This Stabilized Starch market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Stabilized Starch market.
Market Outlook for the Stabilized Starch Market
Modified starches have become a vital part of the food industry since their development in the 1940s. Stabilized starch is one such modified starch, which involves the chemical treatment of native starch, and thus stabilizes its granular structure. Stabilized starch is a significant ingredient in the food industry, as it provides a stable viscosity in conditions such as extended heat, acid, and shear conditions. Compared to native starch, stabilized starch provides better application because of its improved properties such as viscosity, colloidal properties, gelatinization temperature, and others. Consumer preference is increasing towards stabilized starch because of its excellent economic benefits in processed applications. These benefits include moisture management, elevated water-holding capacity, and improved yields at a decreased hydration temperature in meat processing. They are utilized to provide viscosity stability under refrigerated conditions in dairy applications. In high-fat sauce systems, stabilized starch provides steam table stability for gravies and sauces. Most importantly, it can be consumed by all religious groups, including vegans and vegetarians.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Stabilized Starch Market Trends
With stabilized starch being the most common type of starch modification, its market is poised to expand because of the increased demand for modified starch, globally. The multifunctional properties of stabilized starch, such as providing viscosity, texturizing, and good process stability are increasing the scope of modified starch applications in industries such as food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, and others. The market is driven by an increased demand for processed food and convenience food. Apart from bakery, dairy and ice cream stabilized starch provides efficient applications in the convenience food market, a market that is expected to witness a higher growth rate in future years because of increasing working hours and busy lifestyles. This the increased consumption of convenience food would increase the demand for stabilized starch used in processing. However, the availability of raw material can be a major concern for this rising demand, as starch is one of the key ingredients of animal feed and bioenergy. Therefore, the stabilized starch market can face high competition from animal food processing industries.
Global Stabilized Starch Market: Key Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants in the global stabilized starch market identified across the value chain include Cargill Incorporated, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Blattmann Schweiz AG, Grain Processing Corporation, Ingredion, and others.
Global Stabilized Starch Market: Key Developments
Stabilized starch is produced by chemical and physical modifications in the native starch, which requires additional chemicals and technological processes to be performed as compared to that of native starch production. Therefore, developments in cutting-edge starch modification technologies would be beneficial for growth in the stabilized starch market. Research and development to find better and organic ways for chemical conversion in native starch can be another modicum to reduce chemical use. For instance, an article authored by Susanne L. Jensen demonstrates the use of a branching enzyme that can stabilize starch, a potential clean alternative for chemical modification. This can help increase the sales stabilized starch in organic label, which has continuously increasing demand from health conscious consumers.
There have been expansions in the market. For instance, Cargill Asia Pacific announced that it would invest in starch projects in Asia Pacific (Mar 2017), to serve Cargill’s Asian customers, and provide specialty starch to them so as to increase the stability of sauces, soups, and dairy products. Also, in the year 2015, Cargill specifically designed a stabilized n-OSA starch, C*CreamTex06329, to improve texture and rheological behavior of the finished product.
Opportunities for Stabilized Starch Market Participants
There are a lot of companies that process starch, but very few among them provide processed stabilized starch, which therefore limits the availability of the product. Thus, encouraging the modification of native starch to stabilized starch can be a potential factor for the growth of the stabilized starch market. Increasing awareness for its applications and expanding the applications to industries other than food or pharmaceuticals can provide ample opportunity for its market growth.
Brief Approach to Research
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the product types and end uses of the target product covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, and consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report:
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Stabilized Starch Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Stabilized Starch Market: Segmentation:
On the basis of source, the stabilized starch market is segmented into-
On the basis of nature, the stabilized starch market is segmented into-
On the basis of application, the stabilized starch market is segmented into-
- Convenience Food
- Meat Processing
- Gravies, Dressings, Noodles, Soups, and Sauces
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint