the spirulina powder market in this chapter. The associated industrial assessment of the spirulina market is also carried out such as market trends, market dynamics, trade analysis, supply and value chain. Consumer’s perception on spirulina powder is explained in the segments consumer survey analysis and social media sentiment analysis of this chapter. This also highlights price point assessment by nature, the average price of spirulina powder in different regions throughout the globe and its forecast till 2029. The factors influencing the prices of the spirulina powder are also explained in this section.
Chapter 04 – Global Spirulina Powder Market Analysis and Forecast 2014-2029
This chapter explains how the spirulina powder market will grow across the globe in various segments. Based on nature, the spirulina powder market is segmented into organic and conventional. Based on application, the spirulina powder market is segmented into food & beverage, dietary supplements & pharmaceuticals, animal and aquaculture feed, cosmetics & personal care and others. Based on sales channel, the spirulina powder market is segmented into direct sales and retail sales. Retail sales is further segmented into modern trade, specialty stores, pharma and drug stores, online retail and other online retailing formats. Based on region, the spirulina powder market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, APEJ, Japan, and Middle East & Africa.
Chapter 05 – North America Spirulina Powder Market Analysis 2014 - 2018 & Forecast 2019 - 2029
This chapter includes a detailed analysis of the growth of the North America spirulina powder market, along with a country-wise assessment that includes the U.S. and Canada. Readers can also find regional trends, regulations, and market growth based on end-users and countries in North America.
Chapter 06 – Western Europe Spirulina Powder Market Analysis 2014 - 2018 & Forecast 2019 - 2029
Important growth prospects of the spirulina powder market based on its end users in several countries such as Germany, France, the U.K., Spain, Italy, and the Rest of Western Europe are included in this chapter.
Chapter 07 – Eastern Europe Spirulina Powder Market Analysis 2014 - 2018 & Forecast 2019 - 2029
Important growth prospects of the spirulina powder market based on its end users in several countries such as Russia, Poland, and the Rest of Eastern Europe are included in this chapter.
Chapter 08 – Latin America Spirulina Powder Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Forecast 2019 - 2029
Readers can find detailed information about several factors, such as the pricing analysis and regional trends, which are impacting the growth of the Latin America spirulina powder market. This chapter also includes the growth prospects of the spirulina powder market in leading LATAM countries such as Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Argentina and Rest of Latin America.
Chapter 09 – APEJ Spirulina Powder Market Analysis 2014 - 2018 & Forecast 2019 - 2029
Greater China, India, ASEAN, South Korea, and Rest of APEJ are the leading countries in the APEJ region that are prime subjects of assessment to obtain the growth prospects of the APEJ spirulina powder market in this chapter. Readers can find detailed information about the growth parameters of the APEJ spirulina powder market during the period 2019 - 2029.
Chapter 10 – Japan Spirulina Powder Market Analysis 2014 - 2018 & Forecast 2019 - 2029
This chapter includes a detailed analysis of the growth of the East Asia spirulina powder market. Readers can also find Japanese market trends, regulations, and market growth based on end users.
Chapter 11 – Middle East and Africa Spirulina Powder Market Analysis 2014 - 2018 & Forecast 2019 - 2029
This chapter provides information about how the spirulina powder market will grow in major countries in the MEA region such as GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel, and Rest of MEA, during the forecast period 2019 - 2029.
Chapter 12 – Competitive Assessment
In this chapter, readers can find detailed information about tier analysis and market concentration of the key players in the spirulina powder market along with their market presence analysis by region and product portfolio. Also, readers can find a comprehensive list of all leading stakeholders in the spirulina powder market, along with detailed information about each company, which includes the company overview, revenue shares, strategic overview, and recent company developments. Some of the market players featured in the report are DIC Corporation Now Health Group Inc., Chr. Hansen A/S, GNC Holdings, Inc., Cyanotech Corp., GNT Holding B.V., Fuqing King Dnarmsa Spirulina Co., Ltd., Sensient Technologies Corp., Dongtai City Spirulina Bio-Engineering Co., Ltd., DDW Inc. and many others.
Chapter 13 – Assumptions and Acronyms
This chapter includes a list of acronyms and assumptions that provide a base to the information and statistics included in the spirulina powder report.
Chapter 14 – Research Methodology
This chapter helps readers understand the research methodology followed to obtain various conclusions, as well as important qualitative and quantitative information about the spirulina powder market.
C - Level Executives
Current Market Dynamics and Challenges
Market Performance and Growth Quadrants
Competition Structure and Market Structure
Strategic Growth Initiatives
Near-term and Long-term Market Growth Prospects
Market Segment Splits and Authenticity
Opinions on Market Projections and Validity Of Assumptions
Industrial Product Review
Tobacco Vapor Electronic Cigarette Association
American Lung Association
Confederation of European Community Cigarette Manufacturers
Company Press Releases
Annual Reports and Investor Presentations
Government Websites and Publications
Spirulina Powder Market Reports - Table of Contents
16. Forecast Factors: Relevance and Impact
17. Forecast Assumptions
19. Research Methodology