This Electric Vehicle Transmission market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Electric Vehicle Transmission market.
Electric Vehicle Transmission Market: Introduction
The automotive industry has reached at a crossroad where decisions has to be made with regards to moving forward with electric vehicles or conventional IC engine vehicles. In the present scenario, innovations in the automotive industry are more focused towards the electric vehicles than the conventional vehicle implying a future where electric vehicles will eventually phase out the other types. This factor bodes well for the growth of the electric vehicles ancillaries market that include electric vehicle transmissions as well. Early transmission systems utilized in electric vehicles were usually equipped with single gears so as to cater the low power output, however, manufacturers are venturing into developing multi-gear transmissions on account of higher powered electric vehicles. Rise in sales and production of electric vehicles coupled with government regulations on automobile emissions are some of the key factors attributing to the growth of electric vehicle transmission market in the upcoming years.
Electric Vehicle Transmission Market: Dynamics
The electric vehicle transmission market depends upon the performance of electric vehicle’s sales within the automotive industry. Though the sales of electric vehicles in the current market is largely outperformed by conventional vehicles, the trend is poised for a shift towards electric vehicles in the near future, which can benefit the electric vehicles transmission market in the forecast period. Manufacturers of such electric vehicle transmissions are always on a constant lookout for developing materials that can reduce the overall weight of the system without compromising performance. Efficient utilization of power stored within the electric vehicle batteries is also of utmost importance prompting the manufacturers to design the transmission system to close tolerances. Stringent regulations on vehicular emissions has greatly helped in marketing electric vehicles as the transportation mode of the future hence, aiding the growth of the electric vehicles transmission market.
The restraints associated with electric vehicle market are plenty and many which can have a domino effect on the electric vehicles transmissions market as well. It is a clear fact that the sale of electric vehicles determines the strength of the electric vehicles transmission market. Hence, the problems associated with electric vehicles such as high price, subpar performance, travel range anxiety, and lack of charging infrastructure, among others, can hamper the growth of the electric vehicles transmission market.
Electric Vehicle Transmission Market: Regional Outlook
From the regional perspective, the electric vehicles transmission market is anticipated for a steady growth in North America owing to aggressive promotion of electric vehicles by major players. The European region is also posed for a healthy growth due to various subsidies and incentives offered by the economies in the region on purchase of an electric vehicle, hence attracting more customers. The market in Asia Pacific is also expected to flourish well in the upcoming years especially in the Japan and China owing to push by the respective governments to place more emphasis on electric vehicles. The market in both Latin America and Middle East & Europe regions may grow on a stagnant phase, this is due to availability of low-cost fuels such as flex fuel in Brazil and abundance of petroleum in the Middle East.
Electric Vehicle Transmission Market: Key Participants
Examples of some of the participants involved in the manufacture of the global electric vehicle transmission are:
- Oerlikon Graziano SpA
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Allison Transmission Inc.
- Eaton Corporation Plc
- Magna International (Getrag)
- GKN Plc
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Xtrac Ltd.
- Drive System Design Ltd.
- Continental AG
- Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Electric Vehicle Transmission Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Electric Vehicle Transmission Market: Segmentation
The electric vehicle transmission market can be segmented by material type, vehicle type and application mainly.
By type, the electric vehicle transmission market can be segmented as
- Single Gear Mechanism
- Multi Gear Mechanism
By vehicle type, the electric vehicle transmission market can be segmented as:
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs)
- Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs)
- Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs)
By sales channel, the electric vehicle transmission market can be segmented as:
- Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Electric Vehicle Transmission Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Electric Vehicle Transmission Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Electric Vehicle Transmission Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Electric Vehicle Transmission Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.