This Alginic Acid market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Alginic Acid market.
Seaweeds are classified into brown, red and green based on its pigmentation. Alginic acid is also known as alginate is hydrophilic colloidal polysaccharide obtained from the brown seaweed. It is a naturally occurring linear copolymer popular for its varied industrial applications. The term Alginate is used for its salts derived from sargassum seaweed i.e. brown algae and alginic acid itself. It is present in the brown algae cell walls. It has a color range from white to yellowish- brown powder. It is used majorly in processed food. When combined with aluminum hydroxide and magnesium carbonate, alginic acid forms antacids.
Global Alginic Acid: Market Dynamics
The global alginic acid market is driven by the food industry. The alginic acid market is driven by various factors such as increasing demand for the processed food, meat products, and dairy products in food and beverage industries. The alginic acid and its salts are used in varied medical applications such as ailments, curing infections and healing wounds. Moreover, the properties of alginic acid and its salts favoring the market are water absorption quality used in dehydrated products such as paper and textiles. The extensive industrial and commercial use of the alginic acid attracts the potential market players towards the alginic acid and its salts and thus favors the market growth. The global alginic acid market is expected to gain traction in the forecast period with the significant CAGR owing to the health benefits and commercial applications.
However, the factors affecting the alginic acid market is the costly cultivation of brown seaweeds as they cannot be cultivated by vegetable means. Apart from this, the growth of the market can be stagnant due to possible side effects of the alginic acid, such as stomach swelling and in rare cases heart failure. It should be avoided by the geriatric patients and in the case of renal dysfunction.
Global Alginic Acid: Segment Overview
The alginic acid market is segmented based on its salts. It is segmented into sodium, potassium and calcium alginate. The sodium salt of alginic acid is Sodium alginate with the molecular formula NaC6H7O6. It is extracted from brown seaweed. The potassium alginate salt is extracted from the seaweed and has a chemical formula KC6H7O6. Calcium alginate is obtained by replacing sodium with the calcium in the sodium alginate salt. It has chemical formula C12H14CaO12. It is also segmented into lithium, magnesium, and propylene glycol alginate. By its industrial use, alginic acid is segmented into food and beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, leisure, paper and textile, art and craft, and technical and industrial.
In textile and paper industry, alginic acid is used for waterproofing and fireproofing fabrics. In beverages and jellies, it is used as a thickening agent. In technical and industrial applications, alginic acid is used in casting, textile screen printing, welding rods, and paints and dyes. In leisure industries, it is popularly used in face masks. In food and beverage, it is used as a meat binder, preserves frozen fish. In arts and crafts, alginic acid is used for craft castings, fine art castings, and taxidermy. Owing to its healing power, an alginic acid is utilized in the dietary supplements especially in slimming aids. It is also beneficial in tablet binder and dissolver. As it quickly absorbs water, alginic acid is widely used in cosmetics as moisture retainer and thickener especially in lipsticks. Based on functional uses, it is segmented into a gelling agent, as an adhesive, in welding rod coatings, in dyes and paints, as a thickening agent, and as moisture retainer in the personal care products.
Global Alginic Acid: Regional Overview
Regionally, the global alginic acid market is divided into Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America, North America, Asia Pacific, Japan and the Middle East and Africa. The global alginic acid market is dominated by the Europe and North America owing to increasing number of food and beverage industries. Due to growing demand for packaged food, meat products, and pharmaceutical uses, Asia Pacific is expected to have significant contribution in the alginic acid market in the forecast period. Alginic acid along with its salts is expected to gain traction regarding market share shortly.
Global Alginic Acid: Players
The prominent players contributing in the alginic acid market growth are KIMICA Corporation, SNAP Natural & Alginate Products, Cargill Incorporated, IRO Alginate, Qingdao AllforlongBio-Tech Co. Ltd, Qingdao Rongde Seaweed Co., Ltd., and Qingdao Bright Moon Seaweed Group Co., Ltd., Lianyungang huanyu seaweed Co. Ltd, Qingdao Gather Great Ocean Algae Industry Group Co., Ltd., Protan AS, Qingdao Fengrun Seaweed Co Ltd.
Regional analysis for Walnut Milk Market includes:
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific (excluding Japan)
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Alginic Acid Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Alginic Acid: Segmentation
Based on its salts, alginic acid is segmented into
- Sodium Alginate
- Potassium Alginate
- Calcium Alginate
- Ammonium Alginate
- Propylene Glycol Alginate
Based on its Industry use, Alginic acid is segmented into
- Food Industry
- Art and Crafts
- Textile and Paper Industry
- Industries and Technical
- Leisure Industry
- Air fresher
Based on functional usage, alginic acid is segmented into
- Moisture Retainer
- Thickening agent
- A gelling agent
- Foaming and emulsifying agent
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Alginic Acid Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Alginic Acid Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Alginic Acid Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Alginic Acid Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)