This Electric Wheelchair market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Electric Wheelchair market.
Electric wheelchairs are also called as power chairs or electric ?power wheelchairs. They do not require any human assistance for mobility as they are powered by battery. Most obvious advantage of electric wheelchair is that they are user friendly and convenient. These electric wheelchairs are useful for those unable to use manual wheelchair or who may want to use wheelchair for travelling longer distance and in such case using manual wheelchair is very difficult. Apart from people with traditional mobility disability, they may also be used by people with cardiovascular diseases or who met with any accidental conditions.
Electric Wheelchair Market: Drivers and Restraints
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Apart from several advantages, global electric wheelchair market is also facing some challenges such as high cost of electric wheel chair and lack of awareness and infrastructure. However this issues are expected to reduce during forecast period
Electric Wheelchair Market: Segmentation
The Global Electric wheelchair market is segmented on the basis of product type and region. By product type, the electric wheelchair market can be segmented as centre wheel drive electric wheelchair, front wheel drive electric wheelchair, standing electric wheelchair, rear wheel drive electric wheelchair and others. Among all this product types, centre wheel drive electric wheelchair held largest revenue share and represents more than 50% of total market in 2014. Front wheel drive electric wheelchair is expected to be second largest growing type after centre wheel drive electric wheelchair and estimated to conquer significant growth in near future.
By region, the market is segmented into seven major region such as North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific (excluding Japan), Japan as a separate region and Middle East and Africa (MEA). Current global electric wheelchair market is dominated by North America region however in recent future developing economies such as China, India and Brazil are expected to drive the demand for electric wheelchairs.
Electric Wheelchair Market: Region ?wise outlook
The global electric wheelchair market is estimated to witness robust growth through 2025 due to growing technological advancement in electric wheelchair industry, new products are equipped with gadgets for accessibility and control. North America region led the market in 2014 in terms of highest demand. In US, government provides medical insurance to people over age of 65, which also helps them to get medical facilities at subsidized rates. High purchasing power, increasing elderly population and consumer awareness and inclination towards more sophisticated technology driven the progress of electric wheelchair market in this region. In coming years, developing countries such as India, China and Brazil expected to boost the demand of electric wheelchairs. It is mainly because of gradual increase in consumer awareness and development of medical facilities in this region.
Electric Wheelchair Market: Key Players
The key international players operating in electric wheelchair market includes OttoBock Healthcare GmbH, Invacare Corp., Pride Mobility Products Corp., Permobil AB, Sunrise Medical Limited, Hoveround Corporation, LEVO AG, Invacare Corp., MEYRA GmbH, Medical Depot, Inc., GF HEALTH PRODUCTS, INC and Others. All these key players are focusing on delivering best value products to their customers. Customised offering and product innovation is a common strategy adopted by most of the key players. These electric wheelchair manufactures offers large variety and different sizes of wheelchairs to meet demand of individuals depending upon their weight and height.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Electric Wheelchair Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Electric Wheelchair Market Segments
- Electric Wheelchair Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Electric Wheelchair Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Electric Wheelchair Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Electric Wheelchair Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Electric Wheelchair Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Electric Wheelchair Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Electric Wheelchair Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Electric Wheelchair Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Electric Wheelchair Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.