This Bergamot Extract market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Bergamot Extract market.
Market Outlook for Bergamot Extract:
Bergamot extract is obtained from a rare citrus fruit, Citrus Bergamot, which is predominantly produced in Southern Italy. Bergamot extract is rich in free radical scavengers such as flavonoids. Bergamot extract contains around five unique antioxidant polyphenolic compounds that provide various health benefits. Bergamot extract helps to maintain the normal cholesterol levels and aids blood glucose metabolism. Bergamot extract has antimicrobial properties and therefore has application in the pharmaceutical industry. It has a subtle and fresh flavor and is therefore used as a flavoring ingredient in baked products, ice-creams, etc. It also has applications in industries such as dietary supplement, beverage, nutraceutical, cosmetic, etc.
Increase in Sales of Dietary Supplement Likely to Enable the Growth of Bergamot Extract Market
The increase in health and fitness trends amongst the consumers may serve as one of the drivers for the increase in the market of bergamot extract. The demand for dietary supplements is increasing at a very rapid rate. More than 70% of American adults take at least one type of dietary supplement. Also, consumers prefer the use of plant-based products as there might be some side-effects due to the use of animal-based products and therefore bergamot extract can be used by the manufacturers of dietary supplement industry to develop plant-based supplements.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Statins are the drugs that are used to maintain cholesterol levels but statin is not suitable for all consumers as some might have side-effects and develop statin intolerance. Bergamot extract has “statin-like” mode of action which helps to regulate the cholesterol levels and therefore can be used by the pharmaceutical industry to develop new drugs that can be used by the consumers that have developed statin-intolerance. Therefore, the use of bergamot extract to develop pharmaceutical drugs might help increase its demand.
In recent years, due to an increase in health awareness among the consumers, they prefer not only health food but are switching towards the use of health food ingredients and therefore the trend for clean-label food products is increasing. More than 80% of the consumers understand the connection between nutrition and health and therefore prefer the use of food products that contain healthy ingredients. Therefore the manufacturers of the food and beverage industry can use bergamot extract as a food ingredient, as it has antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties which provide various health benefits such as regulates cholesterol levels, supports cardiovascular health, etc. Bergamot extract can be used for preparing a variety of food products such as cakes, cookies, jelly, etc. Bergamot extract has a wide range of applications and is aligned with the current consumer trends and therefore the market for bergamot extract might increase.
The presence of similar products might serve as a major restraint for the bergamot extract market. There are many companies that are keeping track of the current market trends and are trying to develop plant-based products that have high nutritive value and therefore the high competition in the market can affect the growth of bergamot extract market.
Global Bergamot Extract: Key Market Participants
The key market players are H&AD s.r.l., Jarrow Formulas, BergaMet NA, HP Ingredients, Citroglobe, Nutraceuticals International Group, etc., among others.
Global Bergamot Extract: Key Developments
In 2013, Principium & Nutraceuticals International launched a new product named SelectSIEVE Bergamot which is standardized with polyphenols and has the mode of action similar to the statins. The product contains standardized glycosylated polyphenols that are obtained from Bergamot.
Opportunities for Bergamot Extract Participants:
The development of eco-friendly and cost-effective extraction process might enable the increase in the production of bergamot extract and therefore might be lucrative for use as an ingredient in various industries. The educational marketing might also help in increasing the bergamot extract market.
Brief Approach to Research
The analysis will be done a modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed Bergamot Extract understanding and assessment of the flavor, application and encapsulation process of the segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall Bergamot Extract sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the Bergamot Extract, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Bergamot Extract and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Bergamot Extract
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the Bergamot Extract structure, including a tier-wise categorization o key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the Bergamot Extract, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on Bergamot Extract segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Bergamot Extract Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Bergamot Extract: Segmentation:
The market for Bergamot Extract can be segmented on the basis of nature:
The market for Bergamot Extract can be segmented on the basis of end-use:
- Food and Beverage
- Dietary Supplements
- Others (e.g. Pharmaceutical, etc.)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing Bergamot Extract dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Bergamot Extract performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Bergamot Extract Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Bergamot Extract Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Bergamot Extract Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Bergamot Extract Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)