This Cargo Shipping market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Cargo Shipping market.
Trade liberalization and global economic growth boost the cargo shipping market. In the past decade cargo shipping market has fared quite successfully. With economic growth and development there is a direct increase in commodity consumption, which drives the cargo shipping market. Depending on the cargo and the type of storage, loading, unloading and securing it would require various types of ships for transportation.
Investments in port infrastructure and the global supply-demand cycle will have a positive impact on the shipping market. Growth in countries forging free trade agreements like AFTA (ASEAN Free Trade Area), TPSEP (Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership), and NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) will drive the cargo shipping market. Transport is an essential link for trading, and the aim is to obtain raw materials for manufacturing industries, or trade manufactured goods in good condition, as and when they are required. Demand and supply for sea transportation has increased and five key things to be considered in the cargo shipping market are: economy, average haul, seaborne commodity, random shocks and transport cost. The cargo shipping industry is segmented on the basis of cargo and industry type. Infrastructure initiatives such as development of new ports and extension of existing ports leads to growth of the cargo shipping market. Container cargos load food, manufacturing industry’s raw materials and electrical & electronic goods. Liquid bulk cargos are loaded with oil from the oilfields at sea – to do this they moor bow type tankers, known as shuttle tankers. Developing economies in Asia-Pacific account for the significant market share; especially China, since it is a major exporter. Growth rate in Europe is presently steady and is expected to grow in the near future; owing to various initiatives by the European Union. Middle East and African regions have the highest potential in the coming years due to availability of oilfields; this is estimated despite the fall in oil prices internationally.
Global cargo shipping market: Regional outlook
Developing economies in Asian countries drive the cargo shipping market and are estimated to hold the largest share of the cargo shipping market. European countries like UK, Spain, Germany and France, along with Russia will account for the second largest share. North America is projected to be third largest market share.
Global Cargo Shipping Market: Key Trends and Drivers
Global economic growth and progress in trading drive the cargo shipping market. Container transportation is increasing adopted globally to transport goods; it acts as a major driver for the cargo shipping market in both developed and developing countries. Another boon for this market are the free trade agreements being formulated by numerous countries. Supply chain management for marine trade has developed largely attributing to developing nations gaining a large market share in the cargo shipping market. Cargo shipping firms are facing challenges to a great extent owing to global environmental changes and geopolitics; this is proving to be a major restraint. Acquiring new containers is cost intensive, which is manifesting as a major restraint in the shipping industry and cargo shipping market.
Global cargo shipping market: Key players
Examples of the market participants in the cargo shipping market, identified across value chains include CMA-CGM SA, A.P. Moller-Maersk Group, Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A., Panalpina World Transport (Holding) Ltd., DHL Global Forwarding, China COSCO Holdings Company Limited, Nippon Express Co., Ltd, Hapag-Lloyd AG, Ceva Logistics and Deutsche Bahn AG.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Cargo Shipping Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Cargo Shipping Market: Segmentation
On basis of cargo type, the global cargo shipping market is segmented into:
- Container cargo
- 20 foot (6.08 m) Twenty-foot Equivalent Unit (TEU)
- 40 foot (12.8 m) Forty-foot Equivalent Unit (FEU)
- 45 foot (13.7m)
- 48 foot(14.6m)
- Bulk cargo
- General cargo
- Raw materials
On basis of industry type, the global cargo shipping market is segmented into:
- Food and Manufacturing
- Fruits, drinks
- Manufactured raw materials
- Oil and ores
- Iron ore
- Electrical and electronics
- Electrical equipment’s
- Electronic equipment’s
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Cargo Shipping Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Cargo Shipping Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Cargo Shipping Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Cargo Shipping Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.