This Pathology Devices market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Pathology Devices market.
Pathology is the field in healthcare which provides accurate information regarding the progression of disease conditions. This information helps physicians to monitor and manage the therapies. Increasing advances in the diagnostic techniques such as PCR, biopsies, and other assays have catered to the needs of pathology services across various domains of healthcare industry. Biomarker technology is one the diagnostic tool which would get prominent potential in next five years. Such advances in technologies has largely helped physicians to measure and monitor the progression life style diseases such as stroke, diabetes and cancer. Other technologies such as immunoassays, clinical chemistry are also framing the demand for pathology devices to next level. These technologies are prominently used across developed regions owing to lower cost and easy availability. However, the substandard quality and marginal efficiency would pose a threat for these technologies. Pathology devices used in diagnosing infectious diseases, cancer and other prevalent diseases have high demand across globe. Moreover, devices used during clinical trials, drug discovery and development are gaining pace owing to increasing pharmaceutical research and development.
Pathology Devices Market: Drivers & Restraints
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Pathology Devices Market: Segmentation
The global pathology devices market is segmented based on, technology, application and end users.
Pathology Devices Market: Overview
By technology, immunoassays and clinical chemistry are two leading segments, owing to its higher adoption in developing regions. However, molecular diagnostic is expected to gain pace during the forecast period. This is due to its superior quality over conventional pathology techniques such as immunoassays and clinical chemistry. By application, the disease diagnostic was the leading application segment in pathology devices market. However, drug discovery and drug development is anticipated to grow at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period. By end users, diagnostic laboratories was the highest revenue generating segment in 2015. However, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and contract research organizations are expected to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period.
Pathology Devices Market: Region-wise Outlook
By region, North America was the most dominating region in pathology devices market in 2015, followed by Europe. Favorable government regulations and high affordability are the prominent factors responsible for the growth of Nprth America & Europe pathology devices market. Moreover, the growing demand for door step diagnostic services and advancement in technologies are promoting the growth of pathology devices market in North America and Europe region. In October 2016, Roche Diagnostics has received US FDA approval for the cobas HBV and cobas HCV viral load test. This test provide rapid result with highest throughput in hepatitis B or hepatitis C conditions. Such commercialization of novel diagnostic tools provides promising growth opportunities for pathology devices market.
Pathology Devices Market: Key Players
Some of the leading players operating in pathology device market are Becton, Dickson and Company, Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Roche Diagnostics, Abbott Laboratories, Inc., Johnson and Johnson, Danaher Corporation, Ventana Medical Systems, Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., Mikroscan Technologies, Definiens AG, Visiopharm, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Siemens Healthcare, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Sysmex Corporation, bioMérieux, 3DHistech, Quest Diagnostics and LabCorp. Receiving commercial approvals from the respective government authorities plays a crucial role in novel product launch in the global pathology devices market. Moreover, these companies are majorly focusing on the research and development area to introduce more economic pathology devices for developing regions.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Pathology Devices Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Based on technology, the global pathology devices market is segmented into the following:
- Immunoassays technology
- Rapid Test
- Western Blot
- Clinical chemistry
- Molecular diagnostics
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Technology (NAAT)
- Molecular Hybridization
- DNA Sequencing
Based on application, the global pathology devices market is segmented into the following:
- Disease diagnostics
- Drug discovery and development
- Forensic diagnostics
Based on end users, the global pathology devices market is segmented into the following:
- Diagnostics laboratories
- Forensic laboratories
- Academic institutes
- Contract research organizations
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Pathology Devices Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Pathology Devices Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Pathology Devices Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Pathology Devices Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)