This Aircraft Battery market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Aircraft Battery market.
The global aviation industry is looking forward towards increasing development of robust and high density aircraft battery that would cater to the airplane battery pack power requirements. Aviation industry is witnessed to make a major shift towards MEA (more electric architecture) for improved and sustainable batteries, which in turn fuels the growth of the aircraft battery market.
Preference for Electrical Systems to Offer Promising Opportunities for Aircraft Battery Market Manufacturers
Emergence of aircrafts payload reduction is likely to witness a significant contribution from aircraft battery manufacturers in the near future. While aircraft OEMs are extending their efforts towards the development of lightweight products, aircraft battery manufacturers have been recently focusing on manufacturing batteries that are lightweight, low maintenance, and easy to operate. With growing shift towards electrical systems, demand and supply of better and advanced batteries is expected to provide promising opportunities for manufacturers in the aircraft battery market. In addition, long-term contracts with key market stakeholders is likely to be the key strategy adopted by leading players for gaining competitive edge in aircraft battery market.
- Silver-zinc technology provides distinct benefits compared to other rechargeable battery These micro-batteries offer greater energy compared to size rechargeable lithium ion batteries. Considering the benefits of silver-zinc technology, Navy underwater warfare experts of U.S. are closely working with EaglePicher and BST Systems for proving rechargeable silver-zinc battery cells of 750amp per hour. This technology will be integrated in several undersea vehicles for deep submergence application purposes.
- Concorde Battery Corporation recently launched a new aircraft battery known as NEW Platinum Series® RG-624 (24 Ah) that would be highly beneficial for MD Helicopters. These upgraded aircraft batteries cater to the power requirements by 85%, thereby offering aircraft with stronger starts, reduced engine wear and prolonged service life.
- Saft recently announced the success of its Mobile Asteroid Surface Scout, which is an asteroid lander introduced for researching origins of the solar system. This technology had relied on Saft battery system for power source purposes. Lithium-based battery systems of Saft offer reliable power, which can be highly beneficial for aircraft battery market manufacturers as well.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Technological Advancements to Play a Significant Role in Aircraft Battery Market Growth
Stellar increase in air travel is leading to the launch of new aircrafts, thereby driving the growth of the aircraft battery market. OEMs are working towards increasing production output for aircraft, which is likely to bode well for acceleration of aircraft battery market growth. Growing demand for unmanned aerial vehicles in civil and commercial applications is expected to significantly drive the demand and supply of aircraft battery. Increasing adoption of electric aircraft technology, especially in commercial aircrafts is anticipated to stimulate the growth of the aircraft battery market.
Rapidly increasing need for longevity and high-energy storage capacities is turning to be the major trend in the aircraft battery market. Growing need for innovative and advanced battery solutions for non-traditional aircraft is expected to create significant growth opportunities for the aircraft battery market. In addition, increasing usage of fuel cells for reducing carbon emissions and surging need for enhanced battery management systems will further create growth opportunities for aircraft battery market.
However, high initial cost related to expensive raw materials is a major factor restraining the growth of aircraft battery market. High risk hazards and service costs in relation to regular maintenance requirements is another factor hindering the growth of the aircraft battery market. Moreover, constant challenges faced by aircraft battery manufacturers by environmental watchers and government bodies is leading to development of aircraft battery with minimal pollution effects. Operational challenges related to aircraft battery that is based on lithium is expected to considerably impact the aircraft battery market growth.
Lithium Ion Batteries to Gain Significant Traction in the Aircraft Battery Market
Compared to other batteries such as nickel cadmium batteries, lithium ion batteries are considered more efficient. Aircraft manufacturers such as Boeing exhibit surging demand for lithium ion batteries in their main batteries and APU. Rising need for electric aircraft across the commercial aviation fleet will further drive demand for lithium ion batteries in the aircraft battery market.
