This Through Hole Resistor market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Through Hole Resistor market.
A resistor is a two terminal device that offers electrical resistance as a circuit element. Resistors come in different sizes and shapes and are used in electronic devices. Several types of resistors are available in the market, such as precision, high voltage, ultra-low resistance, extreme high power rating, and safety. They find applications in alternative energy, consumer electronics, computers, and telecommunications. A through-hole resistor is a two terminal passive element that comes with a long, flexible lead that can be inserted into a PCB board or bread board. The technology used to insert resistors in PCBs (printed circuit board) is of two types, i.e. PTH (plated through-hole) or SMT (surface mount technology).
Rise in technology advancements, and increased usage of high configuration systems drives growth of the through-hole resistors market. Through hole resistors technology has almost replaced earlier techniques, such as point to point construction. When compared to the SMT surface mount technology, through-hole mounting technology provides a strong mechanical bond. Design engineers choose through-hole resistors rather than surface mount parts when prototyping, because they can be easily inserted and used with breadboard sockets.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Resistors are constructed with various components and are made of metal, carbon, and metal-oxide films; majority of the standard films come with carbon. A thin film (of a conductive material) is wrapped and covered with an insulating material. The through-hole resistor’s resistance value differs from a single thin film to multiple thin films, ranging from 2.7 Ohms to 3.3 Mega Ohms. Wire wound resistors are used in high power rating flat wire current sensors, while metal film resistors are used in high power rating, high voltage, and high ohmic ones. Resistors are not only static and fixed, but they are also variable – known as ‘rheostats’. A resistor’s value can be adjusted in a specific range and a rheostat is potentiometer whose value can be adjusted depending on the range and value.
Through hole technology is reliable and through-hole segments are best utilized for high quality items that require more grounded association between layers. SMT (surface mount technology) parts are secured just by solder on the surface of the board, permitting the segments to withstand more ecological anxiety. This is the reason that through-hole innovation is regularly utilized as a part of military and aviation items that may encounter extraordinary increasing velocities, impacts, and high temperatures. Through hole mounting type innovation is additionally valuable in test and prototyping applications that occasionally require manual alterations and substitutions.
In surface mount technology, resistors are mounted on the PCB board through solder, which is much better than through-hole mounting as it is less time consuming and easy to replace. Surface mount technology increases the quality of the PCB, and it has become essential in reducing the cost of manufacturing, as compared to through-hole mounting.
Through Hole Resistor Market: Key Trends and Drivers
Through hole resistors provide high mechanical bond and are strong, as compared to resistors built with surface mount technology. This directly drives the through-hole resistor market. Through hole resistors are used in aviation and military applications, owing to their ability to withstand mechanical stress and high temperature. This is expected to be another key driver for the through hole resistor market. However, through hole technology is expensive, and it involves drilling the PCB board, which is time consuming. It also limits the availability of routing, as the leads must pass through the hole. These are some of the major disadvantages identified in the technology, which may restrain growth of the through hole resistors market. Through hole resistor mounting is a process in which leads are placed through the holes onto the PCB. This process was standard, until the rise of surface mount technology. Surface mount technology is a process wherein leads are mounted by soldering them onto the board. At some point of time, through hole technology is expected to phase out.
Through Hole Resistor Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants identified across the value chain include, Panasonic, Vishay, AVX, Bourns, TE Connectivity, TT Electronics, Ohmite, Stackpole, Caddock Electronics, Yageo, and Riedon.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Through Hole Resistor Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Through Hole Resistor Market: Segmentation
The through hole resistor market can be segmented in a number of ways, two of the prominent ones being as per type and end use.
The through hole resistor market segmented on the basis of type:
- Axial type
- Axial leads run through a component in a straight line axially
- Radial type
- Radial lead components, on the other hand, protrude from the board
The through hole resistor market segmented on the basis of end use:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Through Hole Resistor Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Through Hole Resistor Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Through Hole Resistor Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Through Hole Resistor Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.