This Asthma And Copd Biomarkers market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Asthma And Copd Biomarkers market.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) are a group of progressive lung diseases which interfere with the airflow and make it difficult to breathe. The lung disease include non-reversible asthma, emphysema chronic bronchitis. The air flow is narrowed due to the damage of the lung tissues. Air pollution and smoking are the main risk factors of this disease. COPD is a common and incurable disease which is characterized by increased breathlessness, persistent respiratory symptoms and airflow limitations. The biomarkers are obtained in the form of bronchi alveolar fluids sputum, blood, urine and exhaled breath. These compounds are produced by the metabolic process in the body and are non-invasive metabolic markers. These biomarkers provide information to verify the disease, its stage, treatment and responses.
Factor driving the Asthma and COPD Biomarker market
Asthma and COPD biomarker market is primarily driven by the increasing smoking rate and growing pollution levels. According to WHO reports 64 million people had COPD and 3 million people died of COPD in 2004. Long-term exposure to chemical fumes, vapours and dusts are also some factors which are causing COPD and driving the market. Moreover the demand of breath analyzers is increasing in schools hospitals and other institutions to ensure the safety of the individuals.
The COPD biomarkers are non-invasive and are produced by the metabolic process in the body in the form of urine, sputum, and by exhaled breath etc. Increased levels of FeNO (Fractional exhaled nitric oxide) in exhaled breath is obtained by the hand held breath analyzers. These devices are easy to use and quick in diagnoses of the disease. Fibrinogen as a biomarker is measured in the plasma. Its increased levels provide the severity of COPD, airflow colonization and emphysema. The increased level of fibrinogen, white blood cells and C- reactive protein (CRP) combined together is accounted as a major risk for COPD. However, lack of awareness and diagnosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases is hindering the growth of asthma and COPD biomarker market. Also if the disease is not detected at the earliest stage it could lead to respiratory infections, heart problems, lung cancer and high blood pressure. The overall market of asthma and COPD biomarker is pushed by the increasing demand of growing expenditure on healthcare. Asthma and COPD biomarker market offers the potential to identify disease in its earliest phase and the technology in the devices and the test kits holds a strong perception in future with its continued investment.
Regional Market Outlook
Geographically, asthma and COPD biomarker market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa and Japan. The market in North America is expected to dominate the asthma and COPD biomarker market globally followed by Europe, North America is the dominant asthma and COPD biomarker market due incidences and prevalence of chronic pulmonary diseases in the region due to astringent and powerful regulations for the patient care and safety. The market in Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at a higher rate with the awareness programs and with the increasing chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases in the population. In addition, government initiatives on providing better healthcare facilities to the population contribute to the growth of the asthma and COPD biomarker market. With the availability of new technologies in regions such as Asia Pacific and Latin America is going to further spur revenue growth during the forecast period.
Some of the major players identified in Asthma and COPD biomarker market are Spirosure inc. GE Healthcare, Astrazeneca, Owlstone Medical Ltd, Circassia Limited, Bedfont® Scientific Ltd., ECO MEDICS AG., Vitalograph, Mologic ltd, Akers Biosciences, Inc etc. The Companies are involved in collaboration agreements for R&D in order to exploit maximum potential. Also they are mainly focused to strengthen the core competencies of their product portfolio with the increasing demand for the diagnosis of COPD and asthma.
Small Scale Manufacturers/Providers
Medium Scale Manufacturers/Providers
Large Scale Manufacturers/Providers
The market sizing of Asthma and COPD biomarker market will be done by adoption data triangulation approach. Demand side approach will be followed to assess the actual market size of Asthma and COPD biomarker. Secondary research is used at the initial phase to identify the feasibility of the target products/technology categories and its respective segments, product and service offerings, equipment installed base in end use facilities, adoption rate and future impact of new technologies. Additionally, per capita consumption of test and among end users is tracked at a granular level to obtain the most accurate information. Each piece of information is eventually analyzed during the entire research project which builds a strong base for the primary research information.
Primary research participants include demand-side respondents such as physicians, laboratory and diagnostic laboratory managers, procurement managers, research supervisors at academic and research institutes, as well as key opinion leaders in addition to supply-side respondents such as equipment and reagent manufacturers, custom solution and service providers who provide valuable insights on trends, research application of products and technologies, purchasing patterns, services offered and associated pricing.
Key data points covered in report
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Asthma and COPD biomarker market by target areas, modality, end user and region
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa by method type, end user and country segments
- Asthma and COPD biomarker Market Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Asthma and COPD biomarker market Size & Forecast 2018-2028
- Asthma and COPD biomarker Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Asthma And Copd Biomarkers Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Market by application
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Refractory Asthma
Market by Test Type
- Breath Analyzing
- Sputum tests
- Urine tests
- Plasma tests
Market by End user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Asthma Clinics
Market by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape, market structure, regulatory scenario
- Epidemiology outlook for diseases
- Economical spending, regional healthcare outlook, consumer healthcare expenditure
- Availability of device, cost of the test, specificity and sensitivity
- Strategies for key players and product offerings, Channel strategies, regional foot print, channel footprint
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance in terms of value and volume
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Asthma And Copd Biomarkers Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Asthma And Copd Biomarkers Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Asthma And Copd Biomarkers Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Asthma And Copd Biomarkers Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)