This Elastomeric Adhesives market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Elastomeric Adhesives market.
Elastomeric Adhesives Market: Definition and Introduction
Elastomeric Adhesives are special type of adhesives whose base polymer is an elastomer material. An elastomer is a polymer which has the additional elastic properties that are normally associated with rubber compounds. The base elastomer material accounts for around 35% to 50% volume by weight of elastomeric adhesives. The various other typical ingredients used in the manufacturing of elastomeric adhesives includes fillers, plasticizers, curing agents, softeners, dispersing agents, antioxidants and solvents. Elastomeric adhesives are widely used for bonding between various different substrate types, including metal, wood and plastics. For best performance, primer materials are used on substrates before the application of elastomeric adhesives. However, various types of elastomeric adhesives that provide primer-less adhesion are also available. Elastomeric Adhesives are broadly categorized based on the material type into Silane Modified Polymers (SMP), Polyurethanes, and Silicones. End users need to decide the type of elastomeric adhesives that are preferable for their applications depending on the type of substrate being bonded, design of the joint, and external conditions the bonded surface is expected to face. Polyurethane based elastomeric adhesives turn into thermoset polymers after curing and provide effective chemical and solvent resistance to the bonded surface. Polyurethane as well as SMP based elastomeric adhesives provide effective adhesion and surface toughness for low temperature applications, with SMP based elastomeric adhesives offering more flexibility. Silicone based elastomeric adhesives perform exceptionally well in applications that require exposure to high temperatures.
Considering these aspects of the Elastomeric Adhesives, the study of the trends and forecasts of the Elastomeric Adhesives market becomes an important read.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Elastomeric Adhesives Market: Dynamics
Elastomeric adhesives provide certain special advantages over other types of adhesives, owing to the elasticity that is in the nature of their base polymers. Elastomeric adhesives provide excellent resistance to chemical hazards, shocks, thermal cycling, and vibration. Elastomeric adhesives are durable and moisture resistant, thus helping provide effective sealing functionality. The wide variety of material combinations available in elastomeric adhesives prove beneficial for highly distinct applications, ranging from cryogenic conditions to high temperature environments. The availability of elastomeric adhesives in multiple forms, such as s solutions & dispersions in organic solvents, pressure-sensitive films & tapes, latex cements, and solvent-free pastes/liquids ensures its application in a large number of end use scenarios. Elastomeric adhesives are the best suited adhesives when the target applications involve high impact, vibration or movement of the bonded joint. And especially when such joints involve the sticking together of different substrate types, elastomeric adhesives provide effective and reliable performance in such applications. Elastomeric adhesives are widely used in the automotive, marine, electrical appliance and building & construction sectors. Owing to the large variety of applications within the building & construction sector and the reliable performance of elastomeric adhesives, the sector is projected to be a key driver of market growth.
Elastomeric Adhesives Market: Regional Outlook
Asia Pacific is expected to be a significant regional market for Elastomeric Adhesives, owing to a robust automotive industry and the huge building & construction sector. Fast growing economies in the region are witnessing rapid infrastructure development, which has acted as a stimulant for fast paced growth in the building & construction sector. Europe and North America markets are characterized by demand for high quality products and elastomeric adhesives that are free of isocyanate and solvents, leading to lower emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOC). The key countries to watch in the Elastomeric Adhesives market include China, India, Indonesia, UK, Germany and the US.
Elastomeric Adhesives Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants identified in the Elastomeric Adhesives market include,
- Henkel Corporation
- 3M Company
- Master Bond Inc.
- Cemedine Co. Ltd
- CRC Industries
- Techniseal Inc.
- Polymeric Systems Inc.
- Avery Dennison
- Sika Group
- The APOC Company
The research report on elastomeric adhesives presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. The elastomeric adhesives report also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to elastomeric adhesives market segments such as geographies, application and end use industry.
The elastomeric adhesives report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Elastomeric Adhesives Market Segments
- Elastomeric Adhesives Market Dynamics
- Elastomeric Adhesives Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordics)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, CIS)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Elastomeric Adhesives Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Elastomeric Adhesives Market: Segmentation
On the basis of type, the Elastomeric Adhesives market can be segmented as,
- Silane Modified Polymers (SMP)
On the basis of product type, the Elastomeric Adhesives market can be segmented as,
- Solutions & Dispersions
- Latex Cements
- Tapes and Films
On the basis of adhesion type, the Elastomeric Adhesives market can be segmented as,
- Contact Type
- Pressure Sensitive Type
On the basis of end use industry, the Elastomeric Adhesives market can be segmented as,
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronic Equipment
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Elastomeric Adhesives Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Elastomeric Adhesives Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Elastomeric Adhesives Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Elastomeric Adhesives Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.