This Nutritional Labeling market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Nutritional Labeling market.
An information found on prepackaged foods, which helps consumers to choose healthy foods is referred as nutritional labelling. Nutritional labelling is a section on food product, which provides nutritional information of the food item. In order to create healthful products and aid consumers to choose healthier diet, manufacturers are focused to offer products with nutritional information regarding the particular product. Thus, resulting in no constraints to consumers for choice of particular ingredients and nutritional requirements. Nutritional labelling offers information related to calorie content, vitamins percentage and other nutritional information, which helps consumer to choose the right product.
Manufacturers restrict from offering nutritional information on products is attributed to higher production costs related to labelling. The nutritional information on food products is mixed in nature for instance, it plays an important part in food purchases. In addition, offering nutritional labelling on food products is an essential part of marketing for manufacturers. Nutritional information provided on the products mainly focusses on Protein, Energy, Carbohydrate, Sodium and Fat percentage or contribution per serving or per 100g/100ml with emphasis on Nutritional Reference Value (NRV) percentage. There are various proposals, which need menu labelling, restrict commercialization of food products particularly to children and prohibit misleading claims through advertisements.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The global nutritional labelling market is segmented on the basis of pre-packaged food and beverage products and regions. On the basis of pre-packaged food and beverage products, it is segmented into food products and beverage products. Pre-packaged food products are further sub-segmented into snacks, dairy products, bakery products and others. Beverage products are sub-segmented into alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
On the basis of regions, the global nutritional labelling market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan and Middle East and Africa.
Nutritional Labelling Market Dynamics
Increasing health concerns, changing consumer lifestyle have led consumer inclination towards nutritional food. This has offered space to the manufacturers to opt for providing nutritional information on the product. Furthermore, increase in obesity and overweight among individuals across the globe has led the producers’ attention on offering nutritional information on the products, leading to change in intake of food products.
Also, considering consumer intake of particular ingredient, preferences for few nutritional and healthy ingredients in the food and beverage products has an impact on the purchasing power of an individual. Thus, nutritional labelling plays a pivotal role in choice of food products, Moreover, regulatory concerns related to nutritional labelling differ from country to country. In order to know the consumer trends and preferences, which have an impact on the purchasing power of consumers for particular product, various studies have been inculcated in many countries across Europe and North American.
In nutritional labelling, few pointers such as type, nutrients labelled, reference values used, display of information, which includes whether the information is on back-of-pack or front-of-pack and type of guidance the label gives to customer. In addition, nutritional labelling is mandatory in the European member states, Argentina, Canada, Indonesia, Chile, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Ecuador, Israel, Brazil, India, South Korea, United States, China, Taiwan, Paraguay, New Zealand, Mexico, Colombia and Australia. In the aforementioned countries nutrients listing is clearly defined on what basis the classification is done. For instance, in 2007 nutritional labelling on prepackaged food products become mandatory in Canada. Few countries where the nutritional guidelines are being voluntarily followed and no compulsion is done for labelling include Nigeria, Mauritius, Japan, South Africa, Turkey, Venezuela, Philippines, Singapore, Kenya, Thailand and Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Nutritional Labeling Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Nutritional Labelling Market Segments
- Nutritional Labelling Market Dynamics
- Nutritional Labelling Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Nutritional Labelling Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Nutritional Labelling Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Nutritional Labelling Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Nutritional Labelling Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Nutritional Labelling Marketincludes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Nutritional Labelling Market Detailed overview of parent market
- Nutritional Labelling changing market dynamics of the industry
- Nutritional Labelling Market In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Nutritional Labelling Market Recent industry trends and developments
- Nutritional Labelling Market Competitive landscape
- Nutritional Labelling Market Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Nutritional Labelling Market Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Nutritional Labeling Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Nutritional Labeling Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Nutritional Labeling Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Nutritional Labeling Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)