This Leather Tanning Chemicals market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Leather Tanning Chemicals market.
Leather Tanning Chemicals: Introduction
Leather is considered as a traditional material used for the manufacturing of many goods, including footwear, clothing, furniture, and automobile seats. Leather chemical tanning is a process used to stabilize its structure, so that the skin can retain its natural properties. Moreover, during the tanning process, skin structure is maintained in its open form by changing some of the collagen with complex ions of chromium. After tanning, the leather is able to withstand hundred degree Celsius hot boiling water, and become more flexible than the untreated dead skin. The most common leather tanning chemicals include vegetable tannins (extracted from tree bark), syntans, alum, glutaraldehyde, formaldehyde, and heavy oils. Chrome tanning by leather tanning chemicals is the most adopted tanning process by manufacturers; this process is most efficient and less toxic than hexavalent chromium. Though the vegetable tanning process is a traditional process, it is a process without using harmful chemicals. Vegetable tannic acids are naturally found in some plants, by using the branches, leaves, barks, or even some fruits in some specific techniques. In order to make leather soft and pliable for use, the leather tanning chemical process is necessary during the preparing of leather. With the growing demand for technologically advanced and efficient processes for leather tanning, the demand for the leather tanning chemicals has escalated.
Leather Tanning Chemicals Market:Dynamics
The method of leather tanning has revolutionized the modern leather industry since the past few years. The growing consumption of leather in the end-use sector includes furniture, footwear, garments, and automotive interiors, which is estimated to create high demand for leather tanning chemicals over the forecast period. The increasing demand for luxurious leather products and the production of various colored leathers have substantially changed the scenario of the leather tanning chemicals market. There is high demand for leather tanning chemicals in developing economies, as manufacturers have invested immensely in these countries, owing to low labor costs.
Some of the top growing countries of leather such as the Republic of Korea, Taiwan, China, Indonesia, and Vietnam have been hindered by the deficiency of raw material supply, and involved in the considerable import of skin and hides. This is further expected to hamper the growth of the leather tanning chemicals market over the forecast period.
Leather Tanning Chemicals Market:Regional Outlook
Asia Pacific is expected to remain a frontrunner in the leather tanning chemicals market over the forecast period. High demand from the region for more advanced leather chemical technologies, and the growth of the automotive, apparel, and footwear industries are expected to deliver a positive growth outlook for the leather tanning chemicals market over the forecast period. Europe’s leather tanning chemicals market is estimated to gain high traction, as the apparel industry in European countries raises new standards for the quality of the clothes, and thicker leather for shoe soles, bags, cases, and straps. Factors such as increasing purchasing power of people, developing infrastructure, and improved consumer sentiments are together driving the quality of living of people, which, in turn, increases the demand for leather tanning chemicals. The importance of leather merchandises in all aspects of everyday life has made it a highly anticipated trade item. With the growing consumption of leather items in developed countries such as the U.S. and Canada in the North America region, there is high market growth expected over the coming years. Latin America and the Middle East are also expected to deliver positive growth in the leather tanning chemicals market over the forecast period.
Leather Tanning Chemicals Market:Key Market Players
Examples of some of the market participants in the global leather tanning chemicals market identified across the value chain include:
- The Dow Chemicals
- TFL LEDERTECHNIK AG
- DyStar Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- Elementis Plc
- LANXESS AG
- Schill & Seilacher GmbH & Co.
- Stahl Holdings BV
- BASF SE
- Bayer AG
- Clariant AG
- Lawrence International
- Zschimmer & Schwarz
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, application type, tanning type, and chemical type.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The leather report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Leather Tanning Chemicals Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Leather Tanning Chemicals Market:Segmentation
The leather tanning chemicals market can be segmented on the basis of tanning type, chemical type, and application type.
On the basis of tanning type, the leather tanning chemicals market can be segmented as:
- Vegetable Leather Tanning
- Chromium Leather Tanning
- Aldehyde Leather Tanning
- Others (Heavy Oils, Alum Tanned)
On the basis of chemical type, the leather tanning chemicals market can be segmented as:
- Ammonium Chloride Leather Tanning Chemicals
- Sulphuric Corrosive Leather Tanning Chemicals
- Chromium Sulfate Leather Tanning Chemicals
- Chrome Syntans Leather Tanning Chemicals
- Resins Leather Tanning Chemicals
- Dyes Leather Tanning Chemicals
- Acrylic Gums Leather Tanning Chemicals
On the basis of application type, the leather tanning chemicals market can be segmented as:
- Textile and Apparel Industry
- Automotive Accessories
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation of the market
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on leather tanning chemicals market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Leather Tanning Chemicals Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Leather Tanning Chemicals Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Leather Tanning Chemicals Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Leather Tanning Chemicals Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.