This Automotive Foams market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Foams market.
Automotive foams are generally polymer foams and are made up of gas and solid phase mixed together to form a foam which is achieved by combining the two phases too briskly for the system to respond in a smooth fashion. The resulting foam is incorporated with either air bubbles or air tunnels also known as either closed cell structure or open cell structure. Open cell foams are usually flexible, while closed cell foams are generally rigid. The gas involved in the manufacturing of automotive foam can either be chemical or physical and is termed as a blowing agent. Physical blowing agents are those gases which are not involved in direct chemical reaction in the foaming process and thus are inert in nature whereas chemical blowing agents are those gases that take part in the chemical reaction and thus decompose to release chemicals in the foaming process. Polymer foams can be produced through various methods including extrusion, slab-stock by pouring and different types of molding. There are various types of polymer foams including polyurethane, biodegradable foams, starch foams among others. Polymer foams find their applications in various sectors including automotive, packaging, building & construction, furniture & bedding among others. Major methods of manufacturing automotive foams are molding and slabstock.
Global Automotive Foams Market: Segmentation
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Automotive Foams Market: Dynamics
Various properties of automotive/ polymer foams including low density, weight reduction characteristics and cost effectiveness are some of the main reasons driving the global automotive foams market. Moreover, automotive foams are optimal insulators with low heat transfer properties, which is a key factor fuelling the demand for automotive foams over other alternatives thus in turn driving the overall global automotive foams market. Flexibility and softness of automotive foams also provide extra comfort to the passengers which is a major factor pumping the growth of the global automotive foams market. Furthermore, growing consumer preference for polymer foams in vehicles and increasing manufacturer’s inclination towards automotive foam products in commercial vehicle applications is a major factor driving the demand for automotive foams thus fuelling the overall global automotive foams market.
The major challenges involved in the global automotive foams market include waste disposal, flammability, recyclability and others. Moreover, adverse effects of blowing agents on the environment is another major challenge hampering the growth of the global automotive foams market. Stringent government regulations on the adverse effects of chloro-fluoro-carbons (CFCs) involved in the manufacture of polymer foams is another key factor restraining the growth of the global automotive foams market.
Global Automotive Foams Market: Region-wise Outlook
Considering regions, North America in the global automotive foams market is anticipated to dominate the other regions throughout the forecast period followed by Western Europe. Moreover, APAC is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period. The global automotive foams market is divided into seven key regions including North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Middle East & Africa and Japan.
Global Automotive Foams Market: Key Players
The key players involved in the manufacture of automotive foams include Woodbridge Foam Corporation, Bridgestone Corporation, Johnson Controls, The Dow Chemical Company, BASF Chemical Company, Lear Corporation, Vitafoams, Saint-Gobain, Armacell, Recticel among others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Foams Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Foams Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Foams Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Foams Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Foams Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.