This Plug In Hybrid Electric Vehicles Phev market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Plug In Hybrid Electric Vehicles Phev market.
A Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) is a vehicle which comprises of internal combustion engine (IC Engine), electric motor, and a rechargeable battery. The PHEV can work even after their battery is emptied, by using IC Engine and can operate as a conventional vehicle. The combination of both electric and IC engine power enable the vehicle to travel long distances. As compared to conventional vehicles, plug-in hybrid electric vehicles emit less harmful greenhouse gases, thus making them more environment friendly than the conventional vehicles. PHEVs are mostly passenger cars but there are light commercial vehicles, heavy commercial vehicle, and two wheelers which have this feature available. The PHEV is popular in number of countries such as U.S., China, Japan, the Netherlands, and Canada. The plug-in hybrid electric vehicle gaining popularity in other countries as well such as France, Italy, Germany, Sweden, U.K., Norway, and Spain among others.
Global Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Market Dynamics:
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Market Segmentation:
The global Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle market is segmented on the basis of vehicle type, technology, and region.
The global Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Market is segmented on the basis of Vehicle Type: passenger car and light commercial vehicle. In 2015, the passenger car segment is estimated to be the largest segment in the PHEV market and it is projected to remain the largest segment during forecast period.
The PHEV market is also segmented on the basis of Technology: series, parallel, and series-parallel. The global Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle market is segmented on the basis of region as: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific exc. Japan (APEJ), Japan, and Middle East & Africa (MEA).
Global Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Market: Regional Outlook:
Geographically, the global Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle market can be divided by major regions which include North America, Latin America, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific region, Japan, Middle East and Africa. The market for plug-in hybrid electric vehicle is prominent in North America and European countries, though in Asia Pacific region China and Japan are the major market for plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. In coming years, it is anticipated that the potential market for plug-in hybrid electric vehicle will be India, Brazil, South Africa, Russia, and Mexico. By region, North America is expected to hold highest market share followed by Europe in the global Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle market. However, global growth opportunities mainly lies in the emerging markets where Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle is currently in a nascent phase.
Global Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Market Players:
The major players identified for the global Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehiclemarket include Daimler AG, General Motors Corporation, Toyota Motor Corporation, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, BYD Auto Co. Ltd., Volkswagen AG, BMW AG, Honda Motor Co. Ltd., and Hyundai Motor Company among others. The companies are emphasizing on research & development and new product development in order to cater the growing demand for plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. Many automotive OEMs are launching their new plug-in hybrid electric vehicles in the market. For example, BMW launched its new plug-in hybrid electric vehicle BMW X5 in 2016. Other plug-in hybrid electric vehicles available in the market are Toyota Prius, Cadillac ELR, Chevrolet Volt, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 918 Spyder, Ford C-Max, Ford Fusion, Mercedes-Benz S-Class, BMW i8, Opel Ampera, Volkswagen Golf, and others
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Plug In Hybrid Electric Vehicles Phev Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Plug In Hybrid Electric Vehicles Phev Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Plug In Hybrid Electric Vehicles Phev Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Plug In Hybrid Electric Vehicles Phev Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Plug In Hybrid Electric Vehicles Phev Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.