This Wood Adhesives market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Wood Adhesives market.
Global Wood Adhesives Market Introduction
With the increasing focus on improvement in standard of living, there has been rise in consumer spending on the home décor and luxury furniture products. Thus there has been significant rise in demand for wood materials such as timber, plywood and others with greater aesthetic appeal. There are a number of added benefits of using adhesives for bonding as compared to other conventional methods such as faster drying and setting time, improved adhesion, compatibility of use with various substrates and higher strength, aesthetic appeal as compared to use of metal fasteners and other methods of bonding. Wood adhesives are required for a number of applications in wood assembly such as edge gluing, dowel insertion, miter gluing, tongue and groove joints and finger jointing. A variety of adhesives are being used for wood working applications ranging from natural to synthetic providing adhesion and other properties according to specific requirements. Manufacturers are focusing on the development of wood adhesives which have better resistance to moisture content of wood and humidity. The use of wood adhesives has also led to decrease in overall product costs and labor costs owing to the relative ease of application and raw material procurement.
Global Wood Adhesives Market Dynamics
Wood Adhesives Market Drivers
One of the major factor driving the demand for global wood adhesives market is the rapid growth of the construction industry in the developing countries of Asia Pacific region. The swift recovery in the housing sector coupled with commercial and infrastructural development is projected to create significant demand for wood adhesives over the forecast period.
With the rising disposable income, there has been significant increase in consumer spending on the home décor and luxury furniture products which is projected to drive the global wood adhesives market. The use of wood adhesives for bonding timber, plywood and other products provides a greater aesthetic appeal as compared to screws, bolts and other methods of bonding. Thus creating significant demand for wood adhesives. Increasing trend for the use of lightweight materials is projected to further fuel the demand for wood adhesives.
Wood Adhesives Market Restraints
One of the major challenge faced by the global wood adhesives market is the raw material or feedstock for the production of these adhesives is derived from petroleum or crude oil. Thus the volatility in prices impacts the manufacturing cost for wood adhesives which is a major challenge for the manufacturers.
Another major factor restraining the global wood adhesives market demand is the use of alternate materials such as plastics and polymers which is projected to hamper the growth of global wood adhesives market.
Wood Adhesives Market Trends
With the rising environmental concern about the harmful volatile organic compounds emissions, there has been increase in use of bio based wood adhesives. Manufacturers are focusing on the development of high performance, fast setting, heat resistant wood adhesives which can be used over a diverse range of applications.
There has been rising trend for the use of water based wood adhesives instead of solvent based wood adhesives owing to the increasing awareness for environmental protection and conservation.
Global Wood Adhesives Market: Regional Outlook
In terms of regional perspective, Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold relatively larger share in the global wood adhesives market. The rapid growth in the construction sector owing to urbanization and industrialization is expected to drive the demand for wood adhesives in the region. North America and Europe are projected to witness moderate growth rate over the forecast period. The significant investments in the renovation and construction activities in the region is anticipated to the boost the market demand. Regions such as Latin America and Middle East and Africa are projected to be low volume high growth regions and are projected to witness relatively high growth over the forecast period. Japan is projected to witness sluggish growth in the global wood adhesives market over the forecast period.
Global Wood Adhesives Market Participants
Some of the market participants identified across the value chain of global Wood Adhesives market are:
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- The 3M Company
- BASF SE
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Ashland Inc.
- B. Fuller Company
- Asian Paints
- Sika AG
- Pidilite Industries Limited
- Franklin Adhesives & Polymers
- Jubilant Industries Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Wood Adhesives Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Wood Adhesives Market Segmentation
The global Wood Adhesives market can be segmented on the basis of product type, technology, type, end use sector, application and region.
On the basis of product type, the global wood adhesives market can be segmented as:
- Natural wood adhesives
- Synthetic wood adhesives
On the basis of technology, the global wood adhesives market can be segmented as:
- Solvent based
- Water based
On the basis of application, the global wood adhesives market can be segmented as:
- Doors and windows
On the basis of end use sector, the global wood adhesives market can be segmented as:
- Industrial and Infrastructural
On the basis of type, the global wood adhesives market can be segmented as:
- Urea-formaldehyde (UF)
- Isocyanates (MDI, TDI, HDI)
- Melamine-urea-formaldehyde (MUF)
- Soy based wood adhesives
- Phenol-formaldehyde (PF)
- Others (Including polyurethane, epoxy, silicone, polyvinyl acetate (PVAc) and ethyl vinyl acetate (EVA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Wood Adhesives Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Wood Adhesives Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Wood Adhesives Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Wood Adhesives Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.