This Calf Milk Replacers market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Calf Milk Replacers market.
Calf Milk Replacers: A Key to Manage Modern Dairy Farm
Over the years, the dairy industry has grown significantly from its humble beginning to meet ever-growing demand for dairy products. In commercial dairy farms, it is a common practice to separate calf from cows shortly after birth. As such, dairy farmers continue to focus on growth performance using whole milk or calf milk replacers of high nutritional quality. Calf milk replacers have been garnering significant traction as they are cheaper and easier alternative to whole cow’s milk and better for preventing the spread of disease through milk. Demand for calf milk replacers has also been gaining a boost from recent research insights indicating that nutrient intake from calf milk replacer increases pre-weaning average daily gain and future milk production.
Calf milk replacers market is expected to witness a steady growth in near future, with manufacturers focusing on innovative formulation solutions that help calves gain all the essential nutrients. However, rising concerns over animal welfare issues in the dairy industry and environmental impact of animal agriculture have resulted in a shift away from animal-based products. This, in turn, is projected to represent a potential threat to future development of calf milk replacers market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Calf Milk Replacers Market Players – Notable Developments
Some of the key players operating in the calf milk replacers market include Land O'Lakes, Inc., SHV Holdings N.V., Calva Products Co., Inc., Groupe Lactalis S.A., Glanbia plc, Cargill, Incorporated, Liprovit BV, PBI/Gordon Corporation, CHS Inc., Royal FrieslandCampina N.V., and Archer-Daniels-Midland Company.
- In October 2019, Royal FrieslandCampina N.V. announced that it has entered into an agreement with Royal A-ware to expand its production and supply of mozzarella cheese. In addition to supplying milk, knowledge, and recipes, the former company will be responsible for sale of mozzarella cheese. Whereas, the latter is set to monitor the processing of milk and production of mozzarella cheese.
- In September 2019, Cargill Inc. announced reorganization of its animal nutrition business, as a response to growing concerns about animal health and wellness. The company added a new unit, ‘Cargill Health Technologies’ to its animal nutrition and health group consisting of Cargill Animal Nutrition and Cargill Aqua Nutrition.
- In June 2019, Land O’Lakes, Inc. partnered with Netherlands-based Royal Agrifirm Group to set up a dairy animal feed joint venture – Agrilakes – in China. The new company is aimed at leveraging existing market knowledge, technologies and research capabilities from both the companies to provide world-class service to feed customers and dairy farmers in China.
Key Factors Shaping Calf Milk Replacers Market
- Exponential Increase in Demand for Dairy Products
Over the years, the demand for dairy products, ranging from milk and butter to protein enriched drinks, has been moving on an upward spiral, on the account of several factors such as significant improvements in domestic and international economic conditions and widespread awareness of nutritional values of these products. This, in turn, continues to augment the demand for calf milk replacers which provide digestible protein, fortified vitamins, and essential trace minerals for optimal absorption and utilization. In the future, population growth, continued urbanization, and climate change are expected to place an added pressure on global food production systems. Dairy farms will need to be profitable yet sustainable, thereby compelling key players in the calf milk replacers market to redefine their product innovation and development strategies.
- Focus on Producing Nutrient-enriched Formula with Health-supporting Benefits
As demand for dairy products is on a significant rise, farmers are continually adopting technologies and practices that provide improved cow health, longevity, and profitable dairy farms. Whole milk contains a range of bioactive components such as growth enzymes and hormones, and has higher energy content as compared to calf milk replacers. To compensate the differences in energy supply, manufacturers are focusing on introducing nutrient-rich ingredients that help improve digestion, strengthen immunity, optimize gut pH, and maintain gut integrity of calves. In addition, several strategies, such as higher feeding rates and modifying calf milk replacer composition to increase nutrient intake, have been used to accelerate the growth rate of calves during the milk phase.
- Rise of Organic Dairy Farming and Vegan Culture to Impede Market Growth
While the world is facing a challenge in feeding its expanding population, emergence of organic and vegan trend has brought a radical upheaval in the dairy industry. In organic dairy farming, both farmers and consumers are increasingly asking for more natural calf rearing method over bucket-feeding, which is expected to create a hindrance in sales of calf milk replacers. With rise in popularity of organic milk, consumers’ interest in organic cheese and organic ice creams is increasing, thereby negatively impacting the market growth. Additionally, growing animal welfare concerns has influenced consumers to shift away from animal-based products to plant-based products. An increase in adoption of vegan diet is expected to challenge the future sales of dairy products, and subsequently demand for calf milk replacers.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Calf Milk Replacers Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Calf Milk Replacers Market Size
- Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Calf Milk Replacers Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Calf Milk Replacers Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Calf Milk Replacers
- Value Chain Analysis of the Calf Milk Replacers Market
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on calf milk replacers market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Calf Milk Replacers Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Calf Milk Replacers Market Segmentation
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments for yorker spouts market
- Competitive landscape for yorker spouts market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint