This Combined Charging System market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Combined Charging System market.
In today’s scenario, energy efficiency is on high demand, boosted by a foremost concern with climatic changes and by the increasing fuel prices in region that have a significant dependency on imported fossil fuels. A large amount of oil consumption is dependent upon the transportation sector and large portion is used by street vehicles. The transportation sector is going to increase their share in world’s oil consumption by more than 50% by 2030. Regarding to this concern, the demand for electric vehicles is increasing day-by-day, which will support the demand for combined charging system.
The combined charging system includes connector and inlet combination as well as control functions. These manages the communication between EV charging point and electric vehicle. Combined charging system (CSS) deliver high voltage direct current via special electrical connector derived from SAE J1772 (IEC Type 2) and (IEC Type 1) connector. Connector geometries are available for Type 2 (Europe) and Type 1 (North America). These system are developed by leading manufacturers and are used by large number of electric vehicles. For instance, the European Commission (EU) identified use of Type 2 (CCS) charging system in line with IEC 62196 as a uniform standard throughout European countries. Many of the manufacturers support the demand for combined charging system.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Growing demand of electric vehicles coupled with strong support from main car manufacturers (ACEA to combo standard and Japanese manufacturers to CHAdeMO) are expected to drive the demand for combined charging systems. Moreover, advanced technology of this system which help to charge electric vehicle in less than thirty minutes will drive the demand of combines charging systems. However, relative high cost of this system (installation and operation of charging points) will restraint the growth of the market in future. Also, customer’s preference towards fuel vehicle over electric vehicle would hamper the demand for combined charging system.
Combined Charging System Market: Outlook/Trend
The MEA region have adopted the European standard type 2 connector for AC charging; on the other hand, the introduction of a combined charging system is still being debated. In terms of DC charging, CHAdeMO charging stations are being installed. North America and Europe also have their own fast Combined Charger System (CCS) and standards. This type of charging station is supported by majority of car manufacturers, such as Chrysler, BMW, VW, GM, Daimler, Porsche, Audi and Ford. Since 2013, the vehicles with CCS standard using fast DC charging capability, have been on road from a way long back.
Electric vehicles are currently seen by many countries as a way forward preferred choice for public transport. Factors such as addressing climate concern, such as in electric vehicles, may help to overcome the problems with energy security and dependence on traditional fuel. The governments are providing subsidies to support the manufacturers to establish their plants in their region. Moreover, the government and OEMs are investing in infrastructure to install charging station in their country. For instance, Nissan is growing efforts to install charging station, which will help the customers to charge their vehicles free of cost. With the aforementioned reasons, the demand for combined charging system will increase in the near future.
Combined Charging System Market: Segmentation
Combined Charging System Market: Participants
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and containsthoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Combined Charging System Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of vehicle type, the combined charging system market can be segmented into:
- Electric Vehicles
- PHEV (Plug in Hybrid Vehicles)
- HEV (Hybrid Electric Vehicle)
On the basis of power, the combined charging system market can be segmented into:
- 40Kwh to 100Kwh
- 100Kwh to 200Kwh
- More than 200KwH
Examples of some of the OEM who are jointly working with SAE on combined charging system to consolidate all types of electric charging system are:
- BMW AG
- Daimler AG
- Ford Motor Company
- General Motors (GM)
- Porsche AG
- Tesla, Inc.
- Nissan Motor Company
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends and Issues and Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Combined Charging System Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Combined Charging System Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Combined Charging System Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Combined Charging System Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.