This Home Scales market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Home Scales market.
While life expectancy has increased tremendously in the past 50 years, industrialization and the dominance of the services sector in the developed world has given rise to new health problems like stress, obesity and high blood pressure. Obesity in particular is one of the biggest scourges of a modern lifestyle without any time (or inclination) to exercise and it can wreak havoc on the person’s health. Obesity is a condition where a person is too heavy for their respective height and is calculated with the help of the body mass index (BMI). A BMI between 20 and 25 is considered normal, 25 or more is overweight, while 30 and above is called obese. An obese person is far more likely to develop Type 2 Diabetes, have an unhealthy child, some kind of heart disease or even a stroke. An awareness of the dangers of obesity along with a focus on health has fuelled the demand for the home scales market. People want to be able to measure their weight from the comfort of their homes and it is also used to motivate them to exercise more and drop those last few pounds. Continuous innovations with greater functionality or added features, increasing popularity of self-monitoring and a demand for high-tech electronics is expected to account for the continued demand of the home scales market.
Home Scales market Drivers
An aging population in the west, a sedentary, fast-paced lifestyle leaving no time to exercise, along with a greater awareness of the long term problems caused by obesity can be expected to drive the home scale market going forward. Added functionality and more features in home scales is also expected to help in no small measure. An increased acceptance of digital body fat analysers in emerging markets will also provide a boost to the home scale market. They are worthy of mention since they measure body fat and help the person distinguish between fat and weight loss. It is not just obese customers but even health-conscious people who will drive the demand for the home scales market in the medium to long term. A greater preference for privacy and the convenience of using these devices in the bedroom or bathroom will also contribute to the future prospects of the home scales market.
Home Scales market Key Regions
Europe is the largest home scales market, followed by North America in 2016. This is due to the presence of a post-industrial society where the services sector dominates leading to a sedentary lifestyle and also the prevalence of ready to eat, processed and unhealthy food. Germany, the USA and the UK are some of the largest individual home scales markets. Asia Pacific accounts for the largest growth due to rapid urbanization, increased cases of obesity and also an increased awareness of advances in technology related to health and fitness. The key Asia Pacific markets include China, India, Japan and Korea.
Home Scales market Key Market Players
The key players in the home scales market are AWM Limited, Camry Electronic Ltd, Salter Housewares, Bonso Electronics, Johnson Measures and Weights Ltd, Omron Healthcare Co. Ltd., Leifheit AG, Guangdong Xiangshan Weighing Apparatus, and Tanita Corporation.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, types and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Home Scales Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Home Scales Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Home Scales Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Home Scales Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Home Scales Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Home Scales Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)