This Homecare Medical Devices market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Homecare Medical Devices market.
Home care medical devices are intended for use in any environment outside a professional healthcare facility. The user could be a patient, caregiver, or family member who directly uses the homecare medical device or provides assistance in using the homecare medical device. A qualified healthcare professional is a licensed or non-licensed healthcare professional with proficient skills and expertise in the use of the homecare medical device such that they can aid or train care recipients and caregivers to use and maintain the device. The homecare medical equipment market consists primarily of wheelchairs, scooters, oxygen treatment equipment, accessibility beds, lifts, and toilets, which have until recently been sold primarily through distributers. As patients move to the use of home care services for recovery or long-term care, the homecare medical devices are necessary for their care. As a result, complex medical devices are used more frequently in the home, many times under unsuitable conditions. This in turn has adverse implications on the safety and effective operation of these homecare medical devices, especially those with sophisticated requirements for proper operation or maintenance.
Homecare Medical Devices Market: Drivers and Restraints
The geriatric population are dependent on assistance for mobility. Wheelchair technology is evolving to provide people with disabilities an ease in mobility. Mobility of these people with disabilities depends on wheelchair which solves the purpose to greater extent. Power and manual wheelchairs are used by people depending on their requirements. Many issues impact the choice of a wheelchair, for instance, some patients look for cost effective devices and reimbursement availability. Medical scooters is a fast growing segment in the global homecare medical devices market owing to its feature of mobility for the aging population and their performance in an outdoor environment. A major driver of the global homecare medical equipment is the growing incidence of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and other respiratory conditions wherein oxygen is able to improve the quality of life significantly. Portable devices have become affordable and support a mobile lifestyle even while on oxygen. Stationary oxygen concentrators are needed for night use by patients on portable oxygen concentrators during the day. The impact of direct sales through the Internet has brought about distribution channel consolidation, leading to a decrease in the number of distributers in the global homecare equipment market.
Homecare Medical Devices Market: Overview
According to American Association for Homecare more than 8 Mn Americans depend on durable medical equipment and services at home to treat conditions such as multiple sclerosis, Lou Gehrig's disease, spinal cord injuries, lung disease such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), congestive heart failure, sleep apnea, and diabetes. Fueled by the rising number of elderly people and technological advancements, the global homecare market has experienced significant growth over the past decade. A pivotal factor in the growth of this market has been the increasing healthcare cost, which have shifted the focus of healthcare from hospitals to home. Initiatives taken by governments to support home healthcare further propels the market. However, limited insurance coverage for home healthcare devices and risk to the safety of patients and home care workers are the major deterrents curbing the growth of the market.
Homecare Medical Devices Market: Regional Overview
Region wise, the homecare medical devices market is classified into regions namely, North America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America, Japan, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Middle East and Africa (MEA). North America is the largest market for homecare medical devices, followed by Western Europe attributed to the increasing old age population in these regions. Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) and Japan are growing at significant growth rate which is followed by Middle East & Africa.
Homecare Medical Devices Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in global homecare medical devices market include AirSep, SeQual, Drive Medical, Graham Field, Inogen, Invacare, Meyra, Nordic / Handicare / Permobil, O2Concepts Oxlife, Philips Respironics, Pride, Sunrise Medica, Teijin and TiLite.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Homecare Medical Devices Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Homecare Medical Devices Market: Segmentation
The homecare medical devices market is classified on the basis of product type, distribution channels and geography.
Based on product type, the global homecare medical devices market is segmented into the following:
- Oxygen treatment equipment
- Accessibility beds
Based on distribution channel, the global homecare medical devices market is segmented into the following:
- Direct Distribution Channel
- Online Sales
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Homecare Medical Devices Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Homecare Medical Devices Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Homecare Medical Devices Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Homecare Medical Devices Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)