This Palliative Care market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Palliative Care market.
World Health Organization (WHO) defines palliative care as an approach to improve the quality of life of a patients and their families who are facing difficulties related to the fatal illness by providing a treatment for relieving the symptoms of an underlying disease/disorder. Whereas, Hospice care is a specific type of palliative care procedure to help the terminally ill patients to make their final months/days of life soothing and less painful. Palliative care is provided to patients suffering from diseases such as cancer, congestive heart failure (CHF), CNS disorders, chronic pulmonary obstructive disease (COPD) and others, providing symptomatic relief for nausea & vomiting, diarrhea, pain & anxiety, loss of appetite and many more. International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC) have listed 32 essential medicines for the hospice and palliative care, including analgesics, antiemetic etc. Palliative care concentrates on furnishing patients with the alleviation of the side effects, stress, and worry of a genuine sickness irrespective of the diagnosis. The objective is to enhance personal satisfaction for both the patient and the family. Palliative care is given by a group of doctors, specialists, medical caretakers, and different masters, who cooperate with a patient's different specialists to give an additional layer of help. It is fitting at any age and at any phase in a genuine ailment, and can be furnished alongside remedial treatment.
Palliative Care Market: Drivers and Restraints
Increasing incidence of life-threatening diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular and infective diseases is anticipated to be the major growth driver for the global palliative care market. Other factors responsible for rise in global palliative care market can be growing number of palliative care centers worldwide, extending application for homecare, increasing number of qualified physicians for hospice & palliative care, expanding aging demographics etc. But the high cost of the treatment can be a major restraint for the global palliative care market. Less expansion of medical care facilities for old age group people in Asia Pacific and Middle East region, reimbursement scenario and less private or public funding to hospital facilities and other medical care centers act as a global restraint to the overall palliative care market. In the current scenario, the palliative centers and medical care or long term care centers are majorly focused on overall palliative care procedures that enhances healthcare quality in three critical ways: successfully soothes physical symptoms, fortifies patient-family-doctor correspondence and basic leadership and guarantees very much planned care crosswise over healthcare services & medical care or home care settings.
Palliative Care Market: Overview
The global market for palliative care is expected to flourish over the forecast period of 2017-2027 due to increasing awareness about physical, social and psychological, needs of patients with life-threatening diseases and their families. Majority of people receiving hospice care are the cancer patients, according to WHO.
Palliative Care Market: Region-wise Overview
Geographically, the global market for palliative care is classified into regions namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America is expected to take greater share in global palliative care market because of good reimbursement and insurance coverage for palliative care services. Countries like Mexico in the Latin American region have more number palliative care centers for children.
Some of the key players and healthcare service providers in global palliative care market are: Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC), UCLA Health, National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization, VITAS Healthcare, CHI Franciscan, University of Washington (UW Medical Center & UW Medicine), Seymour Health, KEHPCA (Kenya Hospices and Palliative Care Association) & others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Palliative Care Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Palliative Care Market: Segmentation
The global palliative care market has been classified on the basis of service type, end user and geography.
Based on service type, the global palliative care market is divided into following:
- Private residence care
- Hospice inpatient care
- Hospital inpatient care
- Nursing home and residential facility care
Based on end user type, the global palliative care market is divided into following:
- Home Care Settings
- Palliative Care Centers
- Long Term Care Centers & Rehabilitation Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Palliative Care Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Palliative Care Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Palliative Care Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Palliative Care Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)