Market Outlook for Baking Soda Substitute:
The baking soda (also known as sodium bicarbonate) is a chemical leavening agent that is mainly used in the bakery industry as it improves the texture and quality of the product. But there are various baking soda substitutes that are available in the market. The baking soda substitute perform similar functions and can provide some additional benefits also. The baking soda substitute varieties available in the market are baking powder, potassium bicarbonate, yeasts, etc. The baking soda substitute are available in liquid and powder form. They are used while preparing various products such as cakes, rolls, bread, pancakes etc.
The Surge in Bakery Industry to Increase the Demand for Baking Soda Substitutes
The surge in the baking industry is anticipated to increase the demand for baking soda substitutes. The increase in urbanization, changes in lifestyle, increase in the number of nuclear families and working women, the influence of western culture, etc. are some of the factors that have increased the demand for ready-to-eat bakery products. The baking soda substitute is an important ingredient that is required to improve the texture, increase the volume, enhance the flavor, improve the shelf-life, etc., and therefore, is used while preparing several bakery products. Therefore, the rapid growth of the bakery industry is estimated to have a positive impact on the baking soda substitute market.
The side-effects caused by the baking soda is one of the major drivers for the baking soda substitute industry. The use of baking soda can cause some side-effects such as stomach pain, nausea, gas, and diarrhea, while the prolonged or overuse of baking soda increases the risk of hypochloremia, hypokalemia, hypernatremia, etc. Therefore, as the health awareness among the consumers is increasing, the preference for baking soda substitute is anticipated to increase.
In recent years, the consumer preference for natural ingredients is increasing. The consumers are inclined toward the use of clean-label products. The presence of natural substitutes such as eggs and yeast prove to be a suitable option for the manufacturers of the food industry to develop clean-label products using such baking soda substitute. The development of clean-label products would help to attract health-conscious consumers. Therefore, the presence of natural ingredients is anticipated to increase the for baking soda substitute market.
Global Baking Soda Substitute Market: Key Participants
The key market players are Archer Daniels Midland Co., Cargill, Inc., Corbion N.V., AB Mauri, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Corbion N.V., Lesaffre et Compagnie, SA, Lallemand Inc., Kudos Blends Limited., BHS Specialty Chemical Products, etc., among the others.
Global Baking Soda Substitute Market: Key Developments
The key market players are focusing on mergers and acquisitions to expand their product portfolio and increase their production capacity, to fulfill the consumer needs. In 2018, Lesaffre acquired a major stake in the Rayen Food Industries in Tunisian, which majorly focuses on the production of baker’s yeast. With this acquisition, Lessafre has strengthened its position in the African region.
Opportunities for Baking Soda Substitute Market Participants:
The bakery industry is expected to grow at a rapid rate in the Asia Pacific region. China and India are anticipated to show a high growth rate of bakery industry. Consumers in India are becoming aware of the Western and French-style pastries and are demanding innovative bakery products. The rise in the demand for bakery products creates an opportunity for the use of baking soda substitute, and thus, the sales for baking soda substitute is expected to increase in the Asia Pacific region.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the baking soda substitute market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, application, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Baking Soda Substitute Market Segments
- Baking Soda Substitute Market Dynamics
- Baking Soda Substitute Market Size
- Baking Soda Substitute Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Baking Soda Substitute Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Baking Soda Substitute Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Baking Soda Substitute
- Value Chain Analysis of the Baking Soda Substitute Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Global Baking Soda Substitute Market: Segmentation:
The global Baking Soda Substitute market is segmented on the basis of form, variety, end-use, and distribution channel-
Baking Soda Substitute market segmentation on the basis of the form:
Baking Soda Substitute market segmentation on the basis of variety:
- Baking powder
- Potassium bicarbonate
- Others (e.g. Ammonium bicarbonate, etc.)
Baking Soda Substitute market segmentation on the basis of end-use:
- Frozen bakery products
- Cakes and pastries
- Biscuits and cookies
- Rolls and pies
Baking Soda Substitute market segmentation on the basis of distribution channel:
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retailers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the baking soda substitute market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the baking soda substitute market
- Competitive landscape of the baking soda substitute market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on baking soda substitute market performance
- Must-have information for baking soda substitute market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.