This Yoghurt market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Yoghurt market.
Yogurt belongs to dairy food industry. It is derived from the bacterial fermentation of the milk. Primarily yogurt is consumed directly as a dessert or it is used in various recipes. Increasing awareness about the benefits of yogurt as a healthy alternative to include in daily diet is driving the growth of yogurt market across the globe.
Yoghurt Market Segmentation
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Yogurt market is further segmented on the basis of form which includes set yogurt, frozen yogurt, Greek yogurt and yogurt drinks. Among all these set yogurt occupied the major position on the pie in terms of market share. High usage of set yogurt in various cooking recipe and consumption as a dessert is contributing towards the growth of set yogurt product segment. However frozen yogurt and yogurt drinks is expected to show a healthy growth during the forecast period. Frozen yogurt is further sub segmented as regular and flavored. Among both of these sub segment flavored yogurt is expected to show a fastest growth during the forecast period. Also, yogurt drinks is sub segmented as regular and flavored yogurt. Increasing availability of various fruit flavored yogurt with health benefits is expected to support the demand of flavored frozen yogurt and flavored yogurt drinks in the near future.
Yogurt market is also segmented on the basis of distribution channel which comprises, supermarket/ hypermarket, grocery stores, convenience stores, online and others. Among all these segments supermarket/hypermarket is expected to occupy the major share on the pie in terms of revenue contribution. Increased penetration of retail industry especially in developing region is expected to support the growth. Moreover, purchasing of yoghurt through online is expected to show a substantial growth during the forecast period. Increasing internet penetration and urge of consumers towards convenience purchasing of product is predicted to be the driving factor for online purchasing in yogurt market in the near future.
Geographically, North America is expected to be the major contributor in terms of value followed by Europe in yogurt market. However, these region is predicted to be a mature market for set yogurt, and is expected to show a stable growth in the near future. Introduction of new variant in flavors coupled with offering low fat products may fuel the growth of yogurt market in these region. In developing countries of Asia Pacific region China is expected to dominate the market in terms of yogurt consumption followed by India. Moreover Japan is expected to show a substantial growth during the forecast period. Increasing consumption of flavored yoghurt especially in countries such as China and Japan is predicted to support the growth yoghurt market across Asia Pacific region during forecast period.
Yogurt Market Drivers
Rising disposable income coupled with shifting consumer eating habits is expected to drive the demand of yogurt market in the near future. Moreover, increasing availability of flavored yoghurt especially in developing region is predicted to be major factor supporting the growth of ice cream and frozen dessert market during the forecast period. In addition, rising awareness among the people regarding the benefits of yogurt such as it has good bacteria or probiotics that boost the immune system, provide calcium, and help combat constipation and diarrhea and others is also expected to drive the growth of yogurt market in the near future.
Yogurt Market Key Players
Some of the major players operating in yogurt market includes Danone Groupe SA, Ultima Foods Inc, Chobani Inc., Sodiaal S.A, NESTLÉ SA, General Mills, and Kraft Foods Group, Inc , Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd among others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Yoghurt Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Yogurt Market Segments
- Yogurt Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Yogurt Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Yogurt Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Yogurt Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Yogurt Market includes
US & Canada
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Yogurt Market changing market dynamics of the industry
- Yogurt Market in-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Yogurt Market Recent industry trends and developments
- Yogurt Market Competitive landscape
- Yogurt Market Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- Yogurt Market neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Yoghurt Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Yoghurt Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Yoghurt Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Yoghurt Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)