This Baking Soda Substitute market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Baking Soda Substitute market.
Market Outlook for Baking Soda Substitute:
The baking soda (also known as sodium bicarbonate) is a chemical leavening agent that is mainly used in the bakery industry as it improves the texture and quality of the product. But there are various baking soda substitutes that are available in the market. The baking soda substitute perform similar functions and can provide some additional benefits also. The baking soda substitute varieties available in the market are baking powder, potassium bicarbonate, yeasts, etc. The baking soda substitute are available in liquid and powder form. They are used while preparing various products such as cakes, rolls, bread, pancakes etc.
The Surge in Bakery Industry to Increase the Demand for Baking Soda Substitutes
The surge in the baking industry is anticipated to increase the demand for baking soda substitutes. The increase in urbanization, changes in lifestyle, increase in the number of nuclear families and working women, the influence of western culture, etc. are some of the factors that have increased the demand for ready-to-eat bakery products. The baking soda substitute is an important ingredient that is required to improve the texture, increase the volume, enhance the flavor, improve the shelf-life, etc., and therefore, is used while preparing several bakery products. Therefore, the rapid growth of the bakery industry is estimated to have a positive impact on the baking soda substitute market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The side-effects caused by the baking soda is one of the major drivers for the baking soda substitute industry. The use of baking soda can cause some side-effects such as stomach pain, nausea, gas, and diarrhea, while the prolonged or overuse of baking soda increases the risk of hypochloremia, hypokalemia, hypernatremia, etc. Therefore, as the health awareness among the consumers is increasing, the preference for baking soda substitute is anticipated to increase.
In recent years, the consumer preference for natural ingredients is increasing. The consumers are inclined toward the use of clean-label products. The presence of natural substitutes such as eggs and yeast prove to be a suitable option for the manufacturers of the food industry to develop clean-label products using such baking soda substitute. The development of clean-label products would help to attract health-conscious consumers. Therefore, the presence of natural ingredients is anticipated to increase the for baking soda substitute market.
Global Baking Soda Substitute Market: Key Participants
The key market players are Archer Daniels Midland Co., Cargill, Inc., Corbion N.V., AB Mauri, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Corbion N.V., Lesaffre et Compagnie, SA, Lallemand Inc., Kudos Blends Limited., BHS Specialty Chemical Products, etc., among the others.
Global Baking Soda Substitute Market: Key Developments
The key market players are focusing on mergers and acquisitions to expand their product portfolio and increase their production capacity, to fulfill the consumer needs. In 2018, Lesaffre acquired a major stake in the Rayen Food Industries in Tunisian, which majorly focuses on the production of baker’s yeast. With this acquisition, Lessafre has strengthened its position in the African region.
Opportunities for Baking Soda Substitute Market Participants:
The bakery industry is expected to grow at a rapid rate in the Asia Pacific region. China and India are anticipated to show a high growth rate of bakery industry. Consumers in India are becoming aware of the Western and French-style pastries and are demanding innovative bakery products. The rise in the demand for bakery products creates an opportunity for the use of baking soda substitute, and thus, the sales for baking soda substitute is expected to increase in the Asia Pacific region.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the baking soda substitute market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, application, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Baking Soda Substitute Market Segments
- Baking Soda Substitute Market Dynamics
- Baking Soda Substitute Market Size
- Baking Soda Substitute Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Baking Soda Substitute Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Baking Soda Substitute Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Baking Soda Substitute
- Value Chain Analysis of the Baking Soda Substitute Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Baking Soda Substitute Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Baking Soda Substitute Market: Segmentation:
The global Baking Soda Substitute market is segmented on the basis of form, variety, end-use, and distribution channel-
Baking Soda Substitute market segmentation on the basis of the form:
Baking Soda Substitute market segmentation on the basis of variety:
- Baking powder
- Potassium bicarbonate
- Others (e.g. Ammonium bicarbonate, etc.)
Baking Soda Substitute market segmentation on the basis of end-use:
- Frozen bakery products
- Cakes and pastries
- Biscuits and cookies
- Rolls and pies
Baking Soda Substitute market segmentation on the basis of distribution channel:
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retailers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the baking soda substitute market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the baking soda substitute market
- Competitive landscape of the baking soda substitute market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on baking soda substitute market performance
- Must-have information for baking soda substitute market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Baking Soda Substitute Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Baking Soda Substitute Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Baking Soda Substitute Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Baking Soda Substitute Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)