This Unmanned Aerial Vehicle market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Unmanned Aerial Vehicle market.
Apart from military and commercial purposes, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) have been quite successful in gaining the attention of retailers like Amazon and DPDHL for delivery purposes. In military, these vehicles are preferred during missions where there is a threat to human life.
Due to a wide range of applications like green-house monitoring, aerial remote sensing, etc., commercial unmanned aerial vehicles are expected to dominate the applications segment over the forecast period. Based on class, small UAV is anticipated to witness fastest growth during the forecast period as these are being increasingly preferred for commercial applications. However, strategic unmanned aerial vehicles are projected to witness significant growth during the forecast period. Based on payload, synthetic aperture radars (SARs) are projected to witness significant growth over the forecast period due to various features like lightweight, compact size, real time imaging, less power consumption, etc.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Increasing effectiveness in combating situations coupled with technological advancements in the unmanned aerial vehicles is expected to fuel the demand for this market during the forecast period. Moreover, increasing terrorist activities across the globe is anticipated to upsurge the demand for unmanned aerial vehicles in near future. Additionally, increasing demand for highly precise technology is further expected to propel the growth of the unmanned aerial vehicles market. The unmanned aerial vehicles are also being adopted in Germany for parcel delivery (DHL Packet), which in turn, is expected to incite other regions to use these vehicles for logistics, etc. This could prove to be another factor driving the growth of the global unmanned aerial vehicles market in future.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Market: Restraints
One of the major factors restricting the growth of the global unmanned aerial vehicles is high accident rate of these vehicles. Moreover, stringent government regulations regarding the usage of unmanned aerial vehicles is also expected to hamper the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Market: Segmentation
Unmanned aerial vehicles market can be segmented on the basis of class, energy source, endurance, payload, wing type and applications. On the basis of class, the global unmanned aerial vehicle market can be segmented into small, tactical and strategic. On the basis of energy source, the market can be segmented into hydrogen, solar, lithium ion, fuel cells and hybrid. On the basis of endurance, the global unmanned aerial vehicle market can be segmented into short (less than 5 hrs), medium (5 hrs – 24 hrs) and high (more than 24 hrs). On the basis of payload, the market can be segmented into synthetic aperture radars (SARs), EW Systems, electro optic infrared sensors (EO/IR), C4I systems, and others. On the basis of wing type, the global unmanned aerial vehicle market can be segmented into fixed wing, tilt wing, unmanned helicopter and multicopter. On the basis of applications, the market can be segmented into military, commercial and homeland security.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Market: Region wise Outlook
Based on regions, the Asia pacific, led by China and India is expected to be the most promising revenue generating region in unmanned aerial vehicles market due to increasing boundary conflicts in this region. Additionally, growing preference for automation in this region is further expected to fuel the demand for unmanned aerial vehicles. North America is estimated to dominate the unmanned aerial vehicles market. However, due to the cuts in defense budgets across this region, the region is projected to witness steady growth in unmanned aerial vehicles market during the forecast period. Middle East and Africa are projected to witness significant growth in unmanned aerial vehicles market in near future.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Market: Market Participants
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Some of the market participants identified in the global unmanned aerial vehicles market are mentioned below:
- UAV Solutions, Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Martin UAV
- Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd.
- EMT Ingenieurgesellschaft Dipl.-Ing. Hartmut Euer mbH
- Selex ES Inc.
- BlueBird Aero Systems
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Dassault Aviation SA
- General Atomics
- AeroVironment, Inc.
- BAE Systems
- Airbus DS GmbH
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.