Lactose-free Infant Formula Market Outlook
Lactose-free infant formula is manufactured for those infants who have an inability to naturally produce an enzyme which helps in the digestion of lactose. It often leads to abdominal bloating, cramps and diarrhea amongst infants. Hence the demand for lactose-free infant formula which specially caters to the needs of these consumers has grown in demand. The growth of the lactose-free infant formula is also denoted by the development in the healthcare sector. Interest in the development of innovative medical and pharmaceutical products, including baby infant nutritional formulae have also fuelled the demand for lactose-free infant formula.
Rise in the incidence of Lactose Intolerance has triggered the demand for Lactose-free Infant Formula
A rise in the number of working mothers is an important factor currently driving the growth of the infant formula market, which concurrently propels the growth of the lactose-free infant formula market. Since females are taking efforts towards working and following a busy out-of-home life schedule, infant formula is a convenient option, as it can be prepared in lesser time and comprises all the essential nutrients required for the growth of the baby. The rising prevalence of lactose-free infant formula amongst the newborn has led to an increase in the demand for lactose-free intolerant formulae. Lactose-free infant formula are also blended with other essential nutrients such as iron and vitamin D for babies who are not being breastfed, which are also inclusive of essential amino acids such as DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and ARA (arachidonic acid), iron and vitamins, which paves a way for the growth of the lactose-free infant formula market. The use of various customized premixes such as the lactose-free infant formula is currently increasing, primarily in developed countries, due to the unique formulation of premixes, coupled with growing consumer awareness regarding the benefits of consuming infant formula which suit the developmental and metabolic state of the baby. The emergence of new technologies for producing lactose-free infant formula have also improved since the past few years. Manufacturers are also expanding the production of lactose-free infant formula, owing to the emergence of various new efficient techniques.
Lactose-free Infant Formula Market: Regional Analysis
The rising inclination among customers towards organic forms of lactose-free infant formula, owing to the easy availability of clinical nutrition products in retail has spurred the lactose-free infant formula market growth in the North America region. Mexico and Brazil have some of the key players operating in the lactose-free infant formula market in Latin America, which is a major factor fuelling the demand for lactose-free infant formula in this region. There is increasing adoption of lactose-free infant formula in applications such as clinical nutrition, and dietary supplements in Western European countries such as France, the Netherlands, and Germany. In the Middle East & African region, governments, NGOs, and infant nutritional companies are undertaking various nutritional fortification programs in order to develop fortification solutions to enhance the nutritional content of various infant nutritional products. This will lead to the growth in the lactose-free infant formula sector as well. Lactose-free infant formula and blends also offer a single source of multiple nutrients. Countries in Asia represent vast potential opportunities in terms of demand for lactose-free infant formula, only efforts should be made towards expanding sales channel and raising consumer awareness regarding disorders.
Lactose-free Infant Formula Market: Key Participants
Some of the market participants in the Lactose-free Infant Formula market are:
- The Danone Company Inc.
- Abbott International
- Nestlé S.A
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the lactose-free infant formula market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, application, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Lactose-free Infant Formula Market Segments
- Lactose-free Infant Formula Market Dynamics
- Lactose-free Infant Formula Market Size
- Lactose-free Infant Formula Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Lactose-free Infant Formula Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Lactose-free Infant Formula Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Lactose-free Infant Formula
- Value Chain Analysis of the Lactose-free Infant Formula Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Lactose-free Infant Formula Segmentation
The lactose-free infant formula market can be segmented on the basis of product type, end use, and sales channel.
On the basis of nature, the lactose-free infant formula market is segmented into:
On the basis of indication, the lactose-free infant formula market is segmented into:
- Starting formula
- Follow-on formula
- Specialized Formula
On the basis of sales channel, the lactose-free infant formula market is segmented into:
- Direct (B2B)
- Indirect (B2C)
- Modern trade
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retail
- Traditional Grocery
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the lactose-free infant formula market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the lactose-free infant formula market
- Competitive landscape of the lactose-free infant formula market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on lactose-free infant formula market performance
- Must-have information for lactose-free infant formula market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.