Significant changes have shaped the security industry throughout the last decade, and more exhilarating innovations are to be expected in the coming years. Emerging technologies and applications such as multi-dimensional perception, low light imaging, UHD, artificial intelligence, and cloud technology, are opening up new possibilities in the field of security. The mobile video surveillance market is expected to show major growth during the forecast period owing to the concerns related with safety and security across various industries coupled with the increasing demand for real-time surveillance. Real-time video display is a primary selling point for remote and mobile monitoring. Apart from real time surveillance, in some camera the videos are even recorded which can be viewed later as per the convenience of the user.
Remote monitoring and mobile surveillance offer the convenience of on-the-go, real-time access to live camera installed at the location so the user can check up at any time, be it day or night. The market is being driven by increasing adoption of smart camera systems and the growing adoption of video analytics which is expected to further drive the growth of mobile video surveillance market. The market is majorly driven by the increase in demand for video management software solutions across domestic and commercial applications. The major factors responsible for driving the growth of mobile video surveillance market include, increasing car accidents, theft on buses, driver supervision in cabs, and real time alarm in case of emergencies.
What are the Key Trends Impacting Growth of the Mobile Video Surveillance Market?
Growing adoption of IP cameras coupled with increasing concerns for public safety and security is anticipated to drive the demand for mobile video surveillance software and solutions. Moreover, rising demand for scalable and intelligent mobile video surveillance solutions, improved infrastructure and deployment capabilities is further expected to drive the market growth. Furthermore, growing adoption of connected devices, such as laptops, smartphones, and smart devices, across several residential and commercial applications is anticipated to contribute to the growth of mobile video surveillance market.
With the emergence of artificial intelligence, there has been a growth in mobile video surveillance market. Conventionally in order to monitor the security footage, a couple of security guards would have to sit behind the screen and browse through different video streams. However, today with Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology, the video management software is capable of analyzing images and audio from video surveillance live streams and recordings, and that too with a speed of hundred times faster than humans. AI is also being used in retail management, crowd management, and license plate recognition, among other applications associated with the mobile video surveillance market.
What are the Key Challenges that may Restrain Growth of the Mobile Video Surveillance Market?
Increasing concerns regarding the safety of public and security, rising demand for wireless cameras, and growing adoption of IP cameras, are some of the major factors driving the growth of the mobile video surveillance market. However, violation of privacy happens to be one major factor responsible for hampering the market growth. Moreover, factors such as higher initial costs and privacy issues related to the usage of data provided by these systems are anticipated to restrain the growth of mobile video surveillance market.
Key players such as
- Axis Communications AB
- Bosch Security Systems GmbH
- Zhejiang Dahua Technology Co., Ltd.
- Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd.
- FLIR Systems Inc.
- Avigilon Corporation
- Pelco Corporation
- Hanwha Techwin Co., Ltd.
are actively involved in offering Mobile Video Surveillance for different applications across industries.
What strategies are the Key Players adopting for Increasing their Market Share in the Mobile Video Surveillance Market?
The mobile video surveillance providers are carrying out different expansion and innovation strategies for increasing their market share in the global mobile video surveillance market. Key players are entering into partnerships with other major players to expand their geographic presence in order to meet the increasing demand for Mobile Video Surveillance. Companies such as Axis Communications, Bosch Security Systems, and Hikvision have adopted this strategy to expand their customer base and enhance their product portfolio.
- Companies like Hikvision are offering mobile video surveillance solution comprising GPS monitoring, remote monitoring, alarm systems, and intelligent analysis. The mobile video surveillance subsystem comprises mobile video recorder and cameras installed at the desired location, internet, and a video management software to connect. The video management software offered by the company provides real-time positioning and route playback, statistics reports, live view of videos and playback, mobile application for convenient access, along with alarm alerts. The company has carried out various public transportation projects in De Lijn Project, Arriva Project, and Colombia Project, among others.
- In March 2020, Axis Communications announced its first body worn camera for the law enforcement and private security. The solution is expected to be flexible in nature and includes a robust camera, docking station and system controller. Additionally, the solution has been designed with an open system architecture which shall enable integration with a broad range of video management systems and evident management systems.
Along with product innovations, implementations and expansion, major companies operating in the market are also focused on collaborations and partnerships with other major players in the market in order to offer advanced solutions and services to the end users.
- For instance, In September 20219, Hikvision entered into a partnership agreement with Scylla, an AI technology provider in the surveillance and security industry offering specialization in preventive threat detection, smart suspect identification systems, and vehicle identification and tracking, among others. The partnership includes incorporation of Scylla AI-powered systems with Hikvision cameras and NVRs, and consideration of how the technology of Scylla can be integrated with HikCentral, a central management platform offered by Hikvision. This shall help in offering advanced features of Scylla across larger installations. Both the companies are anticipated to benefit from this partnership.
- For instance, In April 2020, Axis Communications is focused on expansion of its research and development facilities center for software development in Sweden, by moving to a new office building. The software development office in Linköping is focused on development of cloud solutions, new services and comprehensive systems and solutions for managing and analyzing videos. The new office is expected to be ready for occupancy by the end of 2021.
What are the Key Opportunities for Mobile Video Surveillance Manufacturers?
Mobile video surveillance is increasingly being adopted across various industries, such as transportation, manufacturing, law enforcements, and defense, among others. Security is a prerequisite for increasing productivity and maintaining quality standards at any industrial facility. In order to maintain this, there has been a rise in demand for mobile video surveillance across industrial and manufacturing facilities. Deployment of mobile video surveillance has helped in ensuring the safety of workers, security against thefts, improved quality checks, and avoiding false liabilities.
Apart from industrial and manufacturing, transportation industry is another vertical which is expected to hold a major share of the mobile video surveillance market over the forecast period. With an increase in crime rates, vandalism, harassment, and threats related to terrorism, there has been a growing need for surveillance in the general transportation system. Sea ports have also become an important transit point for trading of international goods. Mobile video surveillance systems can be implemented across the seaports for monitoring all activities and ensuring proper quality checks along with safety and security.
Why is Asia Pacific a Big Market for Mobile Video Surveillance?
Asia Pacific region is anticipated to offer ample growth opportunities for major players in the market to capitalize on. The growth is primarily attributed towards the rising adoption of new surveillance technologies, driven by terrorism related threats in the region. Furthermore, the constant rise in demand for mobile video surveillance systems in the transportation industry vertical happens to be one of the major factors driving the market growth. Additionally, factors such as increasing crime activities and growing terrorism, increased government spending on security equipment and growing initiatives to implement security cameras across public places is further expected to drive the growth of mobile video surveillance market in the region.
How COVID-19 will Impact the Growth of the Mobile Video Surveillance Market?
The market for mobile video surveillance is expected to show a moderate growth during the pandemic. This is owing to various industry verticals being suffered by the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result of this pandemic, the sales have declined over all the four quarters across industries such as transportation. However, even though the pandemic has resulted into slowing down of global businesses and efforts are being done in the global video surveillance industry in order to formulate different standards. Security systems have risen to the challenge, while facilitating implementation of social distancing protocols through existing access and video systems. With the demand being strong, thermal cameras are being deployed to measure the temperature of the people. The technology is proving to be beneficial in the fight against the impact of the COVID-19 across the globe.
Key Segments of Mobile Video Surveillance Market Covered in the Report
Based on offering:
Based on application:
- Trains and Trams
- Transport Vehicles
- Police cars
Based on vertical:
- Law Enforcement
- Military and Defense
Based on the region:
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia & Pacific
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.