This Polysaccharide Films market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Polysaccharide Films market.
Global Polysaccharide Films Market: Overview
Polysaccharide films are made from starch alginate, cellulose ethers,chitosan, carrageenan or pectin and are used for food packaging applications. Polysaccharide films impart hardness, compactness thickening quality, adhesiveness and gel forming ability. The polymer chains making up the polysaccharide film exhibit excellent gas barrier properties resulting in desirable modified atmospheres that enhance the shelf life of the product. Polysaccharide films are mainly used for food applications especially for muscle foods. Polysaccharide films are used to extend the shelf life of the muscle foods by preventing dehydration and surface browning. Types of Polysaccharide films include starch based, alginate, carrageenan, cellulose derivatives, pectin, agar, chitosan and gums. These polysaccharide films are able to provide good barrier properties against oxygen and carbon dioxide. Desired tensile strength values are required to maintain the integrity of the packaged food. The tensile strength values provided by the polysaccharide films are comparable to those values found in high density polyethylene films. Researchers nowadays are studying the combinations of polysaccharides with other materials to improve the barrier and mechanical properties. Polysaccharide films made from chitosan are also being studied for antimicrobial properties. The use of synthetic plastics in the packaging of food is causing a critical environmental problem. Considering the harmful impacts of plastic films on environment manufacturers are focusing on producing biodegradable films and coatings. The high demand for biodegradable films for food packaging is expected to drive the global polysaccharide films market during the forecast period.
Global Polysaccharide Films Market: Dynamics
Polysaccharide is a polymer which is used to form polysaccharide base biodegradable films. Biopolymers used as raw materials should be renewable, low cost and abundant. One such example is polysaccharide. Incorporation of lipids in polysaccharide films to improve film moisture-barrier properties. The use of polysaccharide films for the packaging of seafood and meat & poultry is the major factor driving the global polysaccharide films market. Polysaccharide films are a good barrier to gases such as oxygen and carbon dioxide and adhere well to hydrophilic surfaces. Some polysaccharides are used for forming edible biopolymer films. The demand for edible films and coatings in the packaging of food as they are available in wide range of properties that can help to relieve many problems encountered with food packaging. Polysaccharide films represent a stimulating route for creating new packaging opportunities. Polysaccharide films made form gums have been recently studied by the researchers of their possibilities as edible polysaccharide films promoters due to their sustainable, biodegradable and compostable nature. Despite the positive outlook, there are some factors affecting the growth of the global polysaccharide films market. Polysaccharide films hydrophilic nature makes them poor barriers for water vapor. Protein films are preferred by some consumers due to their better mechanical properties as compared to polysaccharide films.
Global Polysaccharide Films Market: Regional Outlook
Commercial Polysaccharide films have been used in Japan for quite some time. Polysaccharide films are used mainly for the packaging of meat & poultry and seafood in Japan. Emerging economies such as China and India provide a huge growth opportunity for global polysaccharide films market. Plastic packaging represents almost 40% of Germany plastic market and due to environmental concerns consumers are expected to switch over to polysaccharide films. The USA is estimated to register the highest share of global polysaccharide films market during the forecast period.
Global Polysaccharide Films Market: Key Manufacturers
- Nagase America Corp.
- Tate & Lyle
- Atrafine Gums
- Tagleef Industries
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with Polysaccharide Films market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis includes –
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Polysaccharide Films Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Polysaccharide Films Market: Segment
Global Polysaccharide Films market is segmented on the basis of material into:
- Cellulose Derivatives
Global Polysaccharide Films market is segmented on the basis of thickness into:
- Up to 50 µm
- 50-100 µm
- 100-200 µm
- 200 µm & above
Global Polysaccharide Films market is segmented on the basis of applications into:
- Meat & Poultry
- Ready-to-eat food
- Dairy Products
- Nutritional Products
- Vegetables & Fruits
- A detailed overview of the parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth segmentation of the Polysaccharide Films market
- Historical, current, and projected size of the Polysaccharide Films market, regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape in the Polysaccharide Films market
- Strategies for key players operating in the and products offered by them
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on performance of the market
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Polysaccharide Films Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Polysaccharide Films Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Polysaccharide Films Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Polysaccharide Films Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)