This Automated Compounding Systems market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automated Compounding Systems market.
An automated compounding system is a device that aseptically combines one or more drug solutions to a final container for patient administration. Earlier these processes were carried out manually. However with the introduction of automated compounding systems the accuracy and efficiency of dispensing compounded products has dramatically improved. This also reduces the exposure of healthcare professionals to toxic agents.
There are two main methods on which the technology of the automated compounding systems is based on, these include the gravimetric method and the volumetric methods. The gravimetric automated compounding systems use specific gravity to determine the weight to be transferred. While the volumetric automated compounding system determines the volume of solution that need to be transferred to the final container.
The automated compounding systems have a wide range of component ports that meet the need of the users. The macro automated compounding system have about 1 to 9 ports, the micro automated compounding systems have about 10 ports while the macro/micro automated have about 12 to 24 ports. These devices also have a varied pricing based on the configuration of the automated compounding systems.
The higher the volume of delivery more accurate the automated compounding systems. Most manufacturers offer a variety of delivery volumes. This results in a tradeoff between speed and accuracy. Every facility has a different degree of acceptable accuracy. Thus the manufacturers offer a wide range of volume in the automated compounding systems range thereby addressing most need of customers.
Automated Compounding Systems Market: Drivers and Restraints
Increase in adoption of chemotherapy and personalized medicine favor the growth of the automated compounding systems. Reduced hospital costs and cost per dose, increased efficiency and accuracy, reduced exposure of cytotoxic compounds to personnel, reduced risk of contamination are some of the advantages of using automated compounding systems. However, high cost of the device and stringent regulations are some of the factors that may hinder the growth of the market through the forecast period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Automated Compounding Systems Market: Overview
The automated compounding systems is broadly classified based on volume the system can deliver. The macro automated compounding systems deliver 1-4000ml, while the micro and macro/micro automated compounding delivers from 0.2 ml to manufacturer’s settings. The automated compounding systems can also be classified based on the technology used as gravimetric automated compounding systems and volumetric compounding systems. These systems are commonly used in both hospitals and pharmacies and can be used for compounding powders and liquids. Chemotherapy dugs are most often compounded using automated compounding systems.
Automated Compounding Systems Market: Regional Outlook
North America has a high adoption rate for the automated compounding systems owing to the favourable reduced cost per dose and other similar advantages of the system. The region has experienced a continued high adoption of new technology that resulted in the healthy growth rate of the automated compounding systems in North America. Europe is the next most lucrative market for the automated compounding systems.
Automated Compounding Systems Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in the automated compounding systems market include, Baxter Healthcare Corporation, COMECER S.p.A., ICU Medical, Inc., Omnicell, Inc., Grifols International, S.A., Equashield, B. Braun Medical Inc., Intelligent Hospital Systems, among others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Automated Compounding Systems Market Segments
- Automated Compounding Systems Market Dynamics
- Automated Compounding Systems Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Rest of South Asia)
- Oceania (Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automated Compounding Systems Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Automated Compounding Systems Market: Segmentation
The global automated compounding systems market is segmented by product type, technology, end user and region
Based on product type, the global automated compounding systems market is segmented into:
- Macro Automated Compounding Systems
- Micro Automated Compounding Systems
- Macro/Micro Automated Compounding Systems
Based on technology, the global automated compounding systems market is segmented into:
- Gravimetric Automated Compounding Systems
- Volumetric Automated Compounding Systems
Based on the end user, the global automated compounding systems market is segmented into:
- Chemotherapy Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Automated Compounding Systems Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Automated Compounding Systems Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Automated Compounding Systems Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Automated Compounding Systems Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)