This Optical Lens Materials market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Optical Lens Materials market.
The materials used to make optical lenses are known as optical lens materials. Optical lenses are made of different materials, such as Silicone Hydrogel, Fluoro-silicone Acrylate, Hydrogel and PMMA. Amongst these, optical lenses made of silicone hydrogel soft contact lenses are used mostly because they have high oxygen permeability providing comfort and ease to the lens. These types of optical lens allow oxygen to pass through cornea thus making it possible to wear while sleeping. People suffering from presbyopia, astigmatism and other refractive errors generally use optical lenses made offluoro-silicone acrylate, which is thus fuelling the optical lens materials market. The use of wide scleral lenses in future is expected to promote the growth of gas permeable lenses during the forecast period.
Optical Lens Materials Market: Dynamics
Growing use of smart phones and electronic gadgets is resulting to problems related to vision, due to which use of contact lens and glasses made of high-quality materials is increasing, and consequently paving a lucrative path for the optical lens materials manufacturers.
The old age population is growing in countries, such as in Japan and China, among others, and old people mostly suffer from refractive errors, which is leading to increasing sale of lens and glasses and thus driving the optical lens materials market globally. Increasing disposable income of people and awareness towards the use of high-quality lenses is also the driving factors for the optical lens materials market in the developing as well as developed countries.
People are opting for surgeries to treat vision problems (Photorefractive Keratectomy ‘PRK’, and Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis ‘LASIK’), whereas serious risks reported due to use of contact lenses, such as eye dryness, infections, conjunctivitis, itchiness in the eye and ulcers are consequently leading to less consumption of optical lens materials and acting as obstacles in the growth of the optical lens materials market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Optical Lens Materials Market: Regional Outlook
The North America optical lens materials market is expected to grow at a significant rate due to the presence of key manufacturers in region, large number of eye care professionals, which suggest to use good-quality contact lenses, availability of technological advancement, increasing patient awareness, various government & NGO initiatives and high demand for contact lenses.
In Europe, the market is expected to propel at a significant rate during the forecast period due to the wide range of products, their availability, affordability, convenience to use and umpteen number of brands of contact lens.
Asia Pacific is expected to witness substantial growth due to the increasing high geriatric population, and the developing economy is expected to be the driving factor of the optical lens materials market.
The Middle East & Africa (MEA) market is expected to grow at an average rate during the forecast period. Due to the sunny weather conditions in countries, such as Saudi Arab and Dubai, among others, people nowadays are using high-quality contact lenses as well as optical glasses, which is driving the consumption of optical lens materials in the regions.
Optical Lens Materials Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants in the optical lens materials market participants are:
- Paragon Vision Sciences
- Bausch & Lomb
- PPG Optical
- OPRI Inc.
- Benz Research & Development
- X-Cel Optical Company
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends and Issues and Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Optical Lens Materials Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Optical Lens Materials Market: Segmentation
The optical lens materials market can be segmented based on type of lens and material used.
By type of lens:
- Soft Lens
- Gas Permeable Lens
By material used:
- Silicone Hydrogel
- Fluoro-silicone Acrylate
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Optical Lens Materials Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Optical Lens Materials Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Optical Lens Materials Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Optical Lens Materials Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.