This Antifreeze Proteins market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Antifreeze Proteins market.
Antifreeze Proteins: The Next-gen Novel Food Ingredient
Over the years, a large number of industries continue to experience significant changes in terms of production and technology to meet ever-evolving consumers’ expectations. As consumers are taking a more holistic view of health, wellness, and nutrition, food and healthcare industries are currently on the journey of exploring newer ingredients that address specific needs. Protein ingredients in particular, have been witnessing significant investments and innovations, on the account of growing consumer’s interest in boosting protein intake with more attention being paid to specific types of proteins and their sources. In addition, the unstoppable rise of vegan culture has brought numerous plant-based proteins including soy, wheat, and pea protein in the marketplace. Future Market Insights, in its new study, turns the spotlight on relatively new form of protein – antifreeze protein, and discusses its potential application in food and healthcare industry.
Antifreeze proteins (AFPs) have evolved in many different species, ranging from fungi and bacteria to plants and fish, as a natural response to freezing cold. These proteins help combat the deadly growth of ice crystals that damage cells, allowing organisms to thrive in extreme environments. With advancements in science behind antifreeze protein and its potential application in cryonics and in controlling the growth ice crystals in frozen food, the antifreeze protein market is expected to grow on a steady pace in near future.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Antifreeze Proteins Market - Notable Developments
The antifreeze proteins market is still in its infancy, with complex processing required for isolation of protein indicating a high financial toll on R&D activities. Some of the key players operating in the antifreeze proteins market include Sirona Biochem, ProtoKinetix, Aquabounty technologies, Kaneka corp., and Unilever.
- In April 2019, AquaBounty Technologies Inc. that conducts R&D of the commercial viability of antifreeze proteins announced the approval of its Rollo Bay production facility by Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) for commercial manufacture and growth of AquAdvantage Salmon.
- In October 2018, Unilever that sells antifreeze proteins under the name of ice structuring proteins launched its first premium probiotic ice cream brand – Culture Republick. The product range includes seven flavours and each pint tub carries three billion live active cultures, with no artificial sweeteners.
- In June 2018, ProtoKinetix announced that it has signed a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) with a reputed, international biotech company to test effects of its AAGP® on three significant projects.
Key Factors Shaping Antifreeze Proteins Market
- Increasing Range of Biomedical Applications
In the healthcare industry, antifreeze proteins are increasingly finding a broad range of application in cryosurgeries and organ transplantation, which involve freezing body tissues for preservation or later use. In recent years, the healthcare space has been paying more attention to investments in novel processes and technologies to ensure better lifestyle of patients. This, in turn, is expected to influence the growth of the antifreeze proteins market.
Cryonics have been used to preserve the entire body or single organs. However, the organs for transplantation do not remain viable on ice for longer period of time, as the tissues deteriorate rapidly. Antifreeze protein lowers the freezing point of water and counteract the recrystallization effect, thereby enabling human organs to be frozen without being damaged by ice crystals. As research on molecular structure and mechanism of antifreeze proteins advances, the use of these proteins in skin transplantation and vaccine storage is expected to gain momentum in years ahead.
- Future Possibilities for Use in Food Industry
In the current scenario, application of antifreeze proteins in food is still largely found in patent and a few publications. However, food industry is considered to be prominent sector where antifreeze proteins can find numerous applications.
In ice cream industry, fluctuation of temperature during freezing has long been a challenge for manufacturers. Additionally, formation of large crystals during refreezing has a negative impact on texture and organoleptic properties of the ice cream. Studies have shown that addition of small quantity of antifreeze proteins in sample of commercially available food products prevents crystallization during refreezing and storage. These factors are expected to potentially raise the demand for antifreeze proteins.
With frozen ready meal staging a comeback, on the account of growing consumers demand for convenience, the application scope of antifreeze proteins is increasing across a wide range of products. The ice recrystallization inhibition property of antifreeze proteins shows a promising potential to be used in frozen meat and fish, which helps reduce drip loss. In addition, shelf-life issues associated with frozen dough can be improved by antifreeze proteins, as these have been found effective in improving water-holding capacity.
However, it is pertinent to note that, the use of antifreeze protein will depend on its cost, as it is suitable only for research and specialty items. In addition, lack of sufficient information about the nature of interaction between antifreeze protein and ice and water promotes strong requirements of further scientific studies and investigations.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Antifreeze Proteins Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Antifreeze Proteins Market Size
- Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to antifreeze proteins market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Antifreeze Proteins Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Antifreeze Proteins
- Value Chain Analysis of the Antifreeze Proteins market
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on antifreeze proteins market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Antifreeze Proteins Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Antifreeze Protein Market: Segmentation:
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments for yorker spouts market
- Competitive landscape for yorker spouts market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Antifreeze Proteins Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Antifreeze Proteins Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Antifreeze Proteins Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Antifreeze Proteins Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)