Rapidly Increasing Aircraft Fleet Size to Accelerate Growth of theAircraft Battery Market in Developing Regions
The aviation industry in Asia Pacific is taking immense efforts to stay at the forefront of all regions on account of rising inclination towards air travel. Narrow body aircrafts are witnessing significant demand in the APAC aircraft battery market. China has been heading towards making heavy investments in manufacturing its own aircraft by breaking the duopoly of Airbus and Boeing. This is done for reducing cost and improving its manufacturing prowess, positively impacting the growth of APAC aircraft battery market. Furthermore, surging demand for commercial aircrafts and emerging regional aircraft and increasing defense spending is likely to accelerate the growth of APAC aircraft battery market.
Constant increase in air travelers and rapidly increasing reputed airline carriers in Europe and North America is expected to fuel the revenue growth of the regions’ aircraft battery markets. Significant increase in airplane fleet with rising production of military and commercial aircraft is expected to stimulate the growth of the North America aircraft battery market.
The report offers detailed insights on market dynamics that helps businesses in identifying the opportunities prevailing and emerging in the aircraft battery and aviation industry. A detailed analysis on aircraft battery market highlights the in-depth evaluation of global market with incorporation of historical data, valuable figures, facts and insights. The statistically held and industry-validated data benefits in conveying a transparent information about current market scenario, thus projecting future opportunities. The report on aircraft battery market includes assessments utilizing suitable set of ideas and methodologies and offers information and analysis based on market characteristics such as application, geography and technology.
Aircraft Battery Market Analysis Covers:
- Supply chain analysis, industry life-cycle study and overview
- DROTs analysis
- Attractive market segments with related growth opportunities
- Aircraft battery market size
- Supply and demand
- Forecast study and market trend
- Detailed profiling of existing and emerging market players
- Technological developments and its scope
Aircraft Battery Market Geographical Landscape Includes:
- Aircraft Battery Market of North America (Canada, U.S.)
- Aircraft Battery Market of Latin America (Rest of the Latin America, Brazil, Mexico)
- Aircraft Battery Market of Eastern Europe (Rest Of the Eastern Europe, Russia, Poland)
- Aircraft Battery Market of Western Europe (Luxembourg, Netherlands, Belgium, Nordic Countries, Spain, U.K, France, Italy, Germany)
- Aircraft Battery Market of Asia Pacific (New Zealand, Australia, ASEAN, India and China)
- Aircraft Battery Market of Japan
- Aircraft Battery Market of Middle East and Africa (North Africa, South Africa, GCC Countries, Rest of MEA)
The research report offers market intelligence in utmost comprehensive way. Structure of the report holistically provides maximum business value. High-quality quantitative and qualitative insights are offered in the aircraft battery market report and is the resultant of in-depth research methodology consisting of extensive secondary research, thorough interviews with the industry shareholders. Secondary sources are inclusive of articles, white papers, journals and company annual reports.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Aircraft Battery Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Aircraft Battery Market : Segmentation
Aircraft Battery Market Is Categorized Based on Sales Channel, Battery Type and Aircraft Type
On the basis of sales channel, aircraft battery market has been segmented into
On the basis of battery type, aircraft battery market has been classified into
- Lithium ion battery
- Nickel metal hydride battery
- Nickel cadmium battery
- Lead acid battery
On the basis of aircraft type, aircraft battery market has been fragmented into
- Regional aircraft
- Very large body aircraft
- Wide body aircraft
- Narrow body aircraft
Aircraft Battery Market Report Focuses On:
- In-depth summary of parent market
- SWOT analysis on aircraft battery market
- In-depth aircraft battery market segment forecast and trend
- Historical, on-going and forecasted market size based on volume and value
- Existing and emerging industry developments and trends
- Benchmarking of leading players based on strategic alliances, regional presence, geographical reach and product portfolio
- Imperative information for aircraft battery market players in order to maintain their global position and business expansion
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Aircraft Battery Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Aircraft Battery Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Aircraft Battery Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Aircraft Battery Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